7. Wonnie hyung

This is the Choi Family

It was finally break time. Jihoon packed his textbooks into his backpack before zooming out into the halls. Quickly arriving at the tree outside like this morning, he sat down and spread out the books and pulled out his snack. Waiting patiently, he fidgeted with the chip bag in his grasp. He was a bit hungry but he wanted to wait for Wonwoo, he also wanted to share with Wonwoo so he was in a real dilemma. Fidgeting for a little more, fast steps were heard approaching. Turning around to find the source, Wonwoo jumped on him. 

"BOO!" Jihoon jumped a foot high, figuratively. 

"H-Hyu-ng!!" Wonwoo laughed at his reaction, hunched over, shoulders shaking and all. 

"Haha! Jihoonie got scareeedd hahaha!!" 

The corners of Jihoon's mouth twitched into a small smile. 

"H-hyung..." he whined.

"I know I know. I'll stop doing it okay?" 

Wonwoo quickly sat down next to Jihoon under the shade. Jihoon finally popped open his chips and ate, occasionally giving some to Wonwoo. 

"Is this what you learned today?" Jihoon nodded. Wonwoo read it over quickly to refresh his memory. 

"I remember this. Here let's write it all out." 

Every break, Jihoon would bring textbooks with the stuff he learned the day before and that morning for Wonwoo to read. Jihoon was a bit slow at picking up school topics because of his autism but Wonwoo always took the time to teach and teach again just for Jihoon. That's how Jihoon has been keeping up in this normal high school. It was not a good thing that he was put in a class full of 'normal' kids but it was a good thing that he could keep up and stay with Wonwoo. Wonwoo enjoyed helping Jihoon anyway. 

"Our Jihoonie~ drink some water okay? Don't choke on those dry chips." he cooed, when he noticed Jihoon his lips.

"Ungh." 

Jihoon worked hard to commit what Wonwoo just taught him to memory when he remembered Mingyu's request. 

"Wonwoo hyung... over?" Wonwoo sighed. A small smile and a quiet chuckle escaped his lips when he thought of the most probable reason for this request.

"Mingyu that kid... he wants me to come over again?" Jihoon nodded. Wonwoo shook his head. 

"Aigoo, he's going to torture me with all that excitement of his. Okay, how about a sleepover on Friday? I'll stay the weekend." Jihoon nodded his head frantically. Wonwoo loves the kids and often visits, and when he does, Mingyu is always all over him. He's the only person that could handle his roughhousing and Wonwoo doesn't mind.

"Ungh!" 

Wonwoo chuckled at how Jihoon was acting. 

"Stop nodding you bobble head!! You so cute!!!" 

The bell rang indicating the end of break. Pulling Jihoon up on his feet, Wonwoo handed the neatly stacked books to Jihoon. 

"Go on now. We'll meet at lunch." Jihoon nodded. "See you then!"

-------------

Lunchtime. Wonwoo waited patiently for Jihoon to arrive in their private classroom. This classroom hasn't been used in a long time due to it's location so Wonwoo and Jihoon hangout here. Once Wonwoo heard the door slide open, he bounded over to Jihoon and dragged him the chair in front of his laptop. 

"Jihoonie, can you imagine how many listens we've got this week?" 

He stared at Wonwoo and urged him to continue. 

"We've got over 10 million visits and listens! Just in this week!" 

He quickly typed in the username and password on the music site Uprising. 

'Welcome, Woozi.' Flashed on the screen. Wonwoo quickly closed the bubble and pulled up the stats for Jihoon to see. 

"It's on the rise!!! Jihoonie, your music is so popular~!" Jihoon's mouth twitched into a smile, his face flushed red in happiness.

Wonwoo and Jihoon are the 2 figures behind the internet famous composer Woozi. When Wonwoo first started hanging out with Jihoon, he didn't know about his savant syndrome and was only helping as Jihoon's tutor through school. Wonwoo was working for the tutoring center on campus for extra credit. It was when Jihoon was fiddling with Wonwoo's laptop in break one day that Wonwoo learned that Jihoon had an affinity for music. They started with singing along to the radio (mainly Wonwoo, Jihoon clapping along) when they had nothing better to do until Wonwoo showed Jihoon how to play the guitar. Jihoon picked it up so fast Wonwoo was beyond shocked. He later understood what savant syndrome really meant and was happy to expose Jihoon to more music. When Wonwoo finally scrapped enough money to buy Jihoon a birthday gift, he bought a membership to the most popular new musicians site: Uprising. For the past few years, they have been working together making music. Jihoon wrote really nice lyrics and music, but because of his stutter he had no confidence in putting his voice in. So, he decided Wonwoo would sing for him. Wonwoo and Jihoon make Woozi.

Jihoon pressed play on the laptop, fiddling with his new project. 

"Have you come up with a title yet?" Wonwoo asked, peeking over his shoulder. 

"Ungh. Hello." 

A moderate beat complimented by the piano and snaps drifted out of the speakers. Wonwoo nodded along to the beat. 

"I already know it's going to be a hit." Jihoon's mouth twitched into a small smile. 

"I'll be checking out the feed okay? Call me when you need me." 

Wonwoo sat a few tables away to give Jihoon some space to work. Using his phone, he read and answered some fan comments. 

-------------

School was over, Wonwoo left as he lived in the opposite direction, Jihoon walked to Mingyu's elementary school alone. Arriving at the gates, Mingyu came racing out at the sight of his hyung. 

"Hyung!!!" 

Jihoon caught him mid-run in a hug. 

"Mingoo." 

Mingyu giggled in his arms. Calming down a bit, they walked hand in hand towards the daycare. 

"H-how was y-your day?" Jihoon asked. He would much prefer to use keywords to communicate as shorter sentences and words came up easier and without stutter but he had to practice speaking properly to avoid getting a beating from bullies.

"I learned this and that in class. The best part was when we were drawing. We were drawing cats and dogs. My teacher said that my picture was yoo-neek? Whatever that means, to the other students pictures." Jihoon thought for a while before explaining. 

"Unique...m-means different....ah o-or s-specia-al." Mingyu beamed. 

"My picture is special!!" Jihoon nodded. They picked up the other children and headed home.

Making sure the children are all in the living room with no dangerous objects nearby, Jihoon headed to the kitchen to prepare dinner. Mingyu played with Seokmin, chasing him around the room, as Myungho was watching tv. Hansol and Seungkwan were playing with the blocks when Hansol accidentally knocked Seungkwan's tower over. Seungkwan was about to burst in a fit of tears but didn't as Hansol helped build it back quickly. Hansol knows to apologize and lend a helping hand. Giving Seungkwan a hug, the reconciled and continued their building adventures. Then, as Seungkwan was about to finish off his tower with a triangle on top, Seokmin came running through with Mingyu quick behind. The block he was reaching for was kicked out of range, pout immediately joining his cute chubby cheeks. Getting up slowly to grab the selected piece, he crawled over. Hansol was building a house nearby and also needed a triangle. Spotting the triangle not faraway, he snatched it up and finished his house excitedly. Seungkwan was crawling for that piece, seeing it being taken away, he felt devastated. Ultimately bursting into tears, he wailed. 

"WAAaaaaaa!!!" Hansol was startled by the cry and was beginning to tear up. Mingyu came running back, picking up Seungkwan in one arm and Hansol in the other. Jihoon heard the crying and came rushing over. Seokmin came back looking for Mingyu and saw the 2 babies crying. 

"Seungkwannie and Hansollie aya?" 

Jihoon quickly checked the babies for any redness or swelling, finding none. Mingyu looked back at the blocks where the 2 were playing earlier. 

"Did something happen to their builds?" The tower was incomplete, the house was finished. Not understanding the situation, they decided to distract them. Seokmin brought out their favorite stuffed animals and proceeded to put on a play. Soon enough, the babies calmed down and focused on Seokmin's play. Mingyu sat with them, patting their backs in a soothing manner. The problem wasn't solved but the crisis was diverted. Sometimes the babies have small fights, with no conclusion, but forgetting things is the charm of being young, very forgiving. Once he knew the children were fine, Jihoon went back to cooking dinner. Although he had taken care of Mingyu when he was young, and the others since they were one, he still didn't know if this was the best solution but he let it go. These problems usually never occur anyway. Under Jihoon and Mingyu's influence, the babies are all pretty calm. 

Jihoon thought to himself as he finished dinner preparations, remembering when Mingyu was just a tiny baby in his arms. Amused at how Mingyu turned out, he began thinking about the futures of the other young children as he finished up dinner. They would all turn out amazing, won't they?