98. No pressure

This is the Choi Family

Mingyu was watching Chan crawl around on the mat, as he munched on his afternoon snack. The others were playing with uncle Jun and uncle Jeonghan, while Seungcheol hyung, Jihoon hyung, Wonwoo hyung and uncle Hoshi were busy doing something in the dining room. Uncle Joshua was out shopping alone, since the others were all busy.

Seeing Chan trying to climb the sofa, Mingyu scooted closer just in case. "Chanie, you can do it!" he cheered.

Chan sat on his bottom, frustrated that he couldn't go where he wanted to and scratched at the sofa cushion, the only part he could reach while siting. Seeing Chan close to tears, Mingyu lifted him up on his feet, a couple steps further away from the couch.

"There's no such thing as free lunch, the teacher once said." Mingyu explained, hoping that Chan would understand. Just helping Chan get whatever he wants won't help him learn. By helping him up on his feet a few steps away, he'd have to walk more.

Hopping onto the couch himself, he opened his arms and waited for Chan. "Come're."

Chan spotted his favorite hyung a top the couch and waddled forward, arms also reaching out. "Hoong!"

"Yes, hyung is here."

Chan arrived right before the couch, no stumbling no stopping. Now that he was standing, the height of the seat was a little below his armpits, he should be able to climb up.

"Come on now, hyung is right here waiting~"

Chan made some struggling noises as he grabbed the couch by the cover, pulling himself up. "Hooooonggggg" he complained. "Hewp meeee"

Chan maybe smaller than others his age in terms of size, but all his baby teeth were almost all out and his brain is definitely more developed. 

"No Channie, I don't have strength either. I worked really hard to get up here and I'm tired. You can do it, come up here." Mingyu said. He was rather convincing for the young Chan, as Chan continued to try.

"No pressure, my friends say. You can do it."

"Hnnnnggggggg---!!!" Chan got his upper body and a leg on the couch, just one more leg and he'd be fully on the couch all by himself.

"Almost there Chan! Just a little more!" Mingyu took out one piece of fruit gummy from his afternoon snack before he stuffed the rest of them into his pocket at watched Chan earnestly. Chan turned over and pulled himself all the way onto the couch!

"Yaaaaaay!!!! Chan is so strong!!!!" Mingyu cheered, giving the gummy to Chan. Chan clapped his small hands and accepted the gummy, straight from Mingyu's hand. "Good job~"

"Hoong!" Chan pounced onto Mingyu, who gave him his well deserved hug. "My baby Chan is growing so strong~ one day you can lift me just like I can life you!"

------------

In the dining room, the crew were looking at the documents that Jun helped them compile. Organized by order of events, the information was no small amount. Jun still hasn't said who knew about Seungmin, but Seungcheol knew not to hurry him, that Jun is doing his best. 

From Wonwoo's mother stealing Wonwoo's phone, to the hacker who provoked the public's interest in Woozi's identity, to signing Woozi into CSC Entertainment, to digging up Seungmin. All of this started with Seungcheol's father. If only he wasn't so impulsive in declaring a cousin as his heir, Seungcheol could of escaped the spotlight earlier with or without that position. All this father did as he declared someone else his heir, was solidify Seungcheol's resolve. His father never loved his children, it was all pride and Seungcheol doesn't want any part of it.

Flipping through the last few pages, something caught his attention. It seems that there's only one article of it published, nobody else noticed it. Reading it's content, it was easy to tell why it didn't catch a lot of attention. The title, 'The replacement heir that Mr. Choi found shuts down many long term projects. What is of the future of this company?' was very eye catching. Since Jun found it, it must contain something he must see. 

'Choi Hyunwoo shuts down several expensive oversea ventures and replaces people around him. Mr. Choi has invested more than enough millions on these projects, shareholders alike, are confused of his decisions. The shipping company ran under Mr. Choi's care was sold and bought by a rival company, causing the board to go insane. They demand an explanation as to why he did such things and how he sold and stopped things so fast, but there is no answer.'

There was no need to read more. Seungcheol understood. His favorite cousin is also just trying to do his best. "Hyunwoo hyung..."

Doing the things he did, Hyunwoo must have some kind of plan. He wasn't going to stop Seungcheol from removing him from office, but does that mean he didn't want the position? Seeing as only one news company got wind of it and disappeared the next day, his father must have shut them up with money.

"I wonder if Hyunwoo hyung is okay..." Hoshi said. He didn't know him as well as his own cousin, but he did see him at functions before.

"He knows what he's doing. If he's doing this to help us, I can't thank him enough."

If he could protect Hyunwoo hyung as well, it would be fine. But Seungcheol's hands can only reach so far. He could only try.

"Once this blows over, you have one less thing to worry about. Ah, I don't mean to pressure you." Hoshi said. "Ah, same with Hoonie, I don't mean to pressure you. You can go at your own pace. I'm grateful for you help regardless of the outcome."

When people say no pressure, it actually gives others pressure. Wonwoo thought. Giving Jihoon a pat on the shoulder he tried to comfort him.

Even a pat on the shoulder is pressure. Jihoon thought.

"Hm?" Mingyu walked in with a clingy Chan on his leg. "Pressure? No pressure, my friend said."

*Sigh...........*