Courage

Two Moons

 

Exo-M waited for Kris by the fence before entering the house. After descending in front of them, he told them what transpired upon capturing the enemy.

“Are you sure Himchan will do what you told him?” Chen doubted.

“Nope!” Kris smirked.

“Then why did you let him go? You do realize that you just exposed the girls, right? Tao protested with hands on his hips.

“I’m well aware of that, didi! But I’m pretty sure he’s smart enough not to risk his own .” their leader explained.

“How can you be sure?” maknae questioned.

Xiumin walked up to Tao and placed a hand on his shoulder. “Self-preservation, didi… Himchan will do everything to protect himself and ensure his own survival.”

“Exactly!” Kris patted Tao’s head. “Don’t worry, okay? Nothing will happen to Sehee and Seri!”

“Okay…” Tao sighed.

They all walked into the house and were met by an anxious crowd. Exo-K paced around the living room except for Kai who sat on the couch since Seri slept beside him with her head on his shoulder. Tao instantly walked up to Sehun. “How are they? Did you tell them already?” he whispered.

“My sisters are fine… But we haven’t told them yet coz we’re still waiting for all of you! So, how did it go?” Sehun asked them.

Just before Kris can answer, you came down the stairs. “You’re here? Where have you guys been?” you looked at each of their faces except for Kris after remembering your recent argument.

You sat beside Seri and Suho kneeled in front of you. “I made a promise that I’ll tell you everything when we get home, right?” and you nodded. “But I want you to promise me something…” he added.

“Sure, what is it?” your brows furrowed in curiosity.

“Promise that you will not hate us!” he gently squeezed your hand. “That whatever we say to you right now, nothing will change...”

“Yah! Why so emo all of a sudden?” you looked up to them. The faint smiles coming off of their faces signaled how serious the situation is. “Look guys… I don’t think there’s any reason for us to hate any of you at this point in time. So yeah, I promise!” you gripped suho's hand. “Now tell me.”

Exo-K’s leader let out a deep breath and told you everything. From how your father was assassinated by the Mato’s, how they came to Earth not just to look for Sehun’s sisters, but also protect them especially now that BAP might already know they existed.

As Suho’s words became grave, you suddenly interrupted him. “Kai! Take Seri upstairs.” you ordered while staring Suho in the eye. “I can’t let her listen to what I am hearing right now. This is too much for her… GO!” you sneered.

“N-Neehhhh…” Kai stuttered and gently carried her bridal style up the stairs.

You continued after hearing the bedroom door closed. “So you’re telling me right now, that Seri and I are being hunted down by some ruthless aliens who wants to rule the entire galaxy?”

Sehun replaced Seri’s spot and placed an arm around your shoulder. “Noona, that’s the whole point why father wanted us to find you. Mato will not stop until our lineage will come to an end. In that way, they can take over our planet.”

“Holy mother of God! I can’t believe this is happening…” you planted both elbows on your knees and covered your mouth. With all the confusion your mind and body is going through, only one thing triumphed over… courage. It’s your innate ability to confront fear, pain, danger, or intimidation, and act rightly in the face of opposition, or discouragement.

“Noona, don’t be scared.” Sehun rubbed your arm. “We’re here! No one can hurt you or Seri. I give you my word!”

Exo already took their seats around you while burrowing their eyebrows over the conversation. They too assured you and it replaced all your worries.

“I’m not scared, Sehun!” you shook your head. “How do you think would I survive 19 years without having dad and left looking after our sister and ailing mother?” you smiled. “Besides, I knew about it the moment all of you came into our lives. There’s no way 12 boys would just randomly appear and force themselves to live with us.” you laughed softly.

'Smart girl!' Luhan thought.

“I’m sorry, noona…” he dropped his head.

“Don’t be!” you then laced your fingers in the gaps of his hand. “I know that things happen for a reason… But what I’m afraid of, is Seri.” you let out a soft chuckle while playing with your balled hands. “Sehun-ah… Just so you know, Seri is our complete opposite. She’s not as fearless like you, and never an adrenaline junkie like me.”

“I can take care of her.” Tao raised his head to you. “She’s my responsibility and I will do everything to protect her even if it kills me!” he added.

"Aigooo~ I think maknae just found his match!" Xiumin whispered to Chen and they giggled.

“YAH! I’m okay with you protecting her but no one’s getting killed. ARASEO?” you snapped. “If one of you gets hurt, don’t even dare showing your faces to me… EVERRRR!!!” you yelled.

“Woah! Easy there…” Suho shushed you. “Calm down, Sehee! We’ve been dodging death since we’re born, so there's no need to warn us.” he bragged and they laughed in agreement.

“Rigghhhttt... I forgot we have Human Torch over there…” you pointed Chanyeol. “Jean Grey beside him…” you pointed Luhan. “…and a lot of superhumans surrounding me!” you snickered.

Your laugh loosened up the atmosphere. They knew that everything is not far from over but as they see you handle the situation really well made them breathe calmly.

“I’m so thankful she’s the girl we’ve been asked to look after.” Chanyeol whispered to Baekhyun.

“True! She’s one tough cookie just like their dad.” the latter replied as they watch you talk with the rest of Exo.

“Okay!” you stood. “Time to hit the sack! We still have work tomorrow!” you stretched your arms out.

“Mhmmm!” DO clapped and stood. “Good night guys!” he sprinted to his room.

“G’night noona!” Sehun kissed your head and followed DO.

You all headed up to your rooms but as you stepped on the stairs, Kris grabbed your wrist. “We gotta talk first!” he tugged you towards the door.

“Kris! Let go! Can we do it tomorrow instead? I’m tired already…” you jogged behind him.

“Hyung! You heard her!” Suho called. “Let her go!”

But before he can pull you back, Kris has already stepped out of the door and flew up in the sky.

“HOLY SHIIITTTT!!! SUHO-AH!!! LULU!!! SOMEONE!!!” you shouted as soon as your feet left the ground.

They scrambled out of the door and watched Kris wrap his arms around your back while drifting away.

“KRIS!!!” Luhan cupped his mouth. ‘Damn I wish I can fly and get her back! Ugh!’ he stomped his foot back into the house.

“Uwaaa~ Don’t tell me duizhang likes her as well?” Chen tilted his head while watching the path his leader left in the night sky.

“Wae? Who likes my sister already?” Sehun appeared behind him.

Chen pressed his lips together and slowly stepped backwards. “Hehe! I’m not really sure actually…” he grinned and quickly turned. “Night bro!” then lightning boy cowered into their room, followed by the rest of them.

Tao was the last one to step into the door but Sehun was quick enough to stand in front of him. “Do you know who likes my sister?” he then crossed his arms. “…my sistersssss???” he sneered.

“S-sorry bro… I don’t know what you’re talking about…” Tao shrugged and walked passed him.

“I have my eyes on each one of you and I’m gonna find out soon enough!” he slammed the door behind him.