Guilt

Two Moons

 

The day just ended for Seri. Classes has just been dismissed so she headed straight to the school gates and met with her bodyguards. Kai and Tao stood smack in the middle where students could easily see them. Every person that pass by them couldn’t help but leave a questioning stare. Girls drooled at such handsome sight while boys burned in bitterness.

“How many times do I have to tell you, to wait for me somewhere not so eye catching?” Seri gritted her teeth and pulled them by their wrists.

“What? This is the most convenient!” Kai staggered behind her.

“Yes, Seri. It’s easier for us to see each other.” Tao added.

“…and for the entire school! Aish!” she whined. “Let’s go!”

“Home?” Kai asked.

As they move further away from the school, Seri removed her hands from them and clutched the straps of her backpack.

“Nope! Sehee unnie asked me to do grocery shopping, so we’re headed to the supermarket.” she said.

“Oh! Cool!” Tao slipped his hands on his pockets and they all walked to a different direction.

Kai grabbed a cart upon reaching the entrance and with that, shopping for an entire household with 12 males started.

‘Aigooo~ Why do I get the feeling that this will be hard?’ Seri sighed.

“What’s wrong?” Tao noticed.

“N-Nothing…” she faked a smile. “C’mon! We need to finish early!” she walked ahead.

Given the small amount of money she has, Seri made sure to get everything her sister asked. They passed every aisle and Tao would reach up for the items that were stacked way up while Kai pushed the cart.

But the boys would sometimes shove their own choices from packs of ramen, bags of chips, and bars of chocolates into the cart.

“Yah! We don’t need that!” she took out Kai’s favorite cereal and placed it on the shelf.

“Mwoh? But I can’t start my day without this!” he grabbed it back and hugged it.

“Fine! But you’re such a baby, don’t you know that?” she scrunched her face while he just stuck his tongue out.

After a reaching the final aisle, the cart was already overflowing. She took out her wallet and counted the money she has. ‘OMG, does unnie have to go through all this every time she does it? Uwaaaa~’ her eyes bulged at the cart while biting her lip.

The boys noticed her getting uneasy. “Seri-ah, I know something is wrong? Tell us…” Tao placed a palm on her head.

“You do know that we’re not daughters of a CEO right?” they nodded. “Well… I think we went over budget…” she sighed.

Feeling guilty from their impulsiveness, Kai picked out his cereal and so did Tao with his ramens. “I can actually survive without this…” the younger said and ditched the box to a nearby shelf.

“No, it’s okay! You can get that, Kai! I have my own money and I can pay for that…” she reached out for it and placed it back in the cart. “Also with your ramens, Tao!” she nodded to them.

“I thought humans only get money if they work for it?” Tao scratched his head.

“Well, since I’m a student, I’m entitled for lunch money or allowance. I save it up so I can buy anything I want without asking from unnie.” she explained as they walk to the counter.

“Awww~ That’s so sweet of you, Seri!” Kai pinched her cheek.

“Thanks…” she giggled.

“But are you saying those hyungs who work in the bakeshop have money?” Kai gawked, Seri nodded. “Uwaaaa~ I should’ve figured it out so I can ask some from them.” he slapped his forehead.

Seri laughed and they started paying for the groceries.

Just as the clerk summed everything up, Seri ran up to a nearby chest freezer. ‘Ice cream!!!’ she her lips and grabbed three chocolate covered ice cream popsicles. “I’ll take this as well!” she told the clerk.

The two boys watched her while she focused on doing business in the counter. Guilt took over them when they forgot how much the sisters sacrificed for them.

“Dude! I feel so bad right now.” Kai whispered to Tao.

“You’re not alone, man!” they sighed.

“Yah! No need for that! Just carry these plastic bags and you can make up for it!” she chuckled.

“You heard?” Kai blinked in astonishment.

“Loud and clear! Now let’s go!” she nodded towards the door.

The boys each have a fair share of bags in their hands while Seri has the one with the ice creams in it. As they walked out, she took out two and peeled the wrappers for them. “Here! My treat for being well behaved today!”

“T-Thanks!” Tao smiled shyly.

“Komawo!” Kai said.

They all walked back home, happily enjoying the frozen treats. “This is so good! Mmmm….” Kai beamed.

“Better than your cereals?” Seri elbowed him.

“Hell no! My Fruit Loops are so much better!” he smirked.

“Rigghhhttt…” you chuckled. “By the way…” both boys glanced at her while slowly on the ice cream. “Its unnie’s birthday tomorrow…”

“WHAT???” they stopped walking except for Seri who ignored them and continued to the fence.

“Are you deaf?” she chuckled.

“But why didn’t she tell any of us?” Tao caught up with her bug-eyed.

Seri stopped and looked up to him. “Most humans don’t announce their birthday. So it’s really up to their loved ones to remember it.”

“You should’ve told me earlier!” Exo-M’s maknae sulked. “Aish!” he then sprinted to the house. ‘I gotta tell the guys!’

Kai also rushed to the door forgetting about her.

“YAAHHHH!!!” she yelled. ‘Wonder who would give unnie the best gift? Hmmm…’ she rubbed her chin.