Mutants

Two Moons

Sehun joined you and Seri on the table. His eyes moved around the interiors with mouth shaped like an ‘O’.

“Sehun-ah! Seri can give you a trip later. Come and eat first!” you called.

He slowly sat and you handed him a huge bowl of fried rice.

“Wooooo~” he took it and dumped the entire contents on his plate.

“Oppa, can you finish all of those?” Seri asked.

“Of course! It looks yummy…” he his lips. “Komawo noona! I’ll eat a lot!”

You on the other hand started to look behind him. “Where are the others?”

Sehun raised his head to you with cheeks bulging from all the food he chewed. “They went back to our planet…” he spoke.

“No we didn’t!” Suho barged into the door followed by the rest of EXO. You all turned and saw them walking towards the table. In seconds, the dining room suddenly became cramped.

“Hyung? I thought you left already?” he looked up to his leader.

“Obviously we didn’t! Do you really think we’re gonna leave our maknae alone by himself. You should know better, bro!” he patted his shoulder.

“Thanks hyung!” he then smiled to the others. “Thanks guys!”

“You’re welcome, Sehun!” Kris tapped his arm. “We’re in this together, right?” he nodded.

Chanyeol and DO instantly shot a hungry stare at Sehun’s plate who securely covered it. Kai on the other hand, sat beside him and crossed his arms. “Aren’t you gonna let us eat?” he demanded.

Baekhyun smacked his head. “Sorry! He’s just hungry…”

“It’s okay!” you smiled and stood. “Sehun-ah, there are extra tables and chairs in the attic. Can you please go get it and pile it here so your hyungs can sit?”

“Neh!” he stood with his plate but Luhan stopped him.

“Lemme do it!” he then raised his index finger. You just turned to the counter when you heard rumblings from above and saw a stack of furniture floating down the stairs.

“Holy !” Seri gawked as her eyes grew big watching Luhan control the objects. “Uwaaaa~ You have telekinesis?”

“Mhmmm!” he bragged and they took their spots after he arranged the furniture. Sehun transferred beside his sister still carrying his plate while the rest of them gathered around.

“That is so cool!” she clapped her hand. “Sehun oppa, can you do that too?” she asked.

“Nope! But I have this!” he opened a palm and a mini tornado formed on it.

Her face lit up and started playing with it. “Unnie! I think I know why we like anything about the wind!” she giggled.

You turned while opening some ramen packs and saw her poking the cyclone. ‘That explains why… He’s our brother alright!’ you went back to the oven and before you can turn it on, Chanyeol flicked his fingers and the fire went on. “Ehh?” you turned and he waved at you with a grin.

“Are you guys some kind of mutants? Superheroes perhaps?” you wondered.

Suho saw your confused face so he walked up to you. “If that’s what you call people with special abilities, then yes, but we’re definitely not aliens.”

“Oh, okay!” you beamed and started cooking. Suho leaned against the counter to watch you while the boys were busy showing Seri their abilities. Being the comics enthusiast, she finds it entertaining than scary unlike a normal human would.

You turned to the cupboard and took 12 bowls and chopsticks. “Can you help me with these, please?” you asked Suho.

“Sure!” he obliged.

Suho went back to the table with the utensils while you went to the oven. You grabbed the pot and forgot that it was still scorching hot. “AAHHHH!!!”.

“UNNIIEEE!!!” Seri quickly ran to you. “Oh My God! Eotteoke!” she turned to Sehun. “Oppa! Sehee unnie is hurt!”

“What?” he ran up to you and held your palm out. “Aish! Careless noona!”

Kris then nodded to Lay. With a twirl of his fingers, the pain immediately vanished. Even the reddened skin also disappeared.

“There! Good as new!” Sehun kissed the spot.

“Thanks!” you smiled and turned to Lay. “Kamsahamnida!” you bowed.

“You’re welcome!” his dimples showed.

Sehun then slowly pushed you and Seri to the table. “Go and take a seat. I’ll take this instead!” he easily took the pot and lowered it in the middle of the table. “Let’s eat!” he announced and all hell broke loose.

Whatever manners they had just went out the window. It suddenly became a fight to survive and the weakest might just starve overnight. Sehun ignored them as he still hasn’t finished his plate yet while you and Seri stared at them in shock with chopsticks still in your mouths.

“Aren’t you guys gonna eat?” DO asked.

“No thanks! I’m full…” Seri said.

“Me too…” you added. “Careful it’s hot! Do you like it?” you asked them.

“This is so good! Uwaaaa~” Chen dropped his chopsticks and lifted the bowl in his mouth.

“Can I have another round?” Xiumin burped.

“S-Sure!” you pushed the pot towards him.

Seri turned to you with a worried look. “Can I take back what I said about taking them in? I don’t think we can feed them…”

“It’s all good, Seri. We’ll figure it out, okay?” you rubbed her back and talked to EXO as they ate. “Guys? Seri and I are perfectly okay with you staying here, but I hope you won’t use your powers especially around other people.” they stopped and looked at you. “I just don’t want our neighbors to think that I have adopted supernatural freaks.”

“Mwoh? Freaks?” Kai protested. “I’d rather be called an alien than a freak!”

“Sorry but that’s how it is around here. I hope you guys respect that.” you said.

“We will, Sehee! Don’t worry…” Kris assured you with a warm smile.

“Now that’s settled. Why don’t you introduce yourselves?” you then pointed to the one on the farthest left who was also the most quiet. “Let’s start with you.”

He raised his head and sheepishly bowed. “I’m Tao…”

“He’s the meanie. Pft!” Seri scoffed.

“Seri!” you scolded.

“What? It’s true!” she also pointed the one across her. “Also him!”

“That’s Kai!” Sehun whispered to her.

“I don’t care. I ain’t talking to them!” she stuck her tongue out to him and Kai retaliated in the same manner.

You slapped your forehead and ignored her.

The boys continued telling their names one by one. Given there are 12 boys around, it’s gonna take a while to remember them all. ‘Umma, please tell me I made the right decision... I did, right?’ you blew out an air.

“Noona! Gwenchana?” Sehun placed a hand on your back.

“Mhmmm!” you forced a smile. “By the way, there are 3 rooms upstairs. Seri will share a room with me and you guys can divide into two and share the other rooms.”

“Unnie…” she pouted.

“Sis, It would be hard to have all of them in one room.” you tuck strands of hair behind her ear. “Besides, I’m having nightmares a lot lately, so I could really use having you beside me.”

“Okay…” she murmured.

“Now go and show the boys their rooms.” you said. “Then, get ready to sleep. It’s late already.”

"Nightmares? About what?" DO wondered.

"About some bozo chasing and hunting me. Weird right?" you laughed.

EXO looked at each other with mortified expressions. 'Mato???' Luhan mouthed to Lay, and he shook his head. 'I hope not!'

Seri suddenly stood and scrunched her face to the boys. “What are you waiting for? Let’s go!”

“Aigooo~ Forgive my sister, she gets grumpy when tired.” you chuckled.

“Yeah right!” she then kissed your head. “Good night, unnie! Come up once you’re done here, okay?”

“Neh! G’night!” you slapped her arm. “Good night, Sehun! Good night, mutants!” you waved.

Half of them were not amused with the name you gave them while the others bowed.

Sehun hugged you. “Good night, noona! Thanks again!” he stood and followed Seri.

Suho could not comprehend the emotions he is feeling while watching you. Ever since he stepped into the house, he never let you out of his sight. You have a compassionate and sweet aura that draws you closer to him. He now has that need to protect you with or without the mission. ‘I’ll make life easier for you, Sehee! You deserve it that much!’