61. Withholding information

This is the Choi Family

Sorry for the delay

-------------
 

Ever since Wonwoo was wheeled into the spot next to Jihoon and Jun found out that Myungho wasn't his Myungho, he wasn't mentally present. Seungcheol didn't know what to do for him either, so he did what he could and had all the kids tested and had all their medical history refreshed and newly inputted in the hospital records. Aside from Myungho's records, nothing else wrong. Jun had done so much to find his nephew. He searched overseas, traced the ship to Sokcho, tracked every illegal baby, narrowed things down and narrowed them down again. Myungho's blood test results tell them the same as they had known, and the length of Myungho's bones confirms that the papers were right about his age. From his DNA they proved that his heritage is Chinese, but he can't be Jun's nephew just because he wasn't type RH-AB.

Seungcheol even got an avuncular DNA test done between Jun and Myungho to be extra sure but the results remained the same. Their little Myungho was not blood related to Jun, Myungho was not his sister's child. Jun questioned himself over and over where it went wrong, furiously messaging and calling his crew that did the work for him to confirm and confirm again. He shut himself off from his friends and left the hospital dejected and sad. Seungcheol wanted to be there for him but Joshua shushed him and went after Jun himself, telling Seungcheol that the children needed him.

At this moment, the children were all napping except for Mingyu who was intently listening to Hoshi's story. Seungcheol could hear that Hoshi and Mingyu were talking but the words weren't registering in his brain. Deciding to take a breather, he left the room silently and went outside. Sitting on a nearby bench, his phone decided that it was the perfect timing to ring. Grumbling as he pulled out his phone, the caller ID read Jeonghan. "Hello?" he said.

"Hey, I just wanted to check up on you. I saw the news about your father."

Hearing Jeonghan mentioning the situation only pulled another sigh from his lips. "That's not the only thing going on right now." Seungcheol launched into a mini rant about the bus accident which led Jeonghan to ask about the kids.

"The kids are okay, Wonwoo is in a medically induced coma, Jihoon is sleeping off the anesthesia, it's a real mess." He blurted out. He spoke as if he was numb to the whole situation but he was actually really stressed. The moment he worded out what was going on to Jeonghan he couldn't help but feel the events piling up on him. Again the thought of his father not choosing him as heir, the company is being threatened, the whole Yoon family thing being swept under the rug, the kids might need therapy, Jihoon and Wonwoo were still out cold, the entire incident could possibly be planned, everything just keeps piling up. 

"Whoa, that is a lot to take in. I can't believe this all happened within a day of each other." Seungcheol hummed in agreement. "I don't have a lot to offer but I could look into somethings from my end. The bus accident seems too coincidental to be and accident. What's your father's response to this?" Now that he thought about it, his father hasn't made a single peep. Usually, with such high profile people, their every movement their every breath could be at danger of being exposed into the internet. So why is there nothing in the news about the kids? It was a big deal for his parents to accept the children into the family, but where are the reporters now? 

"I'm almost certain that he has something to do with this. Someone must be holding the press down. Something is fishy." If his father was holding back the information that his adoptive kids were hurt in an accident, what was he doing? Maybe some black mail? If anything, the moment someone finds out the kids are in the hospital that isn't being suppressed by his father, his perfect image would be ruined. What other reasons are out there for someone to withhold information?

Either way, they were at a pause on all their plans, the situation calling for a reconsideration. There was a lot of information that they were missing and there wasn't Jun around to help speed up the process. After Jeonghan reassured Seungcheol that things will work out one day, Seungcheol ended the call and headed over to Jihoon and Wonwoo's room.

Walking into the room, he was immediately shocked by a bleary eyed Jihoon. "Jihoon!" He nearly yelled. Rushing over to his side, he pressed the call button for the doctors to come and sat down. "How are you feeling? Anything uncomfortable?" Jihoon's bruises were coming into full color, the green spreading out from under the dark purple. Jihoon made no sound or movement which scared Seungcheol a little bit but he could tell Jihoon was paying attention since his tired eyes were following Seungcheol's every tick. Holding Jihoon's smaller pale hand in his own, he squeezed to show comfort. "Everything's going to be alright. The kids are okay, you are okay, Wonwoo is recovering. We're going to be okay." The words sounded more like he reassuring himself than reassuring Jihoon. At the mention of the kids, Jihoon's eyes widened a fraction before he tried to get up off the bed. Seungcheol noticed immediately and pushed him back onto the bed tutting him. "Ah ah ah tsk. Don't get up, you need rest. The kids are fine, you don't believe me?" Jihoon struggled against Seungcheol for a little longer before the fatigue settled in again. Why wasn't the doctor coming? Seungcheol tried his best to fill Jihoon in on the situation but he could tell Jihoon's attention was fading. "It's okay baby, you can go back to sleep. I'l talk to the doctors when they come." 

With that, Jihoon drifted off to sleep once again leaving Seungcheol with the beeps of his and Wonwoo's heart monitors. Seungcheol thought of his words again and mentally berated himself for calling Jihoon baby when he didn't even know where the name came from. He decided it's because he's finally that close to the kids that his affection for them has crossed into true familial love. Yea, familial love. The doctor came in cutting off his train of thought