Back Again

Two Moons

 

There he was standing right in front of you, staring back at you with eyes rounding in confusion. The person you once called a friend and thought to have died when he suddenly vanished in thin air. The same person who taught you how to love and hate at the same time. That person whom you once cherished and thought to live with for the rest of your life, but turned out to be the one to tear you into pieces, the life out of you, even render you emotionless for a long time.

Seeing him again was like seeing a ghost from your past. Unbelievable as it may seem, you had to convince yourself that what you are seeing is real.

“B-Bang???’ was all you could say.

All the questions that were left unanswered suddenly filled up your mind. You forced yourself to speak or construct a decent sentence but remembering all those nights, crying in your sleep, worry your head off from what might have happened, replaced your curiosity with hatred and bitterness.

Yongguk on the other hand, shared the exact same feelings you have. When he had to leave you, he suffered just as much, even thinking of killing himself. He was at his lowest when he woke up one day, not seeing you with him, smiling at him. You were after all his first and last love. He vowed that you will be the only girl to hold his heart. He vowed to be there for you no matter what. But then he had to stop, all for the glory of his father.

“S-Sehee???” he choked.

BAP were just as shocked as Exo. They never saw it coming especially from their leader. Yongguk is known to be the coldest Warrior in their planet. He lived and breathed as a heartless ruler and as a son of a cold-blooded tyrant. He never showed emotion or remorse for any life he took, yet seeing him falter just one step in front of a girl was beyond their imagination.

His eyes however caught a glistening piece dangling by your chest. A diamond encrusted heart pendant together with a crescent moon. With that, he knew you are the person they are looking for. The person his father asked him to be slain, to be executed in sight. ‘This can’t be…’

“You’re the daughter of the King?” he muttered.

You knew what he was talking about but you remained silent trying to digest all that is happening. Everything appeared to be hazy. Your vision became clouded, your mind started to be deluded. You hardly even noticed him reaching out to your face with one hand.

“Don’t touch her!” Suho slapped his arm and pulled you behind him.

That’s when they all snapped back into fighting stance. Kris and Luhan shifted beside him, now having the three of them in front of you. Himchan and Daehyun suddenly appeared in Yongguk’s side as well.

With all the hostility around you and knowing it was all because of you, Exo became your priority. You would never let anyone hurt them. They became a part of you that losing one of them is like losing a breath and limb.

Adrenalin kicked in when visions of Exo getting battered and beaten appeared right in front of your eyes. It was the hardest thing to swallow and felt like being punched in the gut ‘No! I can’t let this happen!’ you clenched your fist as your eyes turned into slits towards BAP.

You suddenly left your spot and moved in between them. You swiftly took Yongguk’s wrist and forced him to choke you. “KILL ME! IT’S ME THAT YOU WANT, RIGHT? KILL ME!” you yelled. “JUST DON’T HURT ANY OF MY FRIENDS!”

“Sehee! Stop this! You don’t have to do this! Please!” Kris gritted his teeth.

At that point in time, you refuse to hear anything. All you can think of is having them safe especially your siblings who were at the back hugging each other when Seri grew scared after hearing you.

You turned towards the full moon and it was then Yongguk saw your eyes glistening in tears as you fought to be strong. You couldn’t contain yourself. Your eyes flooded with sorrow, yet ready to give up. “Kris… Take Seri and my brother away! I beg you!” you cried. “ALL OF YOU! GET THE OUT OF HERE!!!” you bit your lip from muffling your sobs, thinking about your sister.

“NO! I’m not gonna ing do that!” he sneered.

Yongguk stared at you not knowing what to do. He could see and feel your tears dripping on his arm and with every drop, his heart grew heavier. He would never hurt you, much less taking your life.

“Hyung! What are you waiting for? Do it already!” Daehyun hissed like a devil, tempting a weakened soul.

“SHUT THE UP, DAEHYUN!” he sneered without leaving his pitiful stare at you.

Luhan suddenly pushed Yongguk away.“ OFF! BEFORE I KILL YOU MYSELF!” he then gripped your shoulders. “DO YOU REALLY THINK WE’RE GONNA LET THEM HURT YOU, HUH? SNAP OUT OF IT SEHEE!” he shook you.

“And do you really think, I’m gonna let them hurt any of you!” you shoved his hands. “I SAID GET MY SISTER AND BROTHER AWAY FROM HERE! GOOO!” your uncontrollable tears and emotions poured out like a flood. The reality of seeing them crushed every bone in your body. It’s the hardest decision by far and regret never came into your mind.

You closed your eyes and took a deep breath. “Luhan… If you really love me… Do it…” you whispered.

Luhan never thought of being placed in a difficult situation. Yes, he loves you, but leaving you with his arch enemy is never an option. ‘I’d rather die fighting for you, than leave you here!’

“I’m sorry, Sehee! I can’t do that!” he held your hand. “You have my heart remember? If I leave, I die…”

"Lu...Luhan..." you cried and dropped your head on his chest.

Then all of a sudden, your brother yelled. “NOONA!!! COME HERE! PLEASE!!!”

You instantly pulled away and ran to where he was. There you saw Seri wheezing and fighting for air in Tao’s lap while Sehun panicked beside them.

“Get her inhaler! It should be in her backpack! Ppalli!” you kneeled beside them.

“U-Unnie…” she gasped and reached out a hand. “I’m not…going…without you…”

“Ssshhh… Don’t talk, sis!” you held her hand and wiped your tears with the other. “Relax! I’m here…” you blew out an air in hopes to shake your raging emotions.

Sehun dropped all her stuff on the ground. “Noona! It’s not here! Eotteokke!”

Seri’s wheezing and gasps grew louder and louder, it has now become unbearable to hear. Her eyes started to flutter. Her body trembled even more.

Kai can hardly watch so he walked away and leaned against a wall while covering his ears.

You looked around and caught eyes with Lay who crouched while watching in worry. “Lay! Can you heal Seri?”

“I can try…” he said.

Sehun made way for him and also kneeled beside you. “Tao! Let her sit…” maknae nodded and supported Seri as she sat. After taking a deep breath, Lay rubbed his palms together and gently pressed it against her back. “Seri-ah… Relax! This won’t work if you fight it…” he said.

“I-Im…trying…” she gasped.

Her wheezes toned down but her lungs still grew weaker. “U-Unnie… I can’t… b-breathe…”

“Oh !” you murmured.

Then Yongguk came out of nowhere and pushed Lay aside. He took out a vial filled with green liquid from her jacket pocket. “Our maknae also has asthma and I take this with me all the time…” he unscrewed the lid. “It’s made from an herb that only grows in our planet. Drink this Seri…” he lowered it towards but Tao grabbed his wrist with a death glare. “Dude! I can poison all of you if I want to but not her!” he gravely said.

You gave Tao a soft nod after he glanced at you. He took the vial from him, then made her drink it. "Here babe... Take this..."

In just a matter of seconds, Seri came back to normal even stronger and livelier. “Oppa? Yongguk oppa? Is that really you?” he nodded. “OH MY GOD!” she instantly moved and wrapped her arms around him. “What happened to you? Where were you all this time?” she squeezed him tighter and rested her chin on his shoulder. “Are you really back? Are you gonna stay here for good?”

“Ehem!” you cleared your throat. “Tao! Take her home!”

With that, Tao stood and carefully pulled her away from him.

“Unnie? What’s going on?” she wondered.

“Just go… Please!” you gritted your teeth and Tao scooped her off the ground bridal style. As he jumped on top of a house, Kai, DO, Chanyeol, and Lay followed them.

You on the other hand, stood with eyes directed towards the street. “Don’t touch any of my friends!!! And stay away from Seri and Shin!!!” you sternly warned and left, being trailed by the rest of Exo.

Yongguk clenched his fist forgetting about the empty vial in his hand, shattering it into bits. He can barely feel any pain or sting from the shards of glass embedded in his palm, as all he could see is your figure disappearing into the street. ‘I didn’t know, Sehee! I swear, I didn’t know…’