Chances

Two Moons

Shin and DO went to the back of the store and took his bike. DO’s eyes instantly grew big at the unique mode of transportation. “Uwaaaa~ It looks primitive…” he bent and caressed the tires.

“Ehh?” Shin scratched his nape. “You’re weird! Anyway, you need to balance yourself so you can ride it, like so!” he showed it by circling a few laps around him with his feet on the pedals.

“Cool! I can do it, hyung!” he clapped his hands. ‘Tch! It’s nothing compared to my droid bike back home.'

Shin then rode towards a storage room and pulled out your bike. “This my friend is temporarily yours. Sehee uses this before when she goes with me, but ever since eomeoni passed away, she no longer has the time… So take it away brotha!” *kring* *kring* he then sampled the bell.

“I’m taking this?” DO stared at the pink bicycle with a basket up front.

Shin threw the flowers away and replaced it with freshly baked moonackes. “Wae? Don’t you like it? You can stay behind if you want…”

“A-Aniyo! It’s fine! Pink is y on me anyway!” he beamed. “Gaja!” and rode it.

DO’s first approach was wobbly but later got the hang of it. They toured around the neighborhood and Shin would introduce him to anyone they meet.

By the end of the day, DO became popular as the pink riding hunk. They were heading back when they caught up with Seri along the way.

“SERI-AHHH!!!” DO yelled while frantically ringing the bell.

Just as she was about to turn, he gripped the brakes and stopped beside her.

“Wow! Look at you oppa! Since when did you learn how to ride a bike?” she gawked.

He cupped his mouth to whisper at her. “I actually have one of this in our planet. Just the bigger, faster, high tech version…” 

“Ahhh!” her lips curled. “Shin oppa! How was your trip today?” she asked after he stopped on the other side.

“It was great! Thanks to DO, we got more customers.” they high fived.

“Good job!” she raised both thumbs to them. “DO oppa, you should buy a new bike when unnie pays you. This doesn’t suit at you at all.” she pointed the pink frames.

“Nah! It’s okay. I actually like this better. Besides, Sehee doesn’t have to pay… My services are for free!” he added.

“Awwww~ Komawo oppa!” she hugged him.

Shin suddenly yanked her away from him. “Don’t do that here Seri! People will get the wrong impression.”

“Oh! Miahn…” she murmured. “By the way, I got something for you guys!” she dug into her backpack and took out three lollipops. “Tadah! Pick one!”

Shin swiftly took the strawberry while DO snatched the lemon. “That leaves me with cherry, then!”

“Komawo!” the boys beamed after peeling the wrapper and popping it into their mouths. They also hopped off their bikes and towed it while walking to the bakeshop.

After arriving, they saw some of the boys sitting on the pavement. Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Kai on one side, Luhan and Tao on the other.

Seri stomped her feet towards them while DO and Shin went to the back to park their bikes. “Aren’t you supposed to help out?” she stood in front of them with hands on her hips.

“We’d love to Seri! But it’s very crowded already.” Chanyeol said.

“Excuses! Excuses!” she rolled her eyes and started walking in. “Lazy !” she hissed.

Kai stood and ran in front of her. “What did you say?”

“Nothing!” she eye smiled and pushed him aside.

But Kai swiftly pulled the lollipop and slipped it into his mouth. “Thanks! This is yummy! Mmmm…”

“DUDE!!! WHAT THE HELL???” she opened both palms, facing up.

“You want it back?” Kai pulled it again and raised it to her. “Here!”

“No thanks you jerk! I don’t want your alien virus all over me! Yuck!” she squirmed.

“MWOH???” Kai popped the lollipop back and grabbed her but Baekhyun stopped him, Tao also held Seri.

“You two!!! STOP IT!!!” Luhan scoffed.

Seri struggled and managed to break away from Tao. “Don’t you ever touch me again!” she snarled at him. “That goes for you too!” she glared at Kai. “I don’t like dealing with immature creeps!” she then kicked the door open and ran in.

Luhan took a deep breath and sighed. “Kai, you should at least be nice to her. There are 12 of us who suddenly came into their lives and it’s hard as it is already…”

“Sorry…” he muttered and sat back on the pavement. ‘I just like playing around with her. I didn’t know I was hurting her already… Miahnae Seri-ah!’

Luhan then faced Tao. “Didi, give her time. It wasn’t a nice meeting between you two. Just be patient, okay?” he tapped his arm.

“I will…” he also sat on the pavement. ‘I’m sorry, Seri. I hope you can still give me a second chance.’