66. Let's go to work!

This is the Choi Family

After checking that both Wonwoo and Jihoon were tucked in bed and Joshua was nearby, Seungcheol finally moved to leave. They were discharged as soon as their physicals were done, and they were instructed to bed rest for another week before they were allowed to return to school. Joshua gave him a pat on the shoulder for reassurance. "I've done this for a week, I can do this for another. Don't worry about them and go to work."

"...Right." Today was the rescheduled board meeting, the day to face off with his father. No matter how he looked at it, his father seemed to have the upper hand. Breathing out a loud sigh, he got in his car and drove towards the battlefield.

——————

The board room was loud with chatter, the shareholders and board members talking over each other about everything and anything. The moment he pushed open the door their heads turned but the volume did not decrease. Although they didn't quiet down, they didn't get louder either. Walking over to the seat at the head of the room, everyone sat as he sat, finally quieting down. "Mr. Choi will be here momentarily." His secretary informed. Seungcheol took a look around the room, meeting eyes with several people. Ah, they must think I'm pathetic. They are looking down on me. Straightening his posture and shaking off his emotions, he waited like the rest of them.

The double doors open and his father walked in, a large number of people following behind him. Seungcheol gathered from the official air around them that they must be a team of lawyers. His company must really be bought by his own father. His company.

"Hello everyone, I, the head of the Choi family have a great number of things to present to you." His father sounded smug, a business smile plastered on his old face. The man projected an air of UN-professionalism with the way he swaggered up to his son. "As the most major shareholder of this company, over 51% might I add, I have a proposal for all of you." Seungcheol dropped his head, knowing what was coming next. He was going to loose his company to a good for nothing father. "I would like for your current CEO to step down and for the future business ventures to be regulated by our legal team and commerce department." A murmur drifts around the room, uncertain and solemn faces, and also elated and curious faces. This is the end. I'll have to start over. There's nothing to fear, we've had that decision made. Seungcheol straightened his posture and exuded more confidence. That's right, after long conversations with his closest friends and family, he decided that it was fine.

"WAIT!!!!!" Someone shouted outside the hall. "Who's outside?!" Mr. Choi yelled at his followers. One of them went to open the door only for it to slam open from the other party, scaring but not hitting the person. Squinting his eyes to see the intruder better, Seungcheol shot out of his seat from recognition. 

"Jun?!"

Jun walked with wide strides right to the front of the hall where Seungcheol and his father stood. Jun gave Seungcheol a nod, before turning to the crowd. In that brief eye contact, he could still see the tiredness and pain storming inside, but there was a little something else there too. It's only been 3 days, why is he back?  He knew Jun wasn't in any condition to do anything but grieve but he was standing before him right now. Maybe I should stop him.

"Yah, what are you doing here? Go wait outside and rest." He hissed as he stood next to him. "No, I got this." Jun whispered back.

"I have a better proposal." Walking over to the laptop on the podium, he pulled up the site that held the top shareholders of major companies. "As you can see, Mr. Choi is the top shareholder of this company right now. What percentage did you quote earlier?" Jun asked.

"I have over 51%! I have the right to do as I please to this company!" "Ah-sir, wait-" "Shut up!" Mr. Choi spoke over one of his lawyers. Jun smirked, his tired expression making him look more sinister. "Do you really have 51% though?"

"T-that sir, please-" I said shut up! YOU! Tell me what is going on!" Mr. Choi raged as he picked another person from the team behind him to explain. "I-it's as he says. W-we haven't obtained f-fifty one yet..." Everyone one of his legal team cowered before the man. "I told you to do that as soon as possible! What were you all doing?!" 

"It seems Mr. Choi here was bluffing about that 51% to convince everyone to follow his rules."

"NO! I still hold the most power in this company!! I demand Choi Seungcheol gets removed!!" 

"It is true that you hold the most, but that is less than 50%. In that event, what do we do CEO Choi Seungcheol-ssi?" Jun turned back to Seungcheol with a confident smile.

"...we have to vote." he answered in a daze. Wait, if his father has less than 50%, they vote. Less than 50% made every shareholder have equal footing. It was kind of unfair, but Seungcheol made the rules that way in the beginning. Then he might be able to keep his company! 

But wait, some people were happy...

"So! Let's vote on this right now."

------------2 hours later

"Hello everyone, this meeting is coming to an end. All votes are in, all votes are final. The results are in, and it is in my hands." Jun announced. Seungcheol was sitting at the edge of his seat. His knee bounced rapidly, maybe annoying the person next to him. Clasping his hands together, he prayed to every god he knew of. 

"43 to 57,..." Jun dragged out. Seungcheol was going to strangle him if he wasn't in front of the people who could decide the fate of his company. 

"43 for and 57 against. The CEO stays."

Applause from all sides, Seungcheol stood up slowly. He kept his company. He did it. 

"I...Thank you everyone. For trusting me as the CEO. I will work extra hard to make sure your investments won't go to waste."

Jun gave him double thumbs up, the board members all clapped for him again, his father scowled. The legal team slipped away, Mr. Choi stomped towards the door. 

"Oh! And Mr. Choi, if you plan on selling all 48% of your shares, the Moon Enterprise wouldn't mind taking it off your hands."

-------------

"So what are you doing back here?" Seungcheol asked once they were alone.

"I'm here to save your thick . Feel honored, I came just for you." Jun chuckled, throwing an arm over Seungcheol's shoulder. "I'm heading right back now." 

".......Won't you come see the children for a while?" Seungcheol hesitantly asked. The children have said that they missed him, but Seungcheol didn't know if he was holding up well enough to be happy in front of others.

"...Later. I mean next time. I....I have to go this time." 

"Okay, it's okay. I won't tell them that you were here today."

"Thanks. Do tell Joshua hyung and Hoshi hi for me."

"Of course."