Gift

Two Moons

 

It was a weekend so everyone was looking forward to an exciting day. Luhan, Suho and Lay got busy preparing breakfast while the rest of them waited by the table.

“Oppa? Where’s Sehee unnie?” Seri asked Sehun during breakfast.

“She’s still asleep at Tao’s bed.” he explained while eating.

“Huh? How did she end up in their room and she’s supposed to be awake by now…” she slowly chewed and looked around the table.

“Apparently, Sehee had a long and tiring night, and an invader took her spot in your bed.” Kris leaned against the counter facing them while holding a glass of milk.

“Oh right, Tao…” she grinned. “But aside from that? What happened? What did I miss?” her eyes moved from side to side in search for answers.

Chanyeol choked and Xiumin just kept eating.

“Ermmm…” Baekhyun cleared his throat who sat across her. “Nothing really… Sehee stayed up late while waiting for Exo-M last night.” he faked a smile.

“Ahhh…” she continued eating.

Tao came down the stairs and sat beside her. “Morning!”

Seri dumped bacon and eggs on his plate. “Morning… Eat a lot coz we’re going to the mall after this. I need some materials for a project.”

“Cool!” he beamed and picked up his chopsticks.

“Kai? Wanna come with us?” Seri asked him.

“No thanks!” he stood and stomped towards the sink with his plate in hand. “I refuse to be the third wheel!” he hissed.

“Excuse me? What was that, Kai?” Seri called.

“Nothing!” he intentionally dropped the plate on the counter.

Kai walked out of the dining room and went back to their room. Seri was left stunned at his actions while Tao shook his head.

“Aigooo~ I can smell jealousy. Aaahhhh~” Chanyeol nudged Kris while sniffing the air..

“Kids….” the latter smirked.

When breakfast came to an end, they all cleaned the table, washed the dishes and prepared to head out. It’s busier in the bakeshop during weekends which makes the DO, Xiumin and Chen a lot more excited. Sehun usually drags Chanyeol and Baekhyun to the bakeshop as well for extra pair of hands.

“Sehun oppa! Tao and I will go ahead!” Seri yelled upon reaching the main door.

“Neh! You guys be careful!” his voice rang through the hall.

“NEH!!!” they both answered.

Seri pulled Tao out of the house. Little did they know, Kai watched them through the window. There he saw Seri linked an arm with Tao and looked up to him with twinkling eyes. She would tickle his side making him flinch and causes her to flash an attractive smile.

“Dude! If you hate what you are seeing right now, why don’t you make a move? Tell her what you feel?” Suho stood beside him.

“I can’t, hyung!” he closed the curtain and sat on the couch. “She seems happy with him and I can’t ruin it!”

“Yah! Since when did you chicken out on times like this?” Suho sat beside him and placed a hand on his shoulder.

“It’s not chickening out, hyung! It’s knowing when to retreat to spare yourself the misery.” he blew out an air.

Kai planted an elbow on his knee and pinched his eyebrows. Ever since he grew attached to Seri, his world only revolved around her. She has become the air that he breathes. His sole reason to wake up in the morning. His only purpose for living.

“Bro! You have to take the risk or you might regret it in the end.” his leader patted his shoulder and left him boring a hole on the floor with a stare. ‘Seri-ah, what should I do? I want you. I need you. But I’m afraid I might lose if I try to get you…’

---------

Tao and Seri arrived at the mall. They wander around while looking at the windows of each shops. “Uwaaa~ Look!” she pointed at a white teddy bear as big as her.

“Do you like it?” Tao elbowed her.

“It’s cute but, nah! I’m just amazed at how big it is…Woooo~” is shaped like an ‘O’.

“Are you sure?” he glanced at her and she nodded while keeping an eye at the toy.

Tao leaned against the window with a foot over the other and watch her gawk at the window. She could almost drool at the sight of it as her jaw left hanging. Her eyes could almost pop out of its sockets and tears threaten to fall when she never even blinked. ‘How can you be so cute, Seri?’ he looked down to hide his smile.

But then, she suddenly grabbed his wrist and pulled him into the store. “I found something though. Come!”

Tao skipped behind her as they walked into the shop. She stop in front of a display case where pendants in different sizes and shapes glistened through the glass.

“Can I help you, miss?” ask a lady clerk.

“Neh! Can you show me the pendants from the teddy bear’s necklace displayed outside?” she beamed.

“Sure!” the clerk pulled out two pendants which were similar to what Seri saw. One has a shape of panda’s head in silver, the other has the same shape but with a pink bow on top of it. “Here you go, miss!”

“Thanks!” she took it and raised towards Tao’s face. “It looks just like you. So cute!” she giggled.

“Is that even a compliment?” he took a second glance at the pendant.

“Yes! It’s cute and adorable just like you… Now wear it! Coz I’ll have the girl panda with me!” she slipped her pendant along with the crescent moon in her necklace. “See?”

“But I don’t have a necklace…” he pouted.

Seri looked down the glass case and pointed a silver chain. “We’ll also take that one!”

The clerk handed it to her and Seri slipped Tao’s pendant. She then tiptoed and reached out to his neck. “Yah! Come closer! I can’t reach!” and he followed. Tao stooped and leaned closer just inches away from her face which caught her by surprise. She got caught at his irresistible stare and left her weakened. Her hands shook and calves stiffened.

Tao suddenly held her hips when she started to wobble. “Do you want me to do it myself?” he whispered.

Her face turned red as tomato after hot flushes ran through her. “Y-Yes… P-Please…”

They broke apart and she blew out an air. Tao secure his new favorite accessory around his neck.

“Do you like it? It’s my gift to you!” she poked the silver jewelry dangling from his neck.

“I love it! Thanks! But what is a gift?” he murmured while clutching the pendant by his chest.

“A gift is giving something to someone without expecting a payment. It is a form of expressing love or friendship or gratitude or charity…” she enumerated with her fingers and walked to the counter.

"Ahhh..." he rubbed his chin. Tao watched Seri from behind while paying for their purchases. His mind was bugged not just by the thought of gift giving, but the way Seri made his heart skip a beat. That simple gesture from her was all it took to make him look at her at a different perspective.

“Seri-ah?” he stood in front of her after she walked back to him.

“Hmmm?” she looked up.

“I want to give you my life. That’s my gift to you…” he said.

“Awww~ You’re so sweet!” she pinched his cheeks. “But you see, Tao. Gifts are supposed to make the receiver happy. So if you give my life to me, I will not be happy anymore coz you won’t be there for me after that! You know what I mean?”

“But I want to give you something and that’s the best that I can think of!” he held her face with both hands.

Seri grew warm and fuzzy inside. She never felt that special not even when her sister or her mother showed how deep their love is for her. Her stomach flipped from the whirl of emotions as her heart raced. She held onto his wrists and smiled to him. “Just keep breathing and stay by my side. That’s the best gift you can give me.”

Tao pulled her closer and gently pressed her head into his chest. “I will, Seri! I will be the best gift you ever had!”

“Thanks…” she muttered and he kissed her head. “Let’s go! I’m hungry! I need some burger and fries in my system.”

He slightly pulled back with a firm hold on her neck. “Burger? Fries? What are those?”

“Aigooo! It’s one of the best junk food a human ever invented.” she then broke away and tugged him out. “Gaja! I'll teach you more human stuff along the way!”