Secrets

Two Moons

Everything froze.

Seri curled to the side, grabbing her knee. Tao appeared kneeling in front her.

It was like his superhuman reflexes activated and his eyes were burning from rage. He was ready to fight. His killer instincts taking over.

His eyes moved from Seri’s head to toe and seeing blood oozing from her knee infuriated him even more. He easily cupped her off the ground and made her sit on a bench just a few meters away. “Stay here!” he gritted his teeth and turned to leave.

“NO!” she grabbed his wrist.

“I’m sorry, Seri! I can’t let this pass! In my planet, no one tolerates people who hurt the innocent!” he hissed.

“But this isn’t your planet… We have laws and rules to follow.” she tightened her clutch. “Please…”

Tao softened at her touch. Seri just became a sedative to him. His anxiety and wrath faded in an instant.

“Okay… But let me just do this…” he slowly took her hand off and walked to the group. 'Sons of a es! You messed with the wrong person!' and in a blink of an eye, Tao managed to land solid punches on each of the guys, breaking their jaws, making them fall to the ground with bloody faces. “I doubt none of you can talk for a month, ERS!!!!” he glared at them.

“Tao! That’s enough!” Seri groaned. “Let’s go!”

He ran back to her and took her backpack. “We should let Lay gege heal that!”

“No! I have a med kit in my pack. I can fix it myself.” she reached out to her bag but he refused.

“And why do you have a med kit in your bag?” he raised an eyebrow.

“Errmmm…” she lowered her head and pressed her lips together. “Ermmm… Coz that’s what humans do.” she snapped her fingers. “Right! That’s what we do!”

“Sehee’s right. You really at lying.” Tao then kneeled in front of her. “I know I’ve been a jerk to you and I’m really sorry. But I want you to know that you can trust me.”

She sighed. “Fine... Jaewook and his friends has been bullying me coz I refused to go out with him... So sometimes I end up getting hurt.” she murmured.

“That piece of ! I should kill him then!” Tao stood back up and Seri held his hand this time.

“Stop it Tao! Please!” she pleaded.

He blew out an air while looking away and kneeled back to her. “Does Sehee know?”

She slowly shook her head. “No, she doesn’t have to! I can take care of myself and the least I can do is to make her worry.”

“Seri… I understand why you have to do it but you can’t keep this forever.” he her cut and she flinched. “AAHHH!”

“Miahn… Let’s go! Gege will do a better job than your med kit. Tch!” he swiftly carried her up bridal style.

“Put me down! I can walk, y’know!” she protested.

“Yes, you can but it will take us forever.” he smirked. “Hold tight!”

“Wait! Return everything back to normal first!” she pointed at the frozen boys.

“Oh!” he flicked his fingers and Jaewook and his friends curled in agony. “Serves them right!” he smirked.

Tao jumped from houses to houses without being seen by a human. Seri sunk her face on his chest while clinging onto his sweater. “Tao, just so you know. I have the weakest stomach in my family and the most coward at anything. I have the longest list of fears as well!” she kept her eyes shut.

“Don’t worry... I won’t let go. Just bear with it for a while, we’re almost there.” he said.

After a few jumps, Tao landed in front of the porch. “LAY GEGE!!!” he kicked the door.

“What happened?” Baehyun shot up when Tao approached the living room.

“Seri got in trouble…” he said. “LAY GEGE!!! I need you here, ppalli!!!” he yelled.

Sensing the urgency, Lay and Luhan scrambled down the stairs. “Heal her!” Tao pointed Seri’s knee.

“What happened?” Lay asked.

Kai and Chanyeol also went through door who just came from the bakeshop and grocery store. “Tao! We saw you jumping around! You know that Sehee will kill you if she knows, right?” Chanyeol snickered and got stunned after seeing Seri on the couch. “!” he scrambled to her side. “Was she the one you were carrying?”

Tao nodded and Kai dropped the plastic bag he was holding. “Wh-what happened to her?” he stuttered.

“Some guy attacked her…” Tao said.

“WHAT??? WHO??? SHOW US!!!” Chanyeol and Kai demanded.

“Don’t worry about it, I took care of them even though Seri stopped me from killing them.” he cracked his knuckles.

“Them? You're saying there's more than one?” Baekhyun blurted.

“Guys! Relax!” Seri flinched when Lay touched her cut. “I think they already learned their lesson...”

Her cut closed leaving just streaks of blood. “Luhan, I need my kit!” Lay ordered and with just a twirl of a finger, a box floated in front of him. “Here!”

“Xie Xie!” Lay then took out a thin layer of gauze and wiped the blood off her knee. “There! Good as new… Now give me your hand!?” he asked and Seri flinched when she reached out her right hand to him. “AHH!!!”

“Aigooo~ We should teach you how to punch correctly. Your fingers are broken crazy girl!” he laughed.

“It’s not my fault Jaewook is the ugly version of Ironman.” she grunted.

“Jaewook’s the name, huh???” Kai rubbed his chin and faced Chanyeol. “Hyung! We have work tomorrow!”

“YAH! If you two go after him, I will tell unnie so she can kick your asses back to whatever planet you came from!!!” she warned.

“But… We can’t just sit here and let that jerk hurt you!” Chanyeol protested.

“I said, NO! And that’s final!” she added. “Besides, I think someone just volunteered to be my bodyguard…” she smiled to Tao who responded with a faint smile.

Kai instantly shot a glare to him and walked out of the house. ‘Bastard!’ he slammed the door.

“What’s wrong with him?” Chanyeol nudged Baekhyun.

“Beats me…” he replied.

“Seri-ah, if someone will try to hurt you in any way, don’t hesitate to tell us okay?” Luhan tucked strands of hair behind her ear. “You only don't have Sehun as your brother but also us!”

“Neh! Komawo~” she smiled to them. “Thanks Lay! I feel better now!” she flexed her hand.

“Anytime!” he ruffled her hair.

“By the way, don’t tell unnie or Sehun oppa about what happened. I don’t want them to worry…” she said.

Sehun suddenly came through the door. “Worry about what?”