Threat

Two Moons

 

Lay leaped over the remaining flight of stairs and sprinted straight to the living room. “Duizhang! A Mato Warrior is here!”

Not just Kris stood in shock but the rest of Exo. They all circled Lay in an instant, even Sehun suddenly appeared in front of him. “What do you mean, here?” he shook his arms.

“One of them is heading straight towards us!” he told them.

“Are you sure about this?” Baekhyun doubted with both hands on his hips.

“Just so you know, Lay has the ability to sense Mato’s presence from miles away! That’s what gave us the advantage over you back in our planet.” Xiumin blurted.

“Kai! Go see the girls first! Make sure they’re safe and we’ll follow you there!” Suho ordered.

“You betcha!” and without thinking twice, Kai teleported in front of the bakeshop. The chimes rung as he pushed the door and walked in. “Sehee? Seri? Where are you?”

“Back here!” you yelled.

Kai heaved a sigh. ‘Thank God my girls are fine!’ Upon entering the kitchen, he saw you and Seri on the table forming shapes with a dough. “We need to go! NOW!!!”

“Wae?” you asked.

“Enough questions! Clean up coz we’re leaving!” he sneered.

“Okay! Calm down bro!” you stood and Seri followed.

Back home, the rest of Exo were just about to leave. “LET’S GO!!!” Suho snapped.

With that, they all scrambled out. Only a few twinkling stars and a bright full moon guided their path. Humans were deep in slumber giving Exo the opportunity to go all out should a battle go off. They jumped over houses towards the bakeshop with killer eyes squinting forward. The night air hung with smoky scents from chimneys while cold breeze slam their faces. Luhan’s mind was only left with you and Seri in it. He knew that one day, a Warrior will find you but not too soon. ‘God forbid, if anything happens to them, I will hunt all of Matos and kill them all!’ he clenched his fist.

Upon smelling the sweet aroma of mooncakes. Kris glanced at Lay who in turn shook his head. “He’s not here!”

“Good!” he replied and faced Exo-K still mid-air. “Suho! Take the girls home! We’ll go hunt the er down!”

“Kill him if you have to!” Suho nodded as his team landed in front of the bakeshop and watched Exo-M disappear in the darkness.

Just as they were about to get in, Kai came out with you and Seri in tow.

“What’s the rush? I’m not yet done baking!” you staggered behind him.

Suho then swiftly but carefully took your wrist. “You can continue that tomorrow. Let’s go home!” he pulled you.

“Hyung is right, noona! I can even do it for you!” Sehun patted your head.

Before you can even protest, you felt being dragged away.

Kai also pulled Seri closer to him with a firm grip.

“Kai! Stop! Slow down!” she jogged behind him.

“Try to keep up, Seri! Or I’ll be forced to carry you!” he warned.

“Ehh?” she gawked. “OMG, did something happen? Omo! Omo!” she panicked. “Is Jaewook out to get me? Oh no! I knew it!”

 “Stop it, Seri! No one’s coming to get you. I won’t let that happen!” Kai said without batting an eyelash.

‘Uwaaaa~ Kai is so cool and y just like that!’ she then shook her head. ‘How can you think of that, Seri? Aish!’ she scrunched her face.

“Seri-ah, now is not that the time to play!” Sehun yelled. “Just follow whatever Kai says!” he ordered.

“Neh…” she pouted.

That’s when you noticed how alert and keen Exo-K have become. They scattered around while maintaining a 10 meter radius apart from each other. DO and Chanyeol were at the rear. Sehun and Baekhyun were upfront. Suho and Kai who held onto you and Seri, stayed in the center.

Their senses were up and you couldn’t help but notice it. Red slitting eyes kept moving around. They flinch at the slightest sound. Even random sniffs escape their noses. But what caught your attention the most ,was how they overflowed with a protective aura. You finally saw how they are as deadly fighters from a different planet.

“Suho, what’s wrong?” you gripped his fingers.

He glanced at you with a calm smile off his face. “We’ll tell you later. I promise! Just try to keep up for now! Okay?”

“’Kay…” you whispered.