Sisters For Life

Two Moons

 

The day has finally come. Everyone was excited to start the day right. It was a weekend so even Seri looked forward to that special day.

Exo woke up just like they used to. Suho was always the first one to rise from Exo-K but this time, it was their maknae.

Sehun instantly sat up and stretched his arms out with the biggest smile on his face. “Aaahhhh~ It’s my noona’s special day.”

While the rest of his team curled on different sides still half asleep, he jumped out of the bed and ran to his sister’s room.

“NOONA!!! Saengil Chuka….” he stopped after seeing the room empty.

Sehun slowly walked in and scanned the entire room. Sheets and blankets were still unfolded. Windows were unusually wide open.

He refused to believe that his sister’s might have been abducted by their mortal enemy. ‘M-Mato’s??? No way! No ing way!’ he then ran out of the room and leaped through the flight of stairs.

Sehun scoured every part of the house. The living room, kitchen, dining room, the back and front yard, even the attic. Then everything came crashing down. His mind commanded him to calm down but his instincts overpowered him.

“HYUNG!!!” he yelled while storming back to their room. “Suho hyung… Wake up!!!” he jumped on the leader’s bed and shook him. “Wake up! Damn it!”

“W-Wae?” he croaked.

“My sisters…” he choked in fear. “My noona… My dongsaeng…” he panicked. “I can’t find them!” he kept shaking him.

“Wait… M-mwoh?” Suho sat up and rubbed his eyes. “What do you mean you can’t find them?”

“My sisters are missing! Please, get up! Help me find them! Jebal!” he pleaded.

“Sehun-ah, what are you talking about?” Suho’s eyes flashed then Sehun jumped to Chanyeol’s bed. “Hyung! Help me! Sehee noona and Seri are missing!”

With that, everyone was stunned breaking them from slumber. “Calm the down, Sehun! You’re not making any sense!” Baekhyun knocked some sense into him.

“Sehee noona and Seri are not in their room. I already searched the entire house and I couldn’t find them! Eotteoke!!!” he nibbled on his lower lip.

“!!!” Kai jumped out without hesitation and ran to Exo-M, and so did his hyungs.

The door almost flew when Kai ran in. He jumped on Lay’s bed who was smiling in his sleep. “Hyung! Wake up!” he shook him.

“Kai…” Kris slowly rose. “Wae? What’s going on?” he yawned.

“Sehee and Seri are missing. I need to know if a Mato came…” he said. “LAY HYUNG!!! WAKE UP!”

“Are you serious?” Kris crawled towards him.

“Do I look like I’m joking?” Kai glared at him.

The rest of Exo-M woke from all the yelling and being awakened by Exo-K.

“Dude? What is it?” Lay blinked at a blurry image of Kai looking down at him.

“Did you sense any Mato’s last night or this morning?” Kai asked.

“I was asleep so I can’t be sure. Waeyo?” he slowly rose while Kai dropped on the edge of the bed covering his face.

Sehun who kept pacing in front of them told them about what he found out.

“Let’s not jump into conclusions.” Xiumin suggested. “They’re probably at the bakeshop or just went out to buy something.”

With that Kris took over. “Chen! Baek! Yeol! Go check the bakeshop!” he ordered and they left. “DO! You know where Shin lives, right?” he nodded. “Go check it out! Kai and Sehun, go with him!”

“NEH!!!” they replied and left.

“Didi! I need you to stop everything in the mean time. I need to check everything from above.” With a snap of a finger, time froze and Kris jumped out of the window to take flight.

“I can’t stay here and do nothing! I’ll take a look around!” Luhan left as well.

----------

On the other side of the city, two girls walk arm in arm towards a memorial park. Tombstones lined up to welcome them. Dry and fertile ground guided their path. Trees swayed with the cool morning breeze.

Seri hugged a bouquet of lilacs, your mother’s favorite. It’s been almost three years since she died and you never failed to visit her when it’s your birthday, not only because it’s your special day, but you also happen to have the same birthday with her.

“Hi mom!” you waved.

“Umma, we’re here!” Seri laid down the flowers. “Huh? Unnie, look! Someone came here before us?” she pointed a wreath that is filled with lilacs.

“Seems like it!” you kneeled and the flowers. “Ever since mom died, we thought that it was dad who brought this. But when Sehun came and told us that he already passed away, whose been coming here then?” you gave her a questioning look.

“I dunno. But at least now we know that mom has another visitor aside from us. Which is good! Coz she won’t be lonely! Right mom?” she also kneeled and ran her fingers on the marbled marker.

“Yeah…” you smiled. “Umma, Happy Birthday!” you and Seri greeted, bowed until your foreheads reached your hands on the ground.

You then sat crossed leg on the grass while leaning against your mom’s tombstone. “Unnie, happy birthday!” Seri said.

“Thank you sis!”

“You know that I love you, right?” she looked at you.

“Of course, Seri!” you placed an arm around her shoulder and pulled her closer to your side.

“I’m sorry if I’m stubborn and gives you headache all the time.” she pouted. “I promise! I’ll be a lot nicer starting today, and I will try to be braver just like you!”

“You don’t have to, sis! I love you just the way you are. You’re perfect already and I could not ask for anyone else to be my sister!” you rubbed her arm. “As long as we are together, we are unbreakable and untouchable. I'll always be here!”

Seri tilted her head on your shoulder. “Promise?” she raised her pinky.

"Promise!" you laced your pinkies together.

“Do you think it’s a good idea we left home without telling anyone?” she asked.

“I think so…” you shrugged.

"Wonder what they're up to right now?" Seri added.

“I dunno... Probably still asleep.”

With that, you and Seri continued to spend more time talking and hanging out on your mom’s grave.

Little did they know, Exo could already flip the entire globe in search for them and could almost launch an attack against the Mato's.

'God forbid, Sehee! If something happens to you or Seri, I will wipe out every single Mato in existence!' Luhan warned.