Rematch

Two Moons

 

Another sunny morning came but a lot colder. You pulled the blanket up to your neck and snuggled to your sister’s side. After reaching out to the bed, you grew curious when your hands could not seem to find her.

You ended up getting frustrated just feeling the sheets so you opened your eyes. That’s when you saw an empty spot and started to worry. “Seri?” you sat up and looked around.

There you are, all alone in your room, your sister not in sight. All the negativity in the world rushed up to your brain.

With just a pair of pink pajamas on, you quickly jumped out of the bed and checked the entire house. The boy’s room, the attic, kitchen, living room, dining room, it was all empty. “Oh my God! Seri please… Where are you?” you muttered while standing by the front door.

Just as you were about to ran back to wake the boys, you heard a very familiar soft giggles coming from the front yard. ‘Seri!’

You grabbed a random hoodie dangling by the coat hanger and after slipping it on, you rushed to open the door. “GOTCHA!!!” a snowball smashed right in your face. “Unnie! Good morning! HAHAHA~” Seri laughed at your gawking face filled with powdery white snow.

“What in the flying ? YAH!!!” you scowled while wiping the debris off your face.

A bone chilling cold breeze greeted you while your sister stood in the middle of the yard with snow up to her calves, also in yellow pajamas but with a pair of ugg boots.

Everything in your sight was covered in thick snow: the trees, the table and chairs on the side, and even the fence from far across.

“I’ll get you for that, Seri! Just wait…” you ran to your room and quickly slip into your own boots.

As you came back to the yard, another ball came flying straight to your face but you managed to duck. “YAH! I’m not even ready yet!” you complained.

“Sorry! I’m just too excited!” she snickered.

“Excited my ! Come here you little brat!” you jumped into the snow and after scooping a handful, you ran and aimed at the back of her as he tried running away.

“OW! UNNIE!!!” she turned and glared at you. “That hurts!” she rubbed her head.

“Payback’s a , huh?” you stuck your tongue out.

With that, you and Seri hurled balls of snow at each other and tried to dodge at the same time.

Exo on the other hand, remained in deep slumber not until when Lay heard shrieks and yells. “!” he instantly sat up. “Duizhang! Guys!” he shook Kris and his mates. “Wake up! Something’s wrong with Sehee and Seri!”

“M-Mwoh?” Chen croaked.

Tao suddenly jumped off his bed when another loud scream rang in his ears. “SERI!!!”

Xiumin also left their room and went straight to Exo-K. “Guys! Wake up! YAH!!!”

“Wae?” Chanyeol curled to his side.

“I think Sehee and Seri are in trouble!” he said and that’s all it took to snap out of their dreams. Kai and Suho were the first to run out.

In just their trackpants, simple tshirt and messy bed hair, the boys ran down the stairs and all the way to the yard.

As you and Seri saw the door opening, you nodded to each other and fired at the first person to come out.

“What the hell?” Kris froze with mouth wide open and face covered in snow. “YAH! What are you doing?” he snarled and the boys bumped behind him.

“Noona! Seri-ah! What’s going on?’ Sehun ran passed him then towards you. “What’s with the yelling and shouting?” he stood in the middle then you and Seri came out of your hiding spots from each side.

“We’re just playing! Wae?” you slowly scooped for another ball of snow as you approach him.

“You gave us a heart attack, don’t you know that?! Aish!” he placed both hands on his hips and sighed.

Tao also came to Seri and held her face. “Are you okay? Did something happen?” he moved her head from side to side.

“Nope! Unnie and I are just playing!” she said.

Then without warning, you hurled the snowball towards Tao’s face and grabbed Sehun’s wrist. “This is a rematch! Let’s go Sehun!” you tugged him towards the same hiding spot when you played capture the flag.

“Tao! Let’s go!” Seri also pulled him to their spot. “YAH! What are you waiting for?” she yelled at Exo who stood by porch.

After staring at each other for a bit, they immediately scrambled out toward their respective spots. But then both groups were shocked at the mix up.

“What are you doing here?” Xiumin asked Kai who took a spot beside Seri.

“Dude! I think you’re lost!” Chanyeol nudged Luhan who ended up beside you.

“OH !” both boys instantly left to switch places.

“Guys! Can we at least try winning this time?” you asked Exo-K.

“Don’t worry Sehee! We got this!” DO raised a fist.

“Right… That’s the same thing you said last time. Pft!” you scoffed.

“Yah! At least have a little faith in us!” Baekhyun shot you a death warning and you cowered behind Suho.

After DO slammed his fist on the ground, a pair of mounds rose from the ground serving as a fortress for each teams.

“Last person standing, wins!” you announced.

“Got it!” Seri replied.

With that, it rained snowballs from every direction. You scooted closer to Suho who also covered you with one arm over your head as he peered towards the opponent.

You could hear balls zing through the air and sometimes see one flying over your brother’s head. “Sehun-ah, be careful!” you murmured.

“Neh!” he smiled.

What started as a simple child’s play turned into a snowball war. Their enthusiasm and hunger for battle kicked in when they all left you and Suho alone. You slowly moved and popped your head out to witness the ongoing skirmish.

At that point on, both teams were dodging shots, Matrix style.  “Uwaaaa~ Flame boy is so cool!” you praised after seeing Chanyeol leap to evade an incoming shot aimed at his chest. “Dang Baek!” you mused when he rolled over against the snow.

Tch! I can do better than that!” Suho smirked and stood.

But you suddenly grabbed his wrist. “Yah! Your carelessness will get us in trouble. Stay here!”

“Oh! Okay!” he grinned.

Amazingly, Exo-M were left outnumbered when Chen, Xiumin, and Kris were eliminated while Exo-K only lost Sehun and Kai.

Seeing the other side leaderless gave you a boost of confidence, so much confidence that you jumped out of hiding. You swiftly scooped a handful of snow and aimed it straight at Lay’s face who was stunned to see you dashing out of nowhere. “Gotcha!” you smirked and left defeated.

“YAH! Move your asses!” Kris yelled to his team from the side.

Just as Luhan managed to shot Baekhyun, Tao also aimed a solid shot straight at you. “NOOO!!!” and without hesitation, Luhan flew out of his spot and crashed against you.

“UMPFH!” you groaned.

The ball smashed on Luhan’s back while you landed on the snowy ground, which also served as a cushion for you when he ended up on top of you.

He stared down at your face with arms on the side of your head.

You had already turned red from the cold: your nose, cheeks, even your jaw. Vapors came off your mouth as you panted. Your chest moved up and down after running around took your breath away.

Luhan on the other hand, looked rather peaceful. Not a single trace of regret came off from him after he took the shot for you, even if it means risking his team’s chances of winning.

“A-Are you okay?” he whispered.

“Are you?” you searched his eyes.

“Of course, I am! Babo!” he eyesmiled.

“Kris will kill you if you lose!” you dusted the snow from his hair.

He moved his hand and wiped your cheek from a speck of snowflakes. “I don’t care! I can’t let anyone hurt you! Not even my own kind!”

“Thanks!” you said.

“EHEM!!!” Sehun stood on your side with arms crossed. “Would you mind getting off my sister?”

“Oh! Right…” he smiled shyly and pulled you up as he stood.

“Now, move it!” Sehun nodded towards his ousted mates.

Luhan walked away while your brother shot you a glare after seeing you smiling from ear to ear. “What?” you raised you an eyebrow.

“I’m watching you and him from now on!” he gestured his fingers from his eyes to yours.

“YAH! Can we get on with this please?” Seri yelled.

“You better win this or I won’t go easy on you for the next 3 days!” Sehun warned.

“Yeah! Yeah! Go!” you kicked his .