Stay Together

Two Moons

 

Tao landed like a cat by the porch followed by Kai. He slowly lowered Seri and securely pulled her into the house. “Tao… What’s going on?” she asked after stopping at the bottom of the stairs. Her eyes were a mix of fear and curiosity. Knowing how easily she gets scared, he remained calm and composed as always.

“I’ll explain later. Don’t worry, okay?” he smiled, she nodded.

Seri however could already sense the danger when Kai emerged. He closed the door and started pacing in front of them. Anxiousness kicked in, not out of fear but doubt. A Mato warrior just showed up again and he knows for a fact that by now, he already knew the girl’s existence.

Tao pulled Seri and pressed the side of her head on his chest as they watch him. “Kai! Calm down…” he stopped and looked at each other. “You’re making Seri nervous!” he mouthed.

Kai’s attention went to Seri who clutched onto the back of Tao with both hands. “Oh! Miahn…” he murmured.

Then came Luhan followed by DO, Baekhyun, and Chen. You ran to the door after he lowered you on the porch.

“Seri-ah!” you called.

She instantly pulled away from Tao and lunge to you for a hug. “Unnie!”

“Are you okay?” you held her face as she held onto your hips and she nodded. “Do you feel any pain in your chest? Can you breathe just fine?” you asked frantically thinking about her asthma.

“I’m okay…” her lips curled.

“Are you guys okay?” you looked at Tao and Kai, they nodded.

“Unnie, what’s going on?” she looked up to you.

You pulled away from her and pulled her up to the stairs. “I’ll just talk to her…” you told them.

“We’ll be here if you need anything.” Luhan said.

“Okay…” you replied.

With all the anxiety and confusion your sister is enduring, you asked her to take a shower first and change into a much comfortable clothing. You also followed her after she finished.

“Now tell me, unnie…” she said as you both sat crossed leg on the bed with Ace in your lap.

“Okay… I’ll skip the part about Exo since you already know everything about them.” she nodded. “Do you remember that time when Kris and I fought? Where I walked out and went to the bakeshop and then you followed me?”

“Then Kai immediately showed up and dragged us home?” she added.

“Right!” you retorted. “That’s because an enemy of them accidentally came to our planet in search for them coz they know that wherever Exo is, they will also find…us.”

“I assume the enemy is an alien?” she asked, you nodded. “Ahhh… But wait! Why would that enemy look for us?”

That’s when you laced your hands together. “To get rid of us… Including Sehun…” her eyes widened. “As long as we carry dad’s blood and we're alive, they can’t take over Planet Exo.” she gulped. “That’s why Exo came here to protect us. To make sure the Mato’s won’t succeed.”

“U-Unnie… Please tell me you’re joking. This isn’t real!” she blinked a couple of times and her eyes moved from side to side as she looked down. Seri is in a state of shock already, and extreme fear for her life and everyone around her is another thing. “This can’t be happening! No!” she worried.

“Hey… Sis! Calm down…” you released her hands and cupped her face. “Deep breaths!” she followed. “Now look at me!” you met her gaze this time. “Nothing will happen to you or to anyone else. You hear me? I want you to trust me, your oppa, Tao, and everybody!”

“I’m scared!” her lips trembled.

“I know, sis! And it’s perfectly normal…” you said. “But as long as you have us, nothing will happen to you! I promise you that!” you hugged her. “We will always be together! I swear!”

“U-Unnie…” she muttered.

“Ssshhhh…” you her hair. “You don’t have to worry about anything, okay?” she nodded.

----------

“Where are my sisters?” Sehun came running through the door asking Luhan.

“Upstairs…” before he can even finish talking, Sehun run up to your room.

There he saw you hugging Ace while laying on your side and watching Seri sleep. “Noona…” he softly spoke.

Upon hearing your brother’s voice, you instantly rose and ran up to him. You wrapped one arm around his back and another carrying Ace. “Did anything happen? Was anyone of you hurt?”

“No. We’re all okay.” he blew out an air while resting his chin on your shoulder. “How’s Seri?” he looked at her.

“I told her everything…” he pulled away and you fixed his fringe. “Don’t worry… She was a bit shaken but she’s okay now…”

“And you?” he asked.

“I’m okay! Tch!” you lied since you know from the pits of stomach that you’re not. Just like Kai, knowing that you’ve been visited by their arch enemy again poses great threat to all of you. They maybe powerful and have known to evade death from numerous battles but they are mortals just like you and also vulnerable like you.

What’s worse is having your brother and sister to share that threat with. There's nothing like the glue of family relationships, however dysfunctional. Even though you bicker a lot, fight like cats and dogs, no one knows you but each other.

‘I can’t lose neither of my siblings. I’d rather die than having them hurt or not be with me.’ You reached out again to him and circled an arm around his neck. “Promise me that you’ll never leave us! That we’ll always be together!”

Hearing your words was like vials of strength for Sehun. Knowing how you rely on him gave him the boost he needed when he knew how much danger you and Seri are in. He didn’t mind the weight and responsibility he have in his shoulders when all his life, he had no one to live for until he saw his sisters.

“Noona… I came here not because father wanted me, but because it is my obligation as a brother and as a man of this family. I will do everything for you and Seri, and I promise that we will never be apart!” he squeezed you tighter.

“Saranghae Sehun-ah!” you rubbed his back.

“Saranghae noona!” he grinned and snatched Ace whom he hurled on the bed after. “I can’t hug you properly! Aish!” he giggled in your shoulder.

“Yah! How can you do that to my baby!” you pushed him and grabbed the fluffy alpaca. “Go take a shower and sleep. It’s late now!” you then kicked his leg.

“Fine!” he scoffed and left.