Humans 101

Two Moons

You and Seri were having breakfast when Sehun came down with eyes still closed. “Noona... Seri-ah... Why do you wake up so early?” he yawned.

“Coz I have work and little sister has to go to school!” you said and he dropped on a chair beside you.

“School? Work?” he croaked.

“Oppa! Wake up!” Seri slapped his cheek. “You need to help unnie later at the bakeshop.”

“OW!!! Seri-ah!!!” he snapped and rubbed the spot. “Bakeshop? What are you guys talking about?” he then grabbed a bacon from your plate. “Mmmm! This is good!”

You handed him a plate with strips of bacon and toast. “Aigooo~ Seems like there are lot of things we need to teach you.” you ruffled his bed hair. “Well… School is where we humans learn. Work is where humans go to earn money so we can buy food, clothes, etc.” he ate slowly while listening intently. “The bakeshop is where I work which I also owned.”

“Aahhh... Cool! I’d be happy to go to school and work then!” he smiled.

“Errmmm… I don’t think school is for you baby brother but work is okay with me!” you raised a thumb.

“What about me? I wanna learn stuff too…” DO interrupted and sat across you.

“Ehh?” you were taken aback. “I-I guess, you can work for me too.” you stuttered.

Sehun swallowed and placed an arm on your shoulder. “You see noona... DO hyung is fascinated at how Earthlings are able to go about their lives without powers. Whenever he finds himself in close proximity to them, he has a hard time containing his enthusiasm. Even when we’re still in EXO, he kept researching about Earth.”

DO eagerly nodded with cheeks full of food. “Neh! That’s true! In fact, aside from your brother, I was the only one who looked forward going here.”

“Don’t worry DO oppa! I will teach you everything!” Seri raised her hand in front of him and he just stared at it.

Seri leaned closer and grabbed his hand. “You’re supposed to slap your palm on mine. Like so!” she showed him. “We call it a high five!”

“Uwaaaa~ So cool!” his eyes widened.

Seri transferred beside him and started to teach him the basics of human culture. They happily talked while you and Sehun continued eating when Kai came down. He suddenly stopped upon seeing Seri’s eyes twinkling while talking to DO. She smiled brightly and her face glowed right before his eyes. ‘Seri?’ he placed a palm in his raging chest. ‘I’ve never felt like this before! Not even during a battle…’

But with all the fuzziness he’s feeling, a twinge of jealousy towards DO struck the pits of his stomach. His eyes formed into slits and stomped down the stairs. He pushed Seri aside and sat in between them.

“Dude! What the hell?” DO opened up his palms.

“This is my spot!” he shrugged.

“Someone’s a territorial jerk!” Seri scoffed and stood. “DO oppa, let’s continue later while walking to school!”

“Swweeeeet!!!” he clapped his hands.

“School? What's that?” Kai asked you.

Before you can answer him, Seri looked back upon reaching the stairs. “An idiot like you won’t understand anyway so spare my sister from the misery of explaining!” she ran up while DO snorted.

“Hyung!” he hissed.

DO ignored him and ate while you shook your head. ‘Aigooo~ I think I’ll be raising a cat and a dog in this house.’ you then placed a hand on Sehun’s shoulder. “Sehun-ah, go get changed coz we’re leaving in a bit… Also you DO!” you nodded to him.

“Neh!” they stood and left.

“What about me?” Kai slowly chewed.

“You and the rest of the guys should stay here first. The neighbors might be stunned to see all of you tailing me and Seri around.”

“Fine!” he dropped his head.

You stood and reached your hand to his head. “Bear with it for a while, okay?”

“Neh~” he smiled. “You’re really nice, Sehee! Thank you!”

“Don’t mention it…” you turned to the sink.

You just finished washing the dishes and wiped your hands when Seri came with DO and Sehun behind. “Unnie, let’s go!” she went straight to the door.

“Kai, I’ll be back during lunch. Just tell your hyungs that I have to do some human stuff.” you said and he nodded.

Sehun and DO skipped right passed you and couldn’t help but squirm at their flashy silver and black getup. ‘I think we’ll have to do some shopping later.’ you sighed.

The four of you strolled down the street. Seri linked an arm around DO while pointing out at random objects, you also doing the same with Sehun from behind.

“You humans tend to be touchy huh?” he pointed your arms.

“It’s called affection my dear brother.” you said.

“So does that mean I can do it to anyone?” he asked.

“Definitely not! I am only doing this coz you’re my brother. Seri is doing that to DO coz she’s comfortable with him.” he scratched his nape, wondering. “It’s a bit complicated but you’ll know along the way.” you chuckled.

“Yeah, I guess so…” he then kissed your head. “Is it okay if I do that?”

“Of course! It’s another way of showing it as well. But then again, there are certain levels to it.” you laughed when he rolled his eyes. “There’s a big difference between a brother and a sister... and a couple... so you have to be very careful.”

“Ahhh! Got it!” he nodded and blew out an air. “You know what, noona?” you looked up to him. “I’m really happy to be here! I could’ve died from loneliness in our planet. We just fought in battles not even knowing when the war will stop. My hyungs are always there but I’m empty.”

Sehun’s face noticeably dropped. He's that charming and sweet kid but knowing that he risked his life for countless of times flipped your insides. You would’ve never met him if he died during a fight. You would’ve never known a handsome brother.

“It’s not gonna happen, Sehun! Noona’s here! Seri’s here! No one can tear us apart, okay?” you released his hand and hugged him.

“Yes noona...” he rested his chin on your shoulder. ‘No one can take you or Seri away from me. Not now! Not ever!’

Seri turned to you both upon reaching the same intersection. “Aish! Is Sehun oppa a softie too?” she scowled.

“He’s not! He’s just happy to have you both!” DO said.

“Awww~” she then ran back to you and hugged Sehun as well. “Oppa! Saranghae!”

“Stop that, Seri! You’ll just make me cry!” he warned.

You then stretched your arms out and squeezed them in your arms. “Yah! This will be the last time we’re doing this, araseo? It’s totally embarrassing…” you chuckled.

“I second that!” Seri snorted and pulled away. “I have to go! I’ll be late for school!”

“Oh right! Bye sis!” you patted her shoulder.

“Bye Seri! Take care!” Sehun messed her bangs.

“OPPA!!!” she hissed and he just stuck his tongue out to her.

She passed DO and he also waved to her. “Komawo Seri-ah! I’ll see you later!”

“Neh! Have a fun day, oppa!” she waved back and skipped to a different direction.