38. Gratitude

This is the Choi Family

Wonwoo had returned home the day his mother and Seungcheol fought at the hospital.

He was going to quietly survive through the night and think about the future later. Entering the house he realized that his overbearing mother and trophy father weren't home. Thinking those two must of been out at a function or something, he slinked into his room only to be frozen stiff at the sight. 

His desk was swiped clean, the items on top swept to the ground, his clock smashed to pieces. The curtains were ripped out from the rod it hung from, the bed torn up in a mess. Wonwoo took in the sight, realizing with evidence that his mother wasn't sane, especially when it came to him. Snapping out of his reverie he remembered his music equipment. Rushing into his closet to see the same destruction, he dug through his clothes looking for the chest. After a little rummaging, he uncovered his chest, the lock still intact. Releasing a breath he didn't even know he was holding, he grabbed a nearby suitcase and packed what wasn't broken.

Picking up his phone, he dialed the only number under the family category. It rang awhile before it was picked up.

"H-h-hello? Wonwoo-h-hyung?" Jihoon's voice came through from the other end.

"Hey buddy, mind if I stay over?" The moment those words left his mouth, several voices began screaming variations of yes and come over now. Jihoon must of put me on speaker. Chuckling into the receiver, he passed the phone to the other ear, dragging the suitcase towards the door. "I'm going to bring our equipment over, is Seungcheol in?" The equipment that Jihoon uses to compose Woozi's music was all cared for by Wonwoo. They bought them together by saving their allowances, and Wonwoo kept them since Jihoon was still at the orphanage at that time. Everything else his mother could destroy, but this equipment, he was going to protect with his life. Jihoon really cherishes them. There was a quiet, "mm-mm." telling him that Jihoon's older brother wasn't in. 

Even if he trusted him with Jihoon and company, Seungcheol was still a business man. He couldn't risk Seungcheol exploiting Woozi if he ever found out. 

-------------

Wonwoo pushed his suitcase into Mingyu and Jihoon's room, moving fast in case the kids come barreling in. Wouldn't want the kids to play with the equipment. Pushing the chest under Jihoon's bed, he dusted off his hands and moved to join the kids. 

"O-ok?" Jihoon asked as soon as he spotted Wonwoo. He nodded his head yes, moving to sit next to him. Baby Chan crawled into his lap from Jihoon's hands, tiny fists clenching at his shirt. The kids pranced around him playing with each other, excited to have a hyung around. "You better play with me this time Wonnie hyung!!" Cheered Mingyu. Wonwoo agreed immediately. "Of course, I'll be around for awhile, we have tons of time together." 

------------

During the second half of school, Wonwoo finally noticed that the usual bullies weren't around. Pulling a person aside, he asked them of their whereabouts. "I heard they have been kicked out by instructions from above. Rumor has it that the Choi Seungcheol came personally to remove them." Understanding immediately, he wished for class to be over sooner. 

Rushing out to meet Jihoon at the gate, he jumped on his friend's back. "Guess what, Jihoonie! Your bullies have all been kicked out! You wouldn't believe what I heard!" Jihoon stumbled along the sidewalk bringing them towards Mingyu's school. "Wha-*huff* -w-what d-did you h-hear?" Jihoon puffed, hoisting Wonwoo higher. Wonwoo giggled into Jihoon's hair, playing with the soft inky mess. "I heard that Seungcheol was the one who kicked them out!" Jihoon immediately dropped Wonwoo and turned to look him in the eyes. "R-really?" Wonwoo who stumbled for his balance nodded rapidly. "Really!" Wonwoo watched as Jihoon's eyes twinkled. Admiration, amazement. Jihoon bumbled with awe, tugging repeatedly on Wonwoo's sleeve. Wonwoo nodded along, bringing his friend back on track towards the elementary school.

"Be sure to thank him later okay?" Jihoon grinned, a little twitch in his cheek. "Or maybe you can phone him once we get home." Seungcheol hadn't called in awhile so it was time they phoned him first. Maybe ask from him to come over as well.

-----------

Hi!

Shorter chapter because somebody is getting on a plane in less than 24 hours~! Too excited to focus on writing! Sorry not sorry! :D

BlueMoonStone