Escape

Two Moons

 

The car was already in sight. You were already running out of breath, yet you refused to stop. Yongguk kept holding on and never let go.

You broke apart just meters away from the car, then jumped in. The engine roared and swerved in reverse.

Running at top speed, he drove straight through the gates. You crossed your arms to cover your head, but the car proved to be indestructible.

It kept moving down the street. Your eyes widened in horror as people panicked in both sides. Smoke came out of buildings on fire. Screams and howls filled the city.

It was utter chaos. Planet Mato just turned upside down, almost in destruction. “Oh my God, Bang! I didn’t imagine it to be this worse!”

“Don’t worry, Sehee! Warriors are stronger than you think! We can stand back up if we want to!” he gripped the steering wheel.

You were approaching a free way when the car suddenly went out of control. The screen on the dashboard turned hazy. The interior lights flickered.

“Oh no! NO! NOOO!” his eyes moved everywhere.

“Wae? What’s going on?” you worried.

Yongguk’s face noticeably fell. He turned pale. His shaking hands never left the wheel. You noticed him stepping on the brakes multiple times.

“Why aren’t we stopping?” you stuttered.

“This car is designed to self destruct when the driver tries to escape.” he remained calm. But deep down inside him, he knows it’s hopeless.

“What do you mean self destruct? What are you talking about?” you touched the computerized dashboard.

“This car has a brain that when it detects the driver’s anxiety and alert levels, it will set itself to auto destruct.” he explained while looking for other means.

“What? Who would even thought of that?”

“My dad… He did it to avoid any Warrior leaving this planet.” he reached to the glove compartment but couldn’t find anything.

As the car moved at a much faster speed, Yongguk leaned back and inhaled deeply. His knuckles could turn white when he gripped the steering wheel. “Sehee-ah… You trust me right?” he choked.

“Mhmmm…”

“Close your eyes…” he tenderly whispered.

You took a deep breath and slowly dropped your lids.

When everything turned dark, you gripped onto your seatbelt. The car gained speed. It’s as if riding a roller coaster, whirling your intestines, spinning your head, shaking every bone in your body. “B-Bang?”

It was eerily silent. It frightened you.

Next thing you know a warm body hovered you. A pair of arms circled around you. A husky and deep toned voice whispered in your ears. “I love you, Hwang Sehee…”

“Bang?” you opened your eyes again.

He looked straight at you, hugging you. His eyes were peaceful, even managed a meek smile. “Bang… What happened?”

Blood suddenly dripped on his lips. “I’m keeping a promise…” then his head dropped on your shoulder. “BANG!!! WAE???”

You looked around and saw that the car has stopped. The windshield was cracked. The lights were out. Smoke came out of the hood.

As you squinted your eyes, there you saw the car has crashed on a wall head on. “Bang! We stopped! Oh my God! You did it!” you praised.

Then everything came dark again. Your world came crashing down.

There he was, your best friend, bleeding from inside out.

All you could do was stare at him, gawk in disbelief. His hands that were still glued on yours, grew clammy. It was a bad dream and you wanted to get out of it. ‘No! Andwae! Not my best friend!’

“Bang…” you shook him. “Bang! Wake up!”

You carefully sat him back and his head instantly dropped. You removed your seatbelt and hovered on top of him. “Bang… Please… Don’t this…” you frantically tapped his cheek.

He suddenly coughed out blood. “Se…Sehee…”

“Bang… Thank God! Let’s get outta here!” you unbuckled his seatbelt but it won’t budge. “What the ?” you kept yanking it.

“Sehee-ah… Stop…” he gasped. “It won’t work. It’s locked no matter what you do…”

“What? NO! NO! NO!”

What you thought you wiped as a sweat, turned out to be blood. You felt numb from all the stinging gash on your face. It was nothing compared to what Yongguk was enduring.

“Bang! Tell me what I should do?” you wiped a tear this time.

“Nothing… Just stay with me for a couple of seconds…” he gulped for air.

He arched his back and that’s when you saw how much pain he was in. Blood dripped through his fingers while pressing his palms on his abdomen. A pole went straight through and you can’t do anything but stare. “B-Bang…”

Shallow breaths escaped his mouth. His eyelids grew heavier. “Se…Sehee… This car is gonna blow in a minute…” he gasped. “Can you stay just for ten seconds?”

“Please Bang… Don’t give up… There should be a way…” you pleaded.

He shook his head and everything dawned on you. It just that you can’t accept the fact that you’re losing him.

His bloody and shaking hands reached for your face. It was so cold that your tears drained from your eyes. “I love you so much, Sehee! You now that right?” you tearfully nodded. “Dying is not painful if it’s all because of you.” he breathed.

“No! You’re not gonna die!” you turned to the door. ‘Kris! Suho! Where are you?’

Yongguk grabbed your wrist. “Please Sehee… Stop…”

As you faced him again, a timer popped on the dashboard. *0:60*

This time, his eyes were calm. His hands stopped shaking. For a moment, he forgot about his pain. “I hope it’s not too much to ask for a kiss from my angel.”

“Bang…” sobs clogged your throat. You swallowed hard.

As tears fell in his eyes, you leaned closer. Your lips crashed. Everything brigthened up. You can even stars.

He memorized your warmth. You briefly became his morphine when he felt alive all over again.

His lips were so soft. His heartbeat was at normal pace. All you could see from that moment was his gummy smile when he used to chase you around the yard.

“Thank you for coming into my life, Hwang Sehee!” he weakly spoke. “You and Seri are my only reason for living.” he took the necklace out and place it on your palm. “Give this back to her. Tell her I love her...”

*0:30*

“Don’t cry…” he smiled faintly. “I know we’ll see each other again…”

“SEHEE!!!” a shout came off.

“Kris?” you turned. “Bang! Kris is here. He’ll get you out…”

Kris came and yanked the door from your side. “SEHEE!!!”

“Kris! Im okay! Help Yongguk!!!”

“NEH!!!” he agreed and crawled towards him.

Yongguk however grabbed his collar. “There’s no way you can get me out of here!” he fought his dropping lids and burning chest. “Get her out of here! I BEG YOU!” he sneered with all his strength.

Kris caught a glimpse of the time. *0:20*

“GOOO!!!” Yongguk ordered.

Kris moved and grabbed you by the waist. “NOOO!!! LET ME GO!!!" you pushed him with all your might. "KRISSSS!!! NOOOO!!!” you struggled.

“I’m sorry, Sehee…” Kris pulled you.

“BANNGGGG!!! DON’T GOOO!!! DON’T LEAVE MEEEE!!!” you reached out to him.

His lips curled into a smile. “I love you…” he mouthed.

“I love you too…” you whimpered.

Kris soared up in the sky hanging onto you.

“NOOOOOOOO!!!” you screamed after a deafening explosion, and passed out.