Another Confession

Two Moons

 

While hugging Ace and the flowers, all of you paraded down the street. All the events that took place earlier played over again and warm feelings brewed up in your stomach. You moved away from Luhan’s side and squeezed in between Baekhyun and Xiumin. “Yah…” you elbowed them. “What you did earlier was really romantic. Thanks!”

“You’re welcome!” Xiumin smiled.

“Anything for you, Sehee!” Baekhyun added. “Do you want us to do it again?” he asked.

“Can you?” you bit your lip.

“Tch! Of course, just say the magic word.” he replied.

“Please…” you said.

With that, everything stopped moving. The water dome reappeared above your heads, the light posts came on one by one, and it snowed once again.

“This is truly spectacular!” you mused.

“I can tell!” Xiumin pointed at your sister.

“Weeeee~” Seri skipped ahead with arms stretch out. But then again she lost her balance and tripped.

Kai teleported just as fast as they gasped. He swiftly grabbed her wrist and yanked her back making her crash on his chest. “I think I’m getting used to this already…” he whispered. “I will never let you fall, Seri! You can lose a step a million times but I will never let you reach the ground…” he breathed.

“T-Thanks, Kai!” she eyesmiled.

“Dude, I think you can let go now… Sehun is about  to kick your already…” Chanyeol said while passing him.

Kai looked away from her tantalizing stare and continued walking.

During all those times that Seri trips and Kai catches her, Tao’s envy gradually developed into jealousy. He chose not to show it and just convinces himself that Seri and Kai are nothing but friends.

But with the kind of attention that Seri gives to Kai, his jealousy is turning into hate: hate that can destroy friendships, hate that can drive him out of his mind.

While the rest of them walked ahead, Tao trailed them with fists trembling on the side. His eyes burned from the heat of his stomach, and he could already feel his heart being squeezed by a cold hand.

“Di? Are you okay?” Lay noticed upon reaching the front yard.

“I’m cool!” he lied while staring at Kai and Seri teasing each other into the house.

“Whatever you say…” the healer spoke and left.

Tao decided to sit by the porch to let some steam off. He was too angry to see any of them, much less Seri or Kai.

He bent his knees and crossed his arms on it, then sunk his head in it. ‘Calm down… Relax…’ he blew out an air. As he closed his eyes, Seri’s warm smile showed up. Her eyes were so bright, and that’s all it took to ease the tension in his nerves. ‘Seri-ah, I can’t take it anymore! Why can’t you look and smile at me like you do to him? Am I nothing to you?’

“Tao?” says a voice.

He knew who it was without even looking. “What?”

“Aren’t you coming in? It’s late already…” Seri asked.

“No… Just leave me here…” he murmured.

Seri sat beside her and leaned her head on his shoulder. “I can’t leave you here. If you won’t go, then I won’t go too…”

‘Oh God! How can she do this to me?’ he pressed his lips together.

“Tao? Is anything wrong? Why aren’t you talking?” she removed icings from his hair.

“Ermmm… Coz I’m sad…” he said still hiding his face.

“Wae yo?” she continued.

“Coz the person I love doesn't love me back…” he choked.

Seri stopped cleaning his hair and held onto his arm. “What can I do to make you feel better?” Tao frantically shook his head. “But why?” she asked.

“Coz I know you can’t help me…” he muttered against his chest.

“Why not?” she persisted.

That’s when Tao raised his head to meet her gaze. “Coz you’re in love with someone else...” his face turned sullen.

Seri blinked a couple of times when she could hardly understand any word he said. All she knows is that her best friend misinterpreted her actions. “Is that what you really think?”

Tao slowly nodded. He is officially at the lowest point in his life and is about to get his heart broken into bits.

“That ! It seems like we're on the same boat, then?” Seri sighed.

“Wae?” he asked.

She bent her knees and also crossed her arms on it while looking at the yard. “You see my Panda Tao… There's this guy that I fell in love with, but he absolutely have no idea whatsoever.” her lips curled. “He's the most amazing and the most adorable person I know. He makes me happy. He brings me joy in my darkest hours.” she smiled.

‘Lucky Kai! Damn it!’ He also looked at the yard with his chin on top of his arms. “Why don't you tell him? He'll be the stupidest person on this planet if he rejects you.” he bitterly chuckled.

“I just told him actually... but he thinks I'm in love with someone else.” Seri snorted.

His power became useless right that moment when time just stopped for him. Everything she said just made his world stopped revolving. He was blinded by his jealousy that he never knew her feelings for him.

“The moment you joined our pendants together…” she clutched her necklace. “I knew I can’t let you go. You became a part of me, Tao…” she looked down on it.

“Seri-ah…” he cupped her face. “You…You’re in love with me?” she nodded with a smile. “Jinjja?”

“I’m in love with you, Tao!” she repeated.

“This is not a prank, right?” he panicked and she shook her head. “You didn’t trip and hit your head somewhere, right?” she rolled her eyes while chuckling. “What about Kai? I thought you love him? The way you stare at him. The way you touch him. I really thought you like him!”

“I also love Kai. No doubt about that!” she also held his face with both hands. “You guys are so special to me and if only I could split my heart into two, I would!” she said. “As you can see, human beings are complicated creatures and they have the will to love anyone they like, how many they like.” he listened while staring to her. “But sometimes, there’s that special someone whom they can’t live without. Whom they can only see themselves getting old with. Whom they are willing to give up their life with…” she breathed. “…and for me, it’s you!”

Tao suddenly hugged her. “Oh my God, Seri! You just don’t know how happy I am.” he squeezed her when tears streamed down his face. “I love you sooooo so much!” he cried.

“I love you to my adorable panda…” she rubbed his back. “Awww~ Stop crying…”

“I can’t… I’m just too happy…” he sobbed.

“Aren’t you scared of your geges? They will tease you for sure if they see you crying.” she laughed.

“I don’t give a .” he sniffled while embracing her. “Mmmmm… I just love you so much, Seri…”

“I love you too…. Aigooo~” she ran her fingers on his hair. “Stop crying or you’ll end up making me cry as well… Yaahhhh~” she choked.

Tao pulled away and blew out an air. “I will…” his jaws quivered when his lips curled. “I love you, okay?” he gasped.

“Okay…” she wiped his tears. ‘Awwww~ He’s so cute… Such a big baby…’ “Can we go in now? It’s getting late and I have classes tomorrow. Besides, we need a shower so bad from that cake fight!”

“Mhmmm!” he took a deep breath and transformed back into his normal self. “You’re the only who can see that side of me. Ara?”

“Yes sir!” she saluted.

Tao pulled her up and escorted her in.