Stars

Two Moons

Days have passed and everything went smooth. The lazy brigade which now only consist of Chanyeol and Kai got creative in making up excuses to avoid chores. Luhan and Kris mostly stuck around with you to help with anything while Tao lived up to be Seri’s best friend. The bakeshop team on the other hand where Baekhyun chose to spend time with, got diligent with their respective assignments and business boomed.

For Seri, school became unusually interesting. She woke up early, studies and finishes homework on time, and goes home scratch free.

One afternoon, you went to the bakeshop as a routine. Sehun manned the counter with Chen, Xiumin taught Baekhyun how to bake mooncakes, while DO and Shin went out for deliveries.

“Sehun-ah, how’s everything around here?” you asked after walking in with Luhan, Kris and Suho.

“Great of course!” he beamed. “Here you go harabeoji!” he handed a paper bag to an old man.

“Komawo Sehunnie!” he bowed and turned to the door.

“Annhyeong haseyo…” you greeted and bowed.

“Hello there, Sehee! I don’t see you here often anymore.” he said.

“Sorry… I’m kinda busy at home.” you sheepishly replied. “Did you get everything you need?” you placed a hand on his shoulder.

“Neh!” he smiled. “You’re brother and his friends are truly helpful!” he added.

You looked back at Sehun who wink at you in response. “Yeah! They’re jjang!” you raised a thumb and walked him out.

After leaving the bakeshop, you noticed him picking up two plastic bags by the door.

“Harabeoji! Let me take those…” you grabbed it from him.

“Aigooo~ Kamsahamnida…” he bowed his head. “You’re such a sweetheart just like your mother.”

You bowed back. “Thanks…” you smiled. “Guys, I’ll just take harabeoji to his home… I’ll be back!”

Suho quickly ran to you. “I’ll go with you!”

“No need, Suho! It’s just a block away. You guys stay here and help Xiumin in the back. I have a feeling he needs help teaching Baekhyun.” you chuckled.

“Are you sure?” he asked.

“Neh! Bye~” you walked out.

“Sehun-ah, you’re noona has a heart of gold…” Chen nudged him while watching you help the old man.

“Mhmmm! I’m lucky to have her and Seri!” he replied.

Luhan and Kris watched you through the window as well. They too share the same feelings with Chen. But with Luhan, it’s a lot more. Something that makes him warm and fuzzy inside. Something that makes you stay in his mind, even in his dreams. Something that makes him long for you. ‘What is this, Sehee? This is normal right?’

---------

“You seem to be surrounded by a lot of guys. Are they your relatives?” the old man asked while you walked.

“A-Aniyo!” you laughed. “They are Sehun’s friends who needed a place to stay.”

“Ehhh??? That’s a lot of boys with no homes.” he cocked his head to the side. “Well… It’s none of my business anyway. But are you and Seri okay? You’re not forced or something, are you?” he added.

“We’re perfectly fine… You’re funny, harabeoji!” you laughed.

“Just checking…” and you both stopped. “Well, this is it. Thanks for giving me a hand, Sehee!” he patted your head.

“Anytime! It’s been a while since I’ve done this so the pleasure is all mine!” you bowed. “Annyeong~”

The old man took the bags and went into his house while you started walking back to the bakeshop.

You placed both hands on your jacket pocket as you take short steps. Your hair would slap your face every time a car sped off, making you shake your head.

The bakeshop was already on sight when you noticed a man in black suit walking straight towards you. With his stance and intimidating aura, he could already pass as a goon running errands for some mafia leader.

You sidestepped to avoid his path but he followed you still. ‘What the hell?’ you thought and turned to another direction with an increased pace.

This time, he firmly stopped in front of you. “Are you Hwang Sehee?”

You looked up to him and slowly nodded. “Neh! Wae yo?”

Without saying a word, he gave you the folder that he has been holding ever since you saw him from afar. You flipped the cover and read the contents. Your eyes moved with every word and upon nearing the end of the last paragraph, your hands curled leaving the edges crumpled. ‘I knew this will happen one day…’ you sighed and looked up to him again. “Just give me time…” you requested.

“I can’t promise anything, Ms. Hwang.” he replied. “You seem like a nice and honest person, but please understand as well that I’m not in the position to decide on this matter. Jesunghamnida!” he bowed his head.

“Ye! I understand…” you handed him the folder and left.

You staggered towards the bakeshop. It’s as if you literally dragged your feet with every step you make. Your stomach flipped and your heart came with it.

Upon reaching the main door, you saw Sehun behind the counter goofing around with Kris while Luhan talked to an ahjumma, and Chen entertained her son on the stroller.

That’s when you decided to stay outside and sit crossed leg on the pavement. Million thoughts rammed your brain. It happened so fast that you even questioned if it was a dream or reality. ‘This can’t be…’ you blinked.

“Hey Sehee! How was your walk?” Baekhyun beamed and sat beside you. But you failed to notice him. He even waved a hand on your face. “Sehee-ah! Hello?”

Then you snapped. “Oh! B-Baekhyun!” you stuttered.

“What’s wrong?” he tilted his head to catch your gaze as you looked straight ahead.

“N-Nothing… Got tired from that long walk!” you quickly glanced to him and faked a smile.

‘Tch! If Seri is a terrible liar, you’re just as bad in acting!’ he smirked. “Yah! I’m the last person you should try to hide something from. I can read people’s mind like the back of my hand.”

You raised your knees this time and rested your chin on it. “Is that your special ability as well?” you snorted while looking at him.

“Nope! Let’s just say I learned to control 11 guys with different personalities using it.” he smiled. “Now, tell me what’s bothering you!”

You instantly avoided his stare and watched the street. “It’s nothing… Really!” you coughed.

“So now you’re trying to beat Lay in being the toughest cookie to crack, huh?” he raised an eyebrow.

“NO! Coz I don’t have any reason to do so…” you continued.

“Right… Convince yourself more!” he shook his head. “Look Sehee!” Baekhyun moved closer and placed an arm around your shoulder. “We didn’t just come here to find Sehun’s sisters. EXO is here to protect and make everything easy for you and Seri.” you then raised your head to his gaze. “Sehee, we are like stars… You may not always see us but we're always here!” he rubbed your arm.

“Thanks…” your lips curled.

“If you’re not ready to tell me, I understand. But don’t deal with it alone!” you looked away. "I'm just tired, Baekhyun..."

'I'll let this pass for now, Sehee...' He gently cupped your jaw and made you face him. “I don’t think it’s really that bad… Smile, will ya!” you rolled your eyes. “Yah! It’s not that hard. You have the prettiest smile in the entire galaxy that comes out naturally.” you scrunched your face. “I’m a keen observer that’s why I know!” then the biggest smile formed on his face and raised one hand with a peace sign. “Like this! Do it! C'mon!”

“Seriously Baekhyun?” you gawked.

“Don’t be such a brat! Just do it!” he demanded. “Smiillleeeee~” he spoke while grinning.

“Noona!” Sehun suddenly came out with Kris behind him. “Xiumin hyung is causing a lot of mess in the kitchen!”

You broke away from Baekhyun and followed Sehun. “What is it this time?” you sighed and closed the door.

Kris then took your spot. “You both seemed serious out here? What’s the deal?”

“I’m pretty sure something happened when Sehee walked that harabeoji home, but she wouldn’t tell me!” they both looked back at your direction. “We need to find out, hyung!” he added.

“We will! Don’t worry!” Kris blew out an air.