A Leader's Confession

Two Moons

 

The wind rushed through your hair and into your eyes. Gripping onto Kris' jacket, you decided to press your forehead on his chest with eyes closed, to avoid the dizzying sight below. Twinkling buildings, street lights flickering, smoke from chimneys, all these took a while to take in. The cold wind battled to enter the pores in your skin making you shiver and panic.

“Relax Sehee! I got you…” Kris whispered. He had his arms around your back while he soared through the skies of dawn.

“I don’t think this is the best time to talk, Kris!” you refused to look at him. “So it’s either we go back home or land some place safe!” you blew out an air.

“I thought you’re the adrenaline junkie?” he chuckled.

Your head instantly shot up to him and delivered a death glare. “Do you think this is funny?” you snapped and his face fell. “In what part of “no using of powers” do you not understand? And do you even know the word 'warning'? Any normal human would appreciate to be warned before being dragged up in the sky!” you hissed. “I swear to God, Kris! Put me down!”

“Miahnae…” he loosened his grip and you suddenly felt your feet touching a cement floor. When you opened your eyes and looked around, you saw tall buildings adjacent to your spot, and the idea of standing on a helipad sunk in.

“Great!” you raised both arms in frustration. “You could at least land in a decent spot, y’know?” you rolled your eyes. “Do you really have to make things hard? Ugh!” you started pacing around trying to find a way out.

Kris ran in front of you and grabbed your shoulders. “Calm the down, Sehee!” he hissed. “Why are you so mad? I just wanted to talk to you!!!” he retaliated.

Anger and aggravation shook both of you and neither is thinking straight.

“Dude! If you want to talk to me, then just do it. You don’t have to show off and scare the daylights out of people!” you pushed him aside and walked towards a staircase after spotting it.

He swiftly grabbed your wrist and yanked you back. Before your face could crash into his chest, he managed to hold the back of your neck with both hands. “I love you, Sehee…” he said and your face contorted in confusion and astonishment. “I’m sorry I yelled at you. I’m sorry I made you feel bad. I’m sorry…” he closed his eyes and leaned his forehead on yours. “When I saw Himchan, I knew right away that I can’t let you out of my sight. No one can harm you, Sehee! I ing swear!”

His warm breath fanning your lips and shaking hands on your nape, drove your mind into distraction. It was the first time your ears heard such a confession. Not even from Shin whom you knew had feelings for you when Seri told you about it. “K-Kris?” you blinked while looking at his peaceful face.

“I’m sorry for dragging you here. I just didn’t want anybody to hear or know about it, not because I’m ashamed of it but because I don’t want to jeopardize our mission with my feelings for you.” he then opened his eyes and hugged you tightly. “I’m not asking you to love me back, just be my star that I love to look at each night, a star that I can’t reach but I refuse to let go...” he pressed his cheek on your head. ‘…and maybe, that star would someday fall for me.’ he thought.

During all those time, your hands were anchored on your sides while you stood awkwardly frozen. It was only when you felt his raging chest calmed down that you softened and s your arms on his back. “Kris, I appreciate you having the courage to tell me and I’m truly honored.” you pulled away and cupped his face. “But I’m not the girl for you. I don’t have any special ability. People say I’m strong but I’m weak just like anybody else.” you then forced a smile. “I have nothing to give you. I might even fail at repaying the kind of love you give.”

“Hey…” Kris gently clutched your hips. “Didn’t I tell you that you don’t have to love me back? Just stay beside me. Don’t leave my sight. If you have to report everything that you do, even better. It drives me crazy every time you go somewhere without me knowing. I’ll be your silent lurker and guardian angel from now on.”

“Creepy… but okay!” you looked down and laughed.

“I’m serious!”

“I can’t help it! It’s too funny!” you snorted.

Kris then pinched your chin and raised it. “Nothing changed, right? We’re still friends?”

“Well… Kinda awkward but I’ll get used to it!” you eyesmiled. “It’s just like having another Shin in my life.”

“MWOH???” he pushed his head back, still keeping his hands on your waist. “SHIREO!!!”

“What do you mean you don’t want to?” you poked his forehead. “Yah! It’s not like you’re the only person who has the right to do so. Newsflash Big Bird! Shin was the first and he will have a special place in my heart!” you stuck your tongue out to him.

“Did he confess to you like I did? Huh? Did he? Did he?” he mocked.

“Well… He did to Seri, and my sister told me, so technically he did!” you then tiptoed and hugged him. “Seriously Kris, nothing changed. It even made me more comfortable around you.”

He heaved the biggest sigh of relief and rubbed your back. “That’s good to know… It even feels better now that I told you everything. Komawo Sehee-ah!”

“You’re welcome!” you pulled away. “Now can we go home? I’m about to pass out already…” you yawned.

“Sure! But I think flying back would be faster!” he grinned while scratching his nape.

You cocked your head to the side with a raised eyebrow. “Fine! But this will be the last time, ARA!!!”

“Yes ma’am!” he saluted and scooped you off bridal style.

“Woah! What the…”

“Relax! Just sleep already… Don’t worry my love!” he snorted.

“Blech!” you squirmed and scooted to his chest while clinging onto his jacket.