Always Be Mine

Two Moons

 

“Did you see Shin earlier?” Baekhyun whispered to Lay who were waiting for the rest of you to come out of the bakeshop since its closing.

“Yeah… I didn’t know he can be that scary.” he retorted.

“Of course! I’m scary!” Shin suddenly appeared.

“And has a very keen sense of hearing.” Baekhyun added.

“That must be my super power then?” he snorted.

“Nice try!” you came out and patted his shoulder. “Bye ShinShin! See you tomorrow a’right?”

Before you can even leave, you noticed him stretching his arms out. “Where’s my hug?”

“Oh! Miahn…” you grinned and jumped into him.

“Aigooo…” he caught you. “Seri-ah… Come here…” he signaled.

Seri dragged her feet towards him and joined you two. “Hey… Are you mad at oppa?” he asked after hugging you both.

“No…” she pouted. “I just don’t like seeing you fight…”

Shin pulled away but kept you both in his side with arms around each of your shoulders. “I’m sorry if I yelled at you. Hope you can forgive me…” he said to your sister.

“There’s nothing to be sorry about, oppa…” her lips curled as she looked up to him. “But can’t you forgive him?” she referred Yongguk.

“Not now, Seri…” he sighed.

“It’s okay… I understand.” she smiled.

“Thanks~” he said and lowered his face in between you two. “I need to go… Where’s my kiss?” Seri tiptoed and planted her lips on his cheek. “Komawo~” she ran back to Tao who was busy chatting with Exo. He scowled at you, now wrapping his hands around your waist. “Hey! My kiss!” You rolled your eyes and planted another kiss on the other cheek. “Thanks babe!” he beamed. “I hope you understand why I can’t forgive Yongguk.”

“Of course, Shin! I know that…” you fixed his fringe. “Just don’t take too long… A’right?”

“Mhmmm!” he also kissed your cheek. “Bye babe…”

Before you can even break away from him, you suddenly saw him floating a few inches off the ground, drifting away from you. “Sorry man! There’s way too much skinship!” Luhan was opening his palm towards him.

“Jealous bastard! Put me down!” Shin demanded.

“LuLu!!!” you turned to him.

“Not until you come over here!” he signaled with his free hand.

You let out a chuckle and ran to his side. “Can you put Shin down now?”

“Of course…” he smiled to you then waved at him. “Bye Shin!” and got a middle finger as a response.

“You should never try pissing Shin off…” you chuckled and started walking the rest of the pack.

“Why not? I can do anything I want, now that he knows what I’m capable of.” he bragged.

“Right…” you smirked and suddenly hugged yourself when a cold gust of wind flew by. But even if you zipped your jacket all the way up, the chilly night air still snuck into your skin.

Thinking that you have a moving fireplace within the pack, you and Seri ended up running towards Chanyeol.

“YAH!!!” Tao and Luhan protested.

“What?” you turned to them. “We like it here better!”

Chanyeol stretched his arms out, with eyes beaming up in the sky. “Aaahhhh~ Come at me girls! My body is ready!”

With that, you and Seri grabbed each of his arm, and placed it around your shoulders. “Aigooo~ Yeollie is so warm… Mmmmm…” Seri scooted closer to him.

“Yeah…” and so do you.

“Thank God for winter!!!” he squeezed you to his side.

“YAH!!! That’s too much!” Tao hissed, you all ignored him and continued heading home.

----------

Never have you thought that during all those times, Luhan has been keeping a horrible feeling inside him.

Ever since he stepped on Earth, he made a decision to open up his heart. He knows that someone can get inside and might mess with it.

He built up defenses, even a whole suit of armor so that at least it won't hurt that much when an idiot comes in.

Then you came, so he gave you a piece of him.

He didn't ask for it. You did something dumb one day, you smiled at him, and then his life isn't his own anymore. Love took him as hostage. It got inside him. It ate him out and left him crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like “maybe we should be just friends” turns into a glass splinter working its way into his heart. It hurts. It will definitely hurt.

‘Should I let her go?’ he stared at the stars while sitting at the porch after dinner. ‘I love her so much but she’s surrounded by people who love her more than I do. I gave her my all. Why can’t she see that?’

Luhan was far too distracted noticing you taking a sit beside him. You wrapped yourself with a blanket while clutching onto a mug of hot chocolate.

You watch him stare up in the night sky, blankly appreciating the twinkling stars. His face glowed under the moonlight, those deer eyes glittering with tears. The snow across you could melt at the warmth he radiated.

“Hey…” you whispered and softly elbowed him.

He snapped back to reality and gave you a quick glance, fighting his tears.

You lowered your mug on the other side and pressed your cheek on bended knees to watch him. “What’s wrong?”

“I realized I made a mistake in telling you that I like you…” he said while looking at the snowy yard.

“W-Wae?” you choked.

“Coz I broke the rules of friendship. We're friends! And that's all we'll ever be… Right?” he blew out an air, holding in his emotions, his chest about to explode.

“Hey…” you poked his cheek, he looked at you. “I need you to be honest with me, okay?” he nodded. “Do you think I’m pretty?”

“No…” he whispered, your face fell.

“Oh!” your lips curled downwards. “Do you like me?”

“I dunno…” he shrugged, your chest gradually swelled.

Despite the growing pain, you still chose to continue. “Do you want to be with me forever?”

“No…” your world came crashing down. All this time you thought Luhan had feelings for you. He even confessed on your birthday. How on Earth could someone forget about it just like that? Did he just play with you? Was it a mistake then? ‘No! This can’t be!’ you clenched your fist as your hands trembled.

Just like him, you fought the b tears in your eyes to drop. Yet there’s one last question you had to ask, and however hurtful his answer would be, you took the courage to do so.

“Are you gonna cry if I walk away?”

He paused. You saw him pressing his lips together after dropping his head. The way he closed his eyes and took a deep breath was the most heartbreaking sight a girl could ever see.

“No…”

Your eyes completely shut. Your heart sunk into the deepest pit of your stomach; it might’ve even sunk down straight to hell.

You heard too much. You needed to leave. After blowing out an air, you pulled yourself up and leave.

But as you walk away, Luhan grabbed your arm. “Stay, Sehee…” he stood and walked in front of you. Your eyes were already damp in tears. He raised his hands to your face and wiped them with his thumb. “You're not pretty...” he shook his head. “You're beautiful!”

You blinked and he pulled you closer to him. With just an inch away, he stared deeper into you. “I don't like you... I love you!” he breathed. “You didn’t have to doubt that! I’m a man of my word, and I intend to keep it.”

The blanket dropped when you clutched onto his hips.

“I don't wanna be with you forever... I NEED to be with you forever!” he emphasized the word and at this point in time, the butterflies in your stomach, soared, lifting your spirit and heart back to where it belongs. “Hwang Sehee… I will not cry if you leave…” he then pressed his forehead on yours and closed his eyes. “I will die!”

“But I don’t wanna see you die…” you hugged him. “I need you as much as you need me!” you panicked in his arms when you thought he no longer have feelings for you. “I love you too, Luhan! I love you sooooo so much!”

Luhan suddenly lifted you and spun around. “I love you too, Sehee! WOOHOOO!!!”

Before you know it, you both fell on the snow with him on top of you. “! LuLu, it’s cold!” you shivered.

He flipped you over making you lay on top of him. “What about now?” he grinned.

You raised your head while placing both hands on his chest. “You do realize that my brother will get you for this, right?” then you heard loud stomps running down the stairs. “See?”

“Tch! Not even a problem!” he flicked his fingers and the main door slammed before Sehun could even get out. “You were saying?” he suddenly reached out to your neck and pulled you down. “I want my kiss… NOW!” he demanded.

“No way!” you moved your head from side to side. “Yah! I just said I love you but that doesn’t give you the right to harass me!”

“HYUNG!!!” Sehun popped his head out of the window pane. “Don’t try anything stupid or you will see the worst of me!”

“You heard that right?” you surrendered when he pressed your head on the crook of his neck.

“Of course!” he chuckled and remained still, keeping you warm in his clutch. “Aaahhhh~ I really thought you like Suho than me.”

“FYI! I like him more…” you snickered.

“MWOH???” he looked down to you.

“It’s true!” you looked up to him. “But I’m crazy in love with you… There’s a huge difference with that!” he sighed.

“HYUUNNGGG!!! Open the damn door or I will break it!” Sehun kept yelling alien curses after.

“SHUT THE UP, SEHUN!!!” Luhan snorted.

“Yah! Don’t talk like that to my brother!” you slapped his chest.

“Miahn…”