The Choices

Two Moons

 

Another morning came. A girl sat on a porch all bundled for the cold day. Her knees were bent that she can rest her chin on top of it. Her eyes were set on the snowy yard, trying to think the best possible way to make a decision. A decision that kept her awake the entire night and proved to be the hardest that she would rather not make it had there been other options.

“You’re thinking too much, Sehee…” Baekhyun came and sat.

You looked at him. He was always the calm spirited fighter who never complained at Seri’s nagging. He was always the one who shows up when you least expect it.

“This is hard, Baek!” you said. “If only I could leave any of you out of this, I would! But I know that Bang needs a hand...”

He then placed an arm around your shoulder. “Look Sehee… Even if you close your eyes and randomly points at anyone, we will still support you! Exo are like brothers. We may have different personalities and powers, but we all share the same feelings and thoughts.” he smiled. “We will be happy for those guys you choose coz they get to fulfill the promise which we can’t!”

You leaned your head on his shoulder. “How ‘bout this?” he pulled you closer. “I thought of volunteering myself to stay behind!” you raised your head to him. “You don’t have to choose me. I will stay here to protect Seri and Sehun the best way I can. Okay?”

You smiled. “Thank you, Baek! I appreciate it!”

You rested your head back to him and he started giving a lecture about life in Mato. He explained what the inhabitants were like, what weakens them, and also their strengths. It’s as if a huge blackboard stood across when he sketched random shapes on it while you watched and listened.

“Bro… Can I talk to Sehee for a minute?” Luhan suddenly appeared from behind.

“Sure…” he pinched your cheek and stood. “Later princess…” he left and you smiled.

Luhan took his spot and you instantly wrapped your arms around his side. After placing your head on the crook of his neck, his soft lips landed on your head. “I love you…” he said.

“I love you too, Luhan…”

“Babe?” he whispered, you looked at him. “Whether it’s gonna be me or someone else, nothing will change. I will still be your LuLu who will love you eternally.”

“Thank you…” you smiled.

Luhan kept you on his side for as long as he can. He knows you are about to leave with no assurance of coming back.

Another voice came from behind, but this time, it came with dreaded words. “Sehee, I’m sorry but you have to do it now…” Yongguk said.

You glanced at Luhan and he replied with an assuring smile. “Let’s go…”

He stood up, took your hand, and gently tugged you into the house.

Yongguk leaned against a wall while watching you stand in front of Exo in the living room. Luhan remained by your side, Seri took a spot beside Tao, and the rest scattered in the couches.

Their faces were eager. Not a trace of hesitance came off them and your heart grew heavier by the minute. From all of the choices, Tao was out of the question given how much Seri needs him. Kai was also out of it for you clearly know where he belongs. Given that Baekhyun had volunteered to stay, it left you with nine guys.

After taking a deep breath, you gripped Luhan’s hand.

“Kris…” you gulped.

His eyes closed and breathed a sigh of relief. After standing up, he went to your side and kissed your head. “Thank you…” he whispered and you smiled.

Even when there’s only one spot left, their faces never changed. They were still eager and looking forward for their names to be called.

“Suho…”

Luhan’s grip loosened. You saw him drop his head as if a huge boulder came down with it. It was painful and unbearable, yet you fought the urge to be weakened.

“Sehun-ah!” DO shouted when he saw your brother running away towards the stairs.

“Oh no…” you choked.

“I’ll talk to him…” Suho said.

“No. I should do it…” you sighed.