For So Long

Two Moons

 

It’s been a week since Himchan showed up. Everything came back to normal plus the extra vigilance of the boys. Tao and Kai never left Seri’s side while the rest of them stayed by your side all the time. Chores became lighter having them around. Work and business gradually turned into a routine.

One afternoon, Shin decided to leave deliveries with DO and Chen to take you out on a stroll. You made your way down the street where almost everyone you meet was a familiar face. From parents of a high school classmate, distant relatives, even an old crush you had back in the day.

“Are you sure you liked Jungmin when we were in 3rd grade?” he whispered after the guy bowed to you and left. “He’s ugly! Yuck!”

“SHIN! That’s mean!” you elbowed him. “FYI, he was super cute back then! Plus, he’s really, really nice!” you both looked back at him.

“So you do admit that he’s ugly now. Hahahaha!” you punched his arm. “Sorry… Puberty must’ve been hard on him! Kekeke~” he snickered.

“Are we going or what?” you scowled.

Shin held in his laughter and placed an arm around your shoulder. “Why so serious, babe? Relax, will ya!” you continued walking. “So? How’s everything at home?” he asked.

“Same… Nothing new…” you sighed.

“How’s Seri and Tao?” he added.

“Going stronger.” you smiled.

“And you?” he smirked.

You stopped walking and looked at him. “What do you mean? Are you trying to say something?”

“You know what I’m talking about, Sehee?” he then laced your fingers together and continued walking. “I am fully aware that at least two of those boys like you.” he kept his eyes on the road ahead.

“Three actually…” you sighed.

“Idiots! How can they like such a sarcastic girl who faints at the sight of blood? Tch!” he snorted. “They just don’t know what they’re getting themselves into!”

“YAAHHH!!!” you kick his foot.

“OW!” you stuck your tongue out. “It’s true! You’re such a pain in the ! You and your sister!” he whined.

“Jinjja?” you sulked. “Do we really cause that much trouble? your head dropped.

Shin stopped walking and turned to you. He cupped your jaw and made you face him. “Babo! Do you really think I would stick to you until now if you’re that painful to be with?” you blinked. “You and Seri are my life. I love you both with all my heart and I will never stop thinking of ways to make life easier for you.” you held his wrists as he started drawing circles with his thumb on your cheek.

“I know that those boys are like your Sun who lights up your life, so I guess I’ll just be your Moon.” he smiled. “I may not be as big and bright but I will always be here when they are shining in someone else’s sky.”

“Idiot! You don’t have to say that!” you scrunched your face. “I know that already! Even when we were kids, you knew when I needed you the most and I didn’t even have to call you…” you gripped his wrists. “Thank you, Shin! I wouldn’t be here without you… Thanks!”

“Anything for you babe!” he pressed his warm and soft lips on your forehead, and remained like that for what seemed like eternity.

People come and go yet you both remained, ignoring every stares and murmurs. Having Shin was all you could ask for in the midst of the looming threat you are facing. He has that magical effect in you where he eases all your worries. ‘I just hope no one gets hurts. Not even Shin! Not even a single innocent human being.’

After Shin took his time enjoying your touch, he pulled away and tugged you into a food tent that sells tteokbokki. “Sweet! I miss this stuff! Ahhhh~” he rubbed his palms together.

“Me too!” you then tugged his shirt. “Yah~ I forgot to bring my wallet…” you begged with puppy eyes. “Buy me some, please~”

“Mwoh?” he frowned. “See how much of a pain you are?” he joked and you pouted with a fake cry. “Fine! But you owe me a treat, araseo?” you nodded frantically with the biggest smile in your face.

“YES! Komawo ShinShin!” you clapped.

“Ahjumma, two servings please!” he yelled and took your seats side by side on one of the plastic table with stools.

After a few seconds, the lady came with your food. Shin took the bowls from her and placed one in front of you. “Enjoy babe!” he beamed.

“I will!” you your lips while staring at the rod-shaped rice cakes smothered in red chili sauce.

“So?” Shin started to eat after handing you a metal chopstick. “Who’s the three stooges who fell in love with my baby?”

“What the hell?” you glared at him.

“What? I can’t ask about your love life anymore?” he scowled.

“Oh! Ermmm… Kris, Suho…” you shove a piece in your mouth. “…and Luhan.”

“Ahhh…” he chewed. “Is there someone whom you like already?” he watched you eat and observe your reaction at the same time.

“I don’t know…” you shrugged and took another bite.

“What do you mean, you don’t know?” he slowly chewed while looking at you.

Your cheeks puffed as you breathe out an air. “I don’t want to choose, Shin! I don’t want to hurt anybody!”

Shin lowered his chopsticks and tuck strands of hair behind your ear. “Look Sehee! As soon as they exposed their feelings, they exposed their true selves, and when loving someone, there’s a risk not to be loved in return.” you looked at him and he stared back at you. “Those guys know what they signed up for. Believe me, I know!”

“But Shin! I don’t wanna hurt anyone...” you shook your head.

“You didn’t hurt me. Not one bit!” he turned his body towards you and pinched your cheek. “We’ve been friends for God knows how long but do you really think you’re just a friend to me?” he smirked and pushed his bowl forward to plant his elbow on the table and pressed his cheek on it. “Remember that day when we were in 6th grade and your mom went out of town with Seri?”

You also lowered your chopsticks and face him. “Yeah! I had to sleep over at your house and spend the night with you… in your room! Tch!” you smirked.

“Mhmmm! That was every boy’s fantasy!” he snorted and you smacked his head. “Sorry…” he rubbed the spot. “Seriously though… That night, you said, “Shin! I don’t think I can live without you by my side. You’re the only friend I have and I can’t afford to lose you!”…”

You smiled after having a flashback of you and Shin lying on his bed with a long narrow pillow in between and staring at the ceiling. “Yeah…”

“From that moment on, I vowed to love you for the rest of my life. I didn’t even care if you love me back since I already knew back then, how much I meant to you!” he your hair. “I realized that love is not who you can see yourself with. It is who you can't see yourself without.” he laced your hands together. “I’m pretty sure that Kris, Suho and Luhan also feels the same way… Don’t force yourself to choose or love one of them coz you have to. It will happen at the right time and for the right reasons! Okay?”

You nodded and lunged for a bear hug. “Oh my ShinShin! What will I ever do without you?”

“Probably die of heartache and misery. Kekeke~” he snickered and kissed your shoulder.

“Most likely!” you laughed.

“I’m starting to think your sister is better at this kind of stuff.” he smirked after squeezing you tighter. “Look how happy she is having Kai and Tao around. Those boys don’t even complain!”

“I guess so…” you agreed.

“I’m still wondering who’s gonna snag my baby’s heart. Hmmm…” he sunk his face on your neck. “ them! I just love having you like this!” he sniffed your neck. “Mmmm… So good…”

“What the ? YAH!” you slapped his back yet he ignored you.

 

 

----------

Hope you won't mind answering the poll:

And while you're at it, don't forget to vote up as well. Thank you so much and I appreciate all the support! ^_^