Jealousy

Two Moons

 

Luhan instantly turned to the kitchen and slammed the door. ‘UGH!!! this!’ he pressed his fists on the table.

“Luhan, gwenchana?” Xiumin came after.

“YES! I’M SO ING FINE!” he snarled.

“Woah! Okay bro! Whatever you say!” the older raised both hands in the air.

Shin lowered you and walked into the bakeshop. “Aigoo~ I should get back to work now. DO and Chen might throw another tantrum again.” you trailed him as well.

Sehun, DO and Chen stayed behind the counter while Baekhyun and Chanyeol went up to the roof.

“DO! Chen! Time for deliveries. Gaja!” Shin called them and they scrambled out.

You on the other hand, went to the kitchen. There you saw Luhan kneading, more like killing the dough with his bare hands. Xiumin shot a stare at you and back to Luhan who kept his head down. “Ermmm… I’ll help Sehun outside with the customers…” he forced a smile and left.

You walked over to the sink and washed your hands. The silence eventually became awkward. You wore an apron on your waist and stood beside Luhan. “Hey, easy on the dough or we’ll end up with a tough and chewy bread.” you took it from his hand. “Let me do it…” you smiled to him.

That’s when you noticed his face contorted in irritation and showed no interest or emotion.

“What’s wrong?” you tilted your head in search for his eyes.

“Nothing…” he said in monotone.

Luhan took another ball of dough and knead hard on it.

“Hey! I said don’t do that!” you snatched it away from him.

“THE , SEHEE!!! WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO THEN???” he snapped.

The dough from your hand slipped and dropped on the floor. You felt your soul leaving your body just staring at him. He was never the type to lash out on someone, at least that’s what your impression of him. Quiet, shy, reserved, and most especially, calm.

Your hands trembled not in fear, but out of shock. You turned to the table and continued to make shapes out of the dough. “Ermmm…” you coughed. “Y-you can join Se-Sehun and help him...“ you stammered.

Luhan intentionally pushed the table which almost flipped making you falter a step back. He moved to the side and paced with hands clasped behind his head. ‘! Stop it, Luhan! Stop it! You’re scaring, her!’

You took another glance at him before heading back to the table. He was calmer this time. Taking deep breaths, blinking a couple of times, trying to swallow his anger and frustration and facing a different direction.

You stepped forward and continued working. As you look down at the shaped dough, your hair kept falling and covering your sight. You would raise your arm and brush it aside with your sleeve but ends up falling after looking down again. ‘Aish!’ you blew out an air.

Next thing you know, a hand swiftly gathered your hair and tied it into a low ponytail.

“Sorry…” Luhan whispered from behind. “I didn’t mean to yell at you. Miahnae, Sehee-ah…”

You stopped and turned to face him. “I will only forgive you if you tell me why you did it…” you planted both palms on the table behind you.

Luhan slipped his hands on his pockets and looked down. “I was watching you earlier with Shin and I didn’t like the feeling that was heating up in my stomach. I don’t know what it is but it angered me. I hated it!”

You searched his eyes and he met your gaze. “We call it jealousy. It happens when a person feels threatened by someone else outside of the relationship, be it romantic, between friends, parent and child, siblings, etc, and its normal!” you smiled.

“It is?” he raised his head.

“Mhmmm!” you nodded. “But… You should never be jealous over Shin. He is my friend just like you. Just like the rest of Exo.” you pinched his nose.

He suddenly held your wrist and lowered your hand. “What if I want something more than that? Is that possible?”

“Huh?” you turned your head to the side while trying to comprehend what he just said. ‘Did I hear him right?’

“I-I mean… Just out of curiosity.” he scratched his nape and you stared back at him. “Is it possible to love someone more than a friend?” his lips curled.

“Of course! Love is a complicated thing and the more you love, the more you lose a part of you. Yet you don’t become less of who you are. In fact, you end up being complete.” you reached up to his bangs and removed dusts of flour. “But you have to be careful whom you give your heart, coz if you do, you’re not only giving that person the right to love you back but also the power to hurt you.”

Luhan suddenly held onto your hips. “I understand now…” he eyesmiled. ‘I can hurt myself just for you. I can take all the hits just for you... I’m in love with you, Sehee! I want you more than a friend. I want you all for myself. Please be mine!’ he thought.

“Hey stop staring!” you flicked his forehead. “We got work to do…”

“Oh! Right!” he pulled away. “By the way, am I forgiven?”

“Tch! I was just joking when I said it. You don’t even have to say sorry…” you playfully sprinkled flour on his cheek.

“AAHHH!!!” he flinched when it went to his eye. He stooped his head while covering one eye with a hand.

“OMG! I’m sorry!” you wiped your hands in your apron and made him face you. “Calm down… Look at me!” you cupped his face. “Yah! LuLu! Stop moving and face me!” he followed.

Luhan clutched on your waist and faced you with one eye shut. You placed a thumb on his upper eyelid and another on the lower eyelid. “I’m gonna force it open and blow it out, okay?”

“Okay…” he whispered.

He slowly opened his eye as you blow warm air into it. That’s when he knew how close you are to each other. Your lips is just an inch away from him and he could already smell the sweet scent of your cologne from your neck.

Luhan started to tear up as he blinked so you took a tissue from the counter and wiped it. “Better?”

“No…” he pouted. “I think I’ve gone blind!” he closed it again with an evil smirk forming in his lips.

“Mwoh? Yah! It’s just flour not some deadly chemical.” you leaned to blow it again but he firmly held your shoulders this time.

“I think you’ll have to kiss it!” he grinned.

“Forget it!” you pushed him but he yanked you back.

“Oh c’mon, Sehee! You have to help me.” he faked a cry. “It’s your fault anyway!”

You rolled your eyes and leaned closer. “Such a baby! Pft!” you pressed your lips into his eye with a firm hold on his neck. "There..."

It slowly opened and he smiled at you. “Thanks! I’m way better now!”

“Of course!” you scrunched your face.

“I wonder what it feels like if you do it here…” he moistened his lips by sliding his tongue from corner to corner then puckered them to you.

“NOONA!” Sehun suddenly came in making you shove the tissue to Luhan’s face. “Ehh? What’s going on here?” he stared at you then to Luhan.

“N-Nothing…” you forced a smile. “Do you need something?”

“Ermmm… Neh!” he eyed Luhan who snatched the tissue and hurled it to the trash. “Some customers are looking for you. They said they miss talking to you and want to see you.”

“Oh okay! I’m coming then!” you ran out.

Sehun shot a questioning glare to Luhan. He raised a hand to his face and pointed two fingers to his own eyes then pointed it to him. “I’m watching you, hyung!”

‘Aigooo~ I guess I have to deal with the over protective brother from now on.’ he laughed.