Reunited

Two Moons

 

With all the layers of clothes and furry boots, you walked through a snowy path while clutching a bouquet of lilacs and carrying a backpack with food in it.  ‘Aaahhh~ It’s gonna be a fun morning…’ you smelled the flowers and giggled.

However, your pace slowed down when you saw a figure lying in front of your mom’s tombstone. “B-Bang?’ your eyes widened. ‘Oh my God! What is he doing here?’

Your heart sunk after seeing him sleep peacefully with hands tucked under his cheek and curling to one side. It reminded you of the first time you saw him outside the bakeshop. Dirty, lonely, and disheveled. The cut on his lips was still fresh from Shin’s rage.

You know for a fact that Mato’s are not used to cold weather but he still managed to look warm and enjoy the sleep he was getting. ‘Always the crazy one…’ you smiled.

You stopped and crouched in front of him. “Bang…” you poked his arm.

His eyes slowly opened and squinted at you. “S-Sehee?” he croaked.

“Are you crazy? Why are you sleeping out here?” you poked his forehead this time. “Get up!” you held his arm and pulled him until he sat. You made him lean against the tombstone and grabbed a bottle of water from your backpack after setting the flowers aside. “Here… Drink this!”

“What are you doing here? Exo must be worried already...” he shivered while hugging himself.

“Idiot! I’m visiting my mom, of course!” you raised the bottle to him. “I said drink this!”

He took it while you removed your jacket and covered his upper body with it.

“I’m okay…” he sniffled.

“I know you have super strength and all but you’re not used to this condition… You need it more than I do…” you fixed it on him.

“How did you know?” he asked after drinking.

“Luhan told me…” you sat beside him and bent your knees.

“Your boyfriend?” he added.

“How did you know?” you looked at him.

“I have my means…” he sighed.

You dug through your backpack once again and handed him a box of freshly baked mooncakes. “I know you’re hungry. Eat!” you tossed it to his lap.

Without saying a word, he slowly opened it and took small bites. You noticed him closing his eyes while enjoying the delectable treats and letting it melt in his mouth as he chew. “Oh God! I miss this so much! Mmmm…” he muttered.

“That’s supposed to be for mom, but I think she won’t mind if you eat it.” you chuckled.

“Yeah…” he continued eating.

You placed your chin on top of your knees and let him have his meal. He got distracted that he almost forgot you were actually there right beside him.

But then his eyes fluttered open. “I’m sorry for everything, Sehee…” he said.

“Let’s not talk about it anymore. I moved on…” you looked ahead.

“Friends?” he reached out a hand.

“Tch! We’ve always been friends!” you slapped it. “You’re the idiot who forgot about it!”

“FYI! I never forgot! I was just in a difficult situation where I had to make a choice!” he scoffed.

“Whatever!” you rolled your eyes. “Where are you friends, by the way?”

“I sent them back to spy on my dad.”

“Ahhhh…” your lips curled.

Yongguk removed the jacket and gently placed it on your back. “Your boyfriend will kill me if he sees you freezing your off!” he smirked, you ignored him. “Besides, I think I can do this now…” he suddenly placed an arm around your shoulder and pulled you closer to him.

“Luhan will definitely kill you if he sees this!” you chuckled.

“He’s not here! So I’m good!” his gummy smile flashed.

“You never changed, Bang… Not one bit!” you smirked.

“And so are you…” he pinched your nose. “You’re still the most beautiful person in this planet!”

“Bang?” you looked at him.

“Hmmm???”

“What’s gonna happen now?”

With that one question, his face noticeably fell. The reality came back to haunt him. He may have you back in his arms but the sole reason why he went to Earth may just cost him to lose you again.

“I don’t want anyone getting hurt…” you said. “Not my sister, my brother, not a single Exo, not even you.”

He then cupped your face with both hands. “You trust me right?” you nodded. “I have a plan, but it’s a hard one coz you’re gonna have to make a decision….” you blinked. “…and I won’t force you to agree with it. We can always think of something else…”

“Do you have plan B if this won’t work?” you searched his eyes and all he could give was a blank and empty stare.

He shook his head. “I’m sorry…”

You glanced at the tombstone and took a deep breath. ‘What should I do, mom?”

Yongguk turned your face to him. “I said, I’m not gonna force you if you’re not sure with it. Your decision will not just affect yourself, but everyone around you. So you have to think it through… And whatever happens, I won't let anyone hurt you either! You know that right?”

“Yes Bang and I trust you!" you smiled. ‘I hope I’m doing the right thing…’

“Okay…” he then started laying your options.