Rivalry

Two Moons

 

The boys were all bundled up to start the freezing day. You gathered altogether for breakfast before heading out and it was eerily silent. No one said a word and only the sound of utensils clashing against each other rang through the dining room.

Lay on the other hand barely took a bite and only planted his elbows on the table while pressing his palms against his temple. “UGH! I hate this! Can’t they all get away from here!” he groaned.

“What’s wrong?” Seri whispered to Tao.

“BAP’s presence is messing up gege’s mind. It’s like having a permanent headache.” he said.

Lay sat across you which makes it easier to reach out into his arm. “Lay… I’m sorry~”

“It’s not your fault, Sehee…” he muttered. “I guess I’ll just have to get used to it!” he showed a faint smile.

“Where are they? Are they watching us right now?” Chanyeol looked around.

“They surrounded the neighborhood within a fifty yard radius… And yes, they're watching!” he sighed.

“Well, they can this!” Chanyeol raised a middle finger in the air.

“Lay? Are you sure you’re gonna be okay?” you asked and he nodded with an assuring smile. “You better eat then…”

As Exo’s healer slowly tried to eat, you looked around at their faces. They were calm and composed given the looming danger waiting for them outside. Kai was still the same playful boy who kept pestering Seri, DO and Xiumin never ran out of subjects to talk about, and being the bottomless pit that they are, your brother and Chen kept shoving any food they can get their hands on. ‘Glad to see my boys still abnormal!’ you chuckle.

“Great to see you smile again. I don’t wanna see Ace growing up like his mom, grumpy!” Kris whispered.

“Aish!” you punched his arm.

“Unnie! We’ll go now!” Seri stood.

“Okay! You guys be careful, a’right?” she nodded and you pointed a finger to Tao and Kai. “Stay away from trouble!”

“Of course!” they answered.

But then, Kris suddenly ordered Chen, Baekhyun, and Xiumin. “Go with them! Don’t let anyone get near Seri! And you know who I’m talking about!”

“NEH!!!” they also stood.

“Kris! Tao told me everything already…” Seri turned to him. “I don’t think Yongguk oppa will let any of his guys hurt me.” she said.

Kris placed both elbows on the table and clasped his hands together. “This is just a precaution, Seri. I don’t like the idea of you being surrounded by those Mato’s with only two of them guarding you.”

“Okay…” she sighed.

As they reach the doorstep, you felt at ease upon seeing Tao place a beanie over your sister’s head and a scarf around her neck. ‘Thanks Tao…’ your lips curled into a smile.

“I can do that too, y’know!?” Kris whispered.

“Yah! What’s up with you?” you scrunched your face.

“Nothing! I just wanna make you smile!” he ruffled your hair and you turned to the remaining Exo. “Do you see me smiling?” you pointed your face and he stuck his tongue out. “By the way guys…” they all stopped eating. “I think we should tell Shin everything… In that way, we don’t have to make up excuses anymore when something happens if he’s around.”

“I think so too…” DO blurted. “Shin hyung has been asking me a lot of questions lately about where we came from, what we do before we met Seri and Sehee, even about our parents… ” he said.

You waited for a response from any of them but it was Suho who spoke up. “Okay. We will tell him later…”

“Thanks!” you breathe.

You continued to eat but couldn’t help noticing Luhan, sitting and eating on the farthest chair, all by himself. He stared at his plate as he chewed and you actually never heard his voice since you woke up. “Kris? Is Luhan okay?” you whispered to your seatmate.

“I guess so…” he looked at him. “Probably got tired from last night.” he added.

Yet you still stood and took the empty chair beside him. “LuLu? Gwenchana?”

“Mhmmm…” he chewed.

“Was it because I yelled at you last night? I’m really sorry…” you placed a hand on his shoulder and noticed him gulped.

“Of course not, Sehee…” he shook his head. “I’m just tired…” he forced a smile.

“Okay… Lemme know if you need anything. I’ll be upstairs!” you his hair and he nodded.

Lay took your spot right after you left. He placed an arm around his shoulder and gave him a pat. “Bro! What’s wrong? Huh? You don’t have to keep anything from me…”

“I dunno man… I have this feeling that BAP’s leader has deep feelings for Sehee. I don’t think she’s just a friend to him.” he blew out an air.

“So? It’s not like she likes him back. You’re not supposed to feel threatened or jealous over a traitor!” he smirked.

“What if he tries to get her back?” he worried and clenched his fist. “I can compete with Kris and Suho, but not with an old flame.”

“Dude! You’re thinking too much! Sehee and that bastard were just friends!” Lay patted his back. “Just chill with it!

“Mhmmm…” he continued eating.

But as he was about to take another bite, Lay stood with weary eyes towards your room. “! He’s here!”