Surrender

Two Moons

 

It grew dark and cold. What was once you thought a wall, suddenly opened in half like a gate. You watched the six bikes move in one by one.

Yongguk revved up the engine and followed them.

Your head turned from side to side. It was like cruising down the streets of Seoul only scarier. The streets were filled with masked men, and you can hardly tell who was friend and foe.

“Bang? Himchan said that your dad’s army has surrounded the city. Where are they?” you looked around.

“That’s them!” he pointed out the windshield. “All of them! Every person you see works for my dad…”

Your hart sunk like a boulder. You were not just standing in enemy line, but surrounded by an army. One wrong move and you’ll never see anyone back home.

You swallowed hard. “Holy mother of God…”

“Hey… Sehee-ah!” Yongguk left one hand on the steering wheel and another on your chin. “Look at me…” your eyes met. “No one can touch you when you’re with me. You got that?” you nodded.

After reaching an intersection, the pack on bikes went to a different direction. You watch Kris and Suho drifting away, and slowly disappear from your sight. ‘This is it! No turning back now!’

Yongguk drove for another couple of minutes and stopped in front of a tall metal gate. A guard walked over by his window and upon seeing him, the gate instantly opened.

“I need Seri’s necklace…” he opened his palm.

You took it off from your neck and hand it to him.

After placing it in his jacket pocket, the car stopped and faced Zelo. “You know what to do…”

“Neh!” he bravely nodded and turned to you. “Don’t worry, noona. I got your back!” he winked.

“Be careful, Zelo-ah!” he smiled and stealthily moved into the fortress.

Yongguk then opened his palm. You placed your palm on top of it and he laced your fingers together. “Whatever happens, don't let go of my hand.” you nodded. “Promise me…” “I promise!”

He pulled you as he left the car.

You raised your head to gaze at the two tall wooden doors. As it creaked open, Yongguk slowly walked in and you staggered behind him.

A huge chandelier shined brightly above you. The castle-like fortress brought you back to the medieval times were the king sat on his throne, waiting for a prisoner to be punished right in front of him.

Your insides started to burn. You felt like a kitten standing amongst a pack of hungry hyena. Guards lined up on each sides, eyeing you with a deadly stare.

“Why hello there my son!” a shivering deep voice erupted.

A tall and well built man, heavily bearded with graying hair, stood up. “Welcome home!” he stretched his arms out.

Yongguk stopped at the bottom of a few flights of stairs. “Hey dad…”

“Is that all you have to say?” he cocked his head and caught eyes with you. “Ahhhh… This must be the daughter of an old friend from another planet.” he walked down. “One of the two moons, I believe?”

You stepped back and cowered behind Yongguk.

“Where’s the other one?” he kept a stare to you.

“She died…” you murmured while looking down. “My…My sister died when Exo and BAP clashed!” you stuttered.

“Oh really?” he raised an eyebrow and stepped in front of his son. “Any proof for that?”

Yongguk took out the necklace and it dangled in his hand as he raised it. “This! You know what this is right?”

“Of course! Such a waste!” he touched it but Yongguk slipped it back in his pocket.

He walked back to you and caught a glimpse of your tangled hands.

Then he turned furious. All the speculations and rumors were true after all. That his son had grew attached to the Earthlings he lived with. Probably even more than attached, but showing deep affection.

The way Yongguk’s eyes rounded to protect the girl beside him, the way his voice threatened him, the way he secure her behind him. He could see how much he is happy, and that made his chest burned in jealousy.

“HUH!!!” you gasped.

A loud slap landed on Yongguk’s face. “YOU UNGRATEFUL SON OF A !”

His head fell towards you and blood dripped on his lip. “You’re a alright!” Yongguk laughed.

Your head spun. The smell of iron lingered in your nostrils. It was more than enough to leave you breathless. ‘! Deep breaths…’ you closed your eyes. ‘Calm down, Sehee! Remember what Lay said.’ you inhaled deeply and shook it away.

“You okay?” he whispered, you gave a soft nod. “Are you?” he smirked and spit the blood on the floor. “This is nothing!” he sneered and glared back to his father. “What dad? Is that it?” he taunted. “Is that what lazy bums do now?” he smirked.

“MWOH???” he growled and raised his hand towards his face again.

*BOOM*

A deafening sound came in different directions. The ground shook like an earthquake, even the windows shook.

'There goes the diversion...' Yongguk smiled evilly.

As you turned your head to a window on your left, you saw not just one but three great mushrooms of smoke. You turned to your right, and your eyes widened at four. ‘Oh my God!’

A guard came running to the Prime Minister and his face fell in shock as he whispered.

“Send every personnel we have. Make sure those two can’t come near the palace!” the Minister growled.

With that, every guard in your sight, left.

You knew he was talking about Kris and Suho. He now knows that two of the most powerful Exo has breached his city.

“You’re coming with me!” he swiftly grabbed your wrist and pulled to him.

“No way!!!” Yongguk pulled you in one motion. You landed on his chest and you clung onto him for dear life. “You’ll have to go through me first!”

“Fine!” he pulled out a gun and pointed it to his head. “How about now?’

“Really dad? You’re gonna kill me?” Yongguk squeezed you tighter as you sunk your face in his chest. “After all that I did for you?”

“Of course!” his father arrogantly smiled. “Nothing can stop me! I’ll get rid of your girlfriend no matter what. Then Exo will be mine! ALL MINE!!!”

As he placed a finger on the trigger, Yongguk cocked his head.

“I don’t think you wanna do that, Mr. Prime Minister…” Zelo pointed a gun at the back of his head and pulled the hammer down. “It’s either you’re living this place in a body bag or…” he rubbed his chin. “…wait there’s no other option… My bad!” he snickered.

“Really Zelo?” he smirked. “I can pull this trigger faster than you can. Your hyung will be dead before you can kill me…” he snorted. “Or how ‘bout…” he shifted the gun to your head. “…HER!!!” he sneered.

Zelo gulped. He looked at Yongguk with panic in his eyes.

They all stood in silence. Gauging each other’s reaction.

Then a group of guards came running behind the throne and dashed towards you. Zelo snapped and pushed Yongguk’s dad.

He landed on the floor and Zelo tossed a gun to his leader. “Hyung! Here! Take her outta here! Ppalli!”

Yongguk caught it and pulled you behind a pillar. Zelo also managed to crawl behind another pillar across him.

What you once played as a game of capture the flag turned real and deadly. Bullets flew from different directions. The thundering sounds rippled through your ears. It even overpowered the raging beast inside your chest.

“Sehee-ah! Listen to me!” Yongguk cupped your face. “Remember when we used to play this with Shin?” you nodded. “Good! Just stay with me, okay? And just do what you promised me earlier.” you nodded again.

“Zelo!” he called.

Maknae took out another weapon from his waist and now armed in both hands. “GO! I’LL COVER YOU!”

As they sensed the other side reloading, Yongguk ran towards the main entrance, while Zelo opened fired.

Waves of hell rang through the room. Debris fell from the ceiling. The chandelier swayed from above.

You and Yongguk raced to the door hand in hand. You could hear bodies dropping on the floor and you couldn’t help but look back.

“SEHEE! COME ON!” Yongguk shouted. “OH !”

He suddenly came to a halt. A group of guards came running through the door straight at you. He cowered behind another pillar and shielded you with his body. Your head spun from the lingering blood everywhere. Your pulse pounded against our skin. You panted hard while covering your ears.

“AHHHHH!!!” Zelo writhed.

“Oh no! Zelo-ah!” Yongguk worried. As he craned his neck, he saw the young boy curling to his side when a bullet pierced his knee.

“HYUNG! TAKE SEHEE NOONA OUT OF HERE!!! GO!!!” he signaled to him.

Zelo pulled himself up and painstakingly reloaded his guns.

Yongguk fired at every person in his sight. Each bullet went straight to their forehead, falling on the ground in an instant.

Then came Kris flying through the window. “Zelo! Where are they?”

“There!” he pointed at Yongguk who shielded you when he ran out of ammo.

As much as he wanted to go straight at you, Kris was caught in a crossfire.

Suho also came where Kris landed. “What’s going on?”

“Zelo’s injured! The Prime Minister won’t budge! Yongguk and Sehee are cornered!” he said.

Suho looked around. “I got an idea!”

He twirled his fingers and a huge wave of water came down the heads of the Prime Minister and his men. “GO!!!”

Kris flew and landed behind them. He moved in a speed of light and eliminated each and every guard.

The team who were attacking Yongguk, moved towards the throne.

“Sehee! Let’s go!” Yongguk tugged you and ran out.

“Good job, hyung!” Zelo slapped Suho’s arm.

“We’re not done yet! Give me your gun!” he handed it to him and fired at the approaching assailants.