Don't Cry

Two Moons

 

“Sehun?” you popped your head through the door of Exo-K’s room.

“Go away! I hate you!” his voice shook.

Despite what he said, you slowly walked in and searched for him. There you saw him sulking in a corner, hugging his knees and sinking his face in it.

You sat beside him with legs stretched out and staring at the ceiling. “I’m so sorry, Sehun… Please forgive me~”

Seeing how much his shoulders and voice trembled, you knew how broken your brother was. He has always been the quirkiest among his hyungs, the most hyperactive when it comes to food, the cutest when his lisp go flying out of his mouth.

Yet he was still your baby brother. The sweetest and over protective type. The one who would never hesitate to kill even his own friends for his sisters. The young man who perfectly became a father figure to his sisters.

“How can you not choose me? Is it because I’m not that strong as the leaders” he cried. “Appa, sent me to save you, to look after you! Why can’t you not let me do it?”

Your chest burned with his pleas. As much as your tears wanted to fall, you no longer have the strength to do so. The situation you are in has left you drained physically, emotionally, and mentally. If not for all of them, you would’ve dropped on your knees and gave up.

All you could do for your weeping brother is hold him in your arms and comfort him with a warm embrace. He leaned his head on your neck while you placed your chin on his head. “I’m so sorry, Sehun… You are my brother! I can’t let you come with me and risk your life. I will die of guilt if something happens to you. Do you understand what I’m saying?”

“But I don’t want to!” he sobbed.

“Can you look noona for a bit?” you asked and he looked up. You cupped his face and wiped his tears with your thumb. “I need you to stay here… with Seri.” you whispered. “She needs you… her oppa. If something happens to us, how do you think would she survive?”

“Nooonnaaaaa~” he wept.

Seeing and hearing your brother cry his heart out was too much pain to handle. His tears have gone cold as it touched your skin. His begging wails filled the room and it stung every part of your body.

It was a good thing that you sat or you would’ve fallen right from the start. You glued your eyes on the ceiling to stop your own tears while pressing your brother’s head on your neck. “Ssshhhh… Calm down, Sehun. You have to stay strong. I need you. Seri needs you.” your jaws started to quiver.

Not a single word came off him but only sobs and weeps. You stayed with him for as long as he liked since at that point in time, Sehun needed you as much as you needed him.

----------

“When are you guys leaving?” Chanyeol asked Yongguk as they continued talking in the living room.

“Tomorrow night…” BAP’s leader regretfully said.

“That soon?” Kai stood, he nodded.

“Seri-ah!!!” Tao called when she instantly left them and ran up the stairs.

“Di, it’s okay. Let her go. She needs her siblings right now…” Kris muttered and Tao watched Seri leave in the verge of tears.

With that, the rest of the day became dragging. It was only DO, Chen and Xiumin who went to the bakeshop and promised to go home early.

Sehun never spoke a single word, Seri never left your side, Kris and Suho stayed in the attic with Yongguk to discuss their plan, while the rest of them kept themselves busy.

The house was left silent, eerie and painstakingly tensed. You continued doing chores as if nothing happened. Preparing meals, doing the laundry, fixing their beds, even baking treats for their snacks. It got a lot easier unlike before when all of them helped out. Even Kai who was the laziest suddenly turned up when you were stacking Exo-K’s clothes in their closet.

“It’s okay, Kai. I can do this.” you smiled.

He grabbed the shirts you were holding and softly pushed you away from the closet. “No! Just sit there and I’ll do this!” he nodded to one of the beds.

“Yah! I know you have other things to do like you normally do… Leave it to me…” you attempted to take the shirts back.

“I SAID NO!” he fumed leaving you in shock and fear. “YOU ALREADY STOPPED US FROM GOING WITH YOU AND YOU STILL REFUSE TO LET ME DO THIS SIMPLE ING TASK???” he slammed the clothes on the floor

“K-Kai???” you stuttered and slowly raised your hand to hold his shaking arm. “Wae gu re?”

“What’s wrong? You’re asking me what’s wrong?” he faced you. “Everything is wrong, Sehee! You, going to that ing planet, being surrounded by our enemy. You’re digging your own grave, don’t you know that?”

“Kai, calm down… Please?” you begged and his eyes turned sullen from dark. “This is the only way I know to protect my brother and sister. I can’t let anything happen to them, not even to any of you!”

You can sense his body heat up from anger. His fists were shaking, his face turned red, his eyebrows furrowed. “You can’t do this, Sehee! You just can’t!” he shook his head.

“I can. My decision is final. I’m sorry…”

He closed his eyes and tears poured down in an instant. He was no longer the toughest and meanest, but a boy with so much fear.

“Awwww~ Come here, Kai!” you hugged him and pressed his head on your shoulder. “Don’t cry…” you rubbed his back. “Just be there for my sister, that’s all I ask! Love her as much as you can. Protect her like how you would protect me.”

“Neehhhh~” he cried.

“…and while you’re at it, do the same for Sehun. Be a hyung to him. Teach him all the tricks he need to get a girl.” you laughed softly.

“I will…” he sniffled.