Making A Choice

Two Moons

“Unnie!” Seri jumped out of the couch after you walked through the door.

Luhan followed her with the rest of the boys behind him. “Are you okay?” he cupped your face.

“Neehhh…” you forced a smile while looking at him rather worried.

“Wae? Did something happen?” you bit your lip. “Yah! I know that look, Hwang Sehee! What happened?”

Sehun also appeared beside him and started shaking your arm. “Noona! Wae?” he panicked.

“Ermmm… I need to ask something from you guys and I want each of you to be understanding about it.” you glanced to each of them.

“Does it have something to do with BAP’s leader?” Luhan asked.

“Yes!” Lay hissed. “He’s here!”

Their eyes instantly turned deadly with fists clenching on the sides except for Luhan. “Then I’m sorry babe, I can’t!” he shook his head.

“Same with me…” Sehun blurted and the rest of them also agreed.

You stepped back and raised your arms in frustration. “Guys… Please! I beg you…” you blew out a deep breath. “This will be the last time I’m gonna ask a favor from you. Can’t you do it for me? Please?”

Seri had to step forward and faced them. “Oppa… Whatever it is that unnie is asking, I’m pretty sure it’s for the good of everybody.” she told Luhan. “Let’s do this for her. Please?”

Luhan dropped his shoulders and surrendered. “Fine… But I can’t speak for them.” he nodded towards his friends.

“Whatever…” Kris scoffed.

“It’s okay with me then…” Suho added.

“What is it?” Sehun asked.

You stepped further back and grabbed Yongguk’s wrist as he waited by the porch. After stepping into the house, everything turned hostile. You and Seri stood in between two territories, ready to drop bombs at each other.

“Bang! Please…” you sneered, he loosened up.

“Luhan?” your gentle eyes instantly calmed him while Exo slowly lowered their guards yet still cautious.

You on the other hand had been very anxious ever since Yongguk told you about his plan. It brought a mix of emotions that were hardly explainable. Your nervousness hit through the roof: sweaty palms, shaking knees, face almost paling, but you mustered the strength to not let it show.

But with all these intense emotions, there's only one thing you are sure... to make the hardest decision of your life.

“Unnie… Gwenchana?” Seri held your hand.

“Nehhh…” your lips curled and gripped her fingers. You closed your eyes and took the deepest breath you ever had. ‘Mom… I need you right now! Please give me strength…’

“Sehee… You don’t have to do this…” Yongguk placed a hand on your shoulder.

Being the most impatient, Kai suddenly snapped. “What the is going on? Tell us, damn it!”

“Kai… Relax…” Suho patted his arm.

Then your eyes opened. “I’m going to surrender…” you closed your eyes again coz you knew all hell will break loose. Words came out from different directions but none of them made sense to you. It’s like a broken record playing over and over that your ears grew numb. Your brain refused to work when all you can see is darkness.

“U-Unnie? Why would you do that? You're not even at fault!” Seri shook you.

"I'm sorry sis! It's the only way we can avoid further bloodshed. I don't want anyone getting hurt, not a single life..." you choked.

“This is a joke right? A prank maybe?” Baekhyun smirked.

“Sehee-ah! Do you even know what you’re talking about?” Chen questioned.

With all the commotion surrounding you, you stood your ground, eyes shut, holding on to your sister’s hand.

The next thing you know, Luhan suddenly grabbed Yongguk’s collar. What was once an angelic face turned deadly and vicious. “What the did you tell her? Huh? Is this all part of your plan? To get her trust, befriend her again, then kill her?” he gritted his teeth. “I’m telling you right now that whatever it is you have in that puny little brain of yours! IT. WILL. NOT. HAPPEN!!!” he growled.

As much as he wants to retaliate and fight, Yongguk was left helpless. Being a leader to 5 other boys who depended on him and a best friend to a girl who needed him, was far too much of a burden. Yet he chose to be strong for you and Seri. 

“Luhan… Stop…” you grabbed his wrist. “Let him go… I was the one who made the decision.” you murmured.

“What?” he shifted to you with eyebrows furrowed.

Your chest was about to explode. Your knees were about to give up. You had to cling onto someone, for support, for a shoulder to cry on, just someone to be there.

Without a word, you slowly s your arms around him and placed your chin on his shoulder. Your eyes maybe shut but the boys who were just behind him saw the pain written all over your face. DO sat down on the stairs and covered his face, Tao went to Seri and hugged her, while the rest of them remained still.

“My father knows already that I found Sehee and Seri.” Yongguk said.

Seri suddenly covered her ears and sunk her face in Tao’s chest. “Andwae!!! Eotteokke!!! Noooo!” she frantically shook her head.

“Hey… Seri-ah… Calm down…” Tao hugged her tighter. “I’m here! Don’t worry!”

Yongguk continued. “It’s just a matter of time that he’s gonna launch an all out war. We gotta stop him before that happens...”

Being the tactical expert, Xiumin stepped up. “What is it?

“Sehee is coming with me to convince my father that Seri is already dead.” he said. “In that way, she doesn’t have to leave Earth.”

“Dude! Are you even sure if Sehee can survive in your planet?” Xiumin scowled.

“Yes! She has her father’s blood running in her veins and it’s more than enough to make her breathe our air.” Yongguk explained.

“Let’s say your father believes her, what’s next?”

“That’s where you come in. I will give you the time you need to assassinate him.”

Their jaw dropped and you gripped onto Luhan’s shirt. It was painful. It burned every nerve in your body. It flipped your world upside down.

Having a son surrender his own father is beyond unbearable. You greatly opposed the idea but when he said that there’s no other way, all you could you do is pretend you haven’t even heard it.

“This war will never stop as long as he's alive. I'm sick and tired of this and I'm pretty sure all of you as well!" he gulped. "My father will not stop unless he sees their graves.” Yongguk glanced at you and Seri while clenching his fist. “I can’t let that happen!”

“Are you really willing to do this?” Xiumin contunued.

“Dude! If you’re in my position, how would you deal with the only bane of your existence?” he asked. “What would you do if your own father will kill those people you love the most? What would you do if your own father is too greedy for power that he never gives a to whoever comes in his way, not even his own son?”

Xiumin straightened up. “When are we leaving?”

“That’s the thing… Not all of you can go…” Yongguk looked at them.

“Why not?” Chanyeol blurted.

“Cause I said so…” you slowly pulled away from Luhan and stepped back to Yongguk’s side.

“Babe?” Luhan’s eyes widened.

You glued your eyes on the floor coz you knew looking at them will weaken you. “This is dangerous and I don’t want any of you to be part of it as much as possible.”

“Noona~” Sehun called.

Suho left his spot and held your shoulders. “Do you even know what you’re talking about? Huh? he shook you. “Yah! Sehee! Do you think we’re gonna let you go just like that?”

“No… But I’m still hoping you’ll respect my decision…” you kept your head down.

“How many can go?” Lay asked Yongguk.

“The most is… two!” he replied.

Their faces fell since the chances of them going with you were slim. They all wanted to go. It is what they came for. To protect you, to keep you safe, to keep you alive for as long as they can. They kept a promise which turned out to be broken in the end.

Suho pinched your chin and raised it. “We will respect your decision no matter what.”

“Thanks…” you muttered.