34. Smartphones save more data than you think

This is the Choi Family

Wonwoo was over at Jihoon's for the weekend. Jihoon was taking a shower while the kids were enraptured by the tv when Jihoon's phone rang. Wonwoo left cleaning the dining table and picked it up expecting Seungcheol, but the caller ID read Mr. Choi. Assuming it was the kids' adoptive parents, he decided not to pick up the phone. He didn't want to intrude on a family matter, even though he knew family with Jihoon meant the kids and him. Leaving it to ring on the table, he contemplated. Would it be wrong to pick up the call? Jihoon couldn't handle conversations with adults; his jittery persona didn't allow for someone larger, older, more intimidating to hold a normal conversation. He didn't have to think any longer, the phone quickly stopped ringing. Thinking nothing of it, he was going to leave it until Jihoon got back. As he turned to get back to cleaning, a message dinged, lighting up the screen once more. Picking the phone up again, he read the message. He didn't have to read long to find out that what he thought of these adoptive parents was true, and it was extremely upsetting. It mentioned this person's contribution in money, how the children should be grateful, over all it was a summary of all the things they "provided" to give the children a "better" living situation. The last few words made Wonwoo screw is face up in anger. "Don't associate with Seungcheol. You're only burdening him with your presence. Don't make me regret adopting you." Wonwoo was pretty sure these parents didn't even want Jihoon and company to begin with. This only reinforced that thought. These parents weren't parents, they were more like sponsors. Not an ounce of love for the orphans, just giving money for face. It didn't matter what happen to the kids, as long as it made them look nice on the outside. 

Wonwoo heard Jihoon turn off the water, so he quickly deleted the messages. Jihoon didn't need to worry his tired brain over these matters. Removing the call log as well, he quickly went back to cleaning up. Jihoon appeared in the kitchen soon after, grabbing a cup of water. Hair still wet, a towel hanging around his neck, he looked really fluffy in his shorts and large tee. "Hyung?" Jihoon called, noticing Wonwoo's insistence on wiping a sparkling clean table. "U-uh h-huh?" Wonwoo completely missed Jihoon's entrance, mind working miles a minute. Seeing his cute dongsaeng(younger brother) with wet hair and rosy cheeks he couldn't help but sigh. "Jihoon-ah, you can't leave your hair wet. You'll catch a cold." Moving over towards Jihoon, he grabbed the towel around Jihoon's neck and began rubbing his hair dry. "Such a baby, how are you taking care of the other babies? Hm?" He cooed. Jihoon appeared to like the babying, face turning pinker and grasping Wonwoo's shirt in a tiny fist. "Hyunnng~" He whined. Wonwoo chuckled at his behavior. Cute.

The children were cooperative, everyone warm and fluffy, one of the easier days to put them to bed. Wonwoo was dragged by Mingyu to sleep with him, his big frame surrounding the not so small child. "Good night, Wonnie hyung." Wonwoo smiled at the sleepy little one, and pulled him closer. "Good night, Minggu, sweet dreams."

Jihoon checked everyone was tucked into bed, safe and sound before heading to his own bed and burrowing under. He wished for everyday to be this happy, this fun.

-----------

Seungcheol was sitting in his office, a pen stuck between his nose and upper lip, pouting as he sat dazed. Nothing was going on, no one had any problems, the day was a slow day. Recording wasn't until later in the day, his father's company didn't need him, his own company didn't need him, he literally sat there since the work day started. Boring. Letting the pen roll off onto his lap, he pulled out his phone to text Joshua, who should be at his newly opened cafe.

Coups: Shuuuuuaaaaaaaa-yaaaaaaah

It took a while but his faithful cousin replied.

Shua-yah: What is it?

Seungcheol smiled stupidly, the immediate response made him feel happy.

Coups: Are you busy?

Shua-yah: A little, but I'm free. What's up?

Coups: Just wanted something to do. I'm bored.

Shua-yah: There's no work to do?

Coups: nothing important at the moment. Noooottthhhhiiiiinnnggggg

Shua-yah: Ya big baby, can't stand not doing anything can ya?

Coups:  ๐·°(৹˃̵﹏˂̵৹)°·๐

Shua-yah: >_>

Coups: (。•́︿•̀。)

Shua-yah: ....

Shua-yah: I'll come by with coffee and snacks later

Coups: My savior~ ٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و

Shua-yah: bother me later, I'm going to work

Coups: (  °͈▵°͈)

Shua-yah:.... stay off the anime bro, bai.

Coups: o(*>ω<*)o c uuuuuuuuu

Not enough. Next target. Hoshi.

Coups: When. You. Going. To. Get. Here.

HamziHoshi: When. I. Have. To.

Coups: Hurry. Up.

HamziHoshi: Why. Are. We. Txting. Like. This.

Coups: I was just emphasizing my words

HamziHoshi: .............

HamziHoshi: Why you need me right now?

HamziHoshi: Recording starts at lunch

Coups: Cuz yaboi, ya homie is bored

Coups: Come make me not bored

Coups: I'm. Bored.

HamziHoshi: fine fine I'm almost there anyway

HamziHoshi: need anything?

Coups: A source of entertainment.

HamziHoshi: Idk if I should take that as a compliment since I am an entertainer or not cuz your contacting me just cuz you need entertainment

Coups: I luv u bebe 

HamziHoshi: you big puppy.

Just as he was going to continue his banter with his dear brother, another message popped up at the top of the screen. Seeing it was Jun, he was going to bother Jun too when he read the message.

HandsomeJun: I've intercepted a message from your dad to Jihoon. You should have a look.

Seungcheol read the message, his blood boiling from the words. His father asked Jihoon to stay away from him. Said they were a burden to him. Getting angry again, he was interrupted by another message from Jun.

HandsomeJun: You should go check on the children. There is a log that says that Jihoon read it.

He began to panic. Typing frantically, he asked about when it was sent, if Jihoon replied or anything, Jun responded that it was a few days ago and Jihoon didn't reply. What if Jihoon started avoiding him? He didn't exactly visit them or contact them for the past few days. What if they believed his father's words? That can't happen. He dialed Jihoon's number only to reach voicemail. Dialing the next best person, he prayed that the other would pick up. 

"Hello?" He breathed a breath he didn't know he was holding. "Wonwoo, I-" he didn't know what to say. "Uh, are the kids okay?" He asked awkwardly. He could hear the confusion in Wonwoo's voice when he answered. 

"Yeah? They're fine. Is something wrong?" Wonwoo is close to Jihoon right? Like really really close right? Jihoon would have told him about the message, right? "Uh, did...did Jihoon tell you about a message?" He cringed at his own cryptic words. As if anyone could understand him at this point. His brain was mush with panic. Wonwoo seemed to understand just fine though. Must be his expertise in childcare. 

"You mean the message from your dad? I know about it." Seungcheol gulped, fearing Wonwoo's next words. "Jihoon didn't see it. I deleted it as soon as I read it." Now he was confused. Jihoon didn't read it? But Wonwoo did. What was going on again? 

"What do you mean? I- then what's going on? You-I- meruuuhhh???" He became incoherent with confusion. Psyduck's powers must of reached right out of his computer screen. "Jihoon was busy at the moment so I took a look at his phone. The message was ugly."  

Seungcheol began pacing in his office. It seems pacing is the new habit. Especially in his office. "You- Don't believe the message. Please don't tell me you believe the message."

"You're okay, hyung. I kind of knew your parents weren't good people, the message only confirmed it for me. I know the children aren't a burden to you. You seem so happy when you're around them." Wonwoo paused before continuing, unsure. "They aren't a burden, are they?" The tone of his voice was serious. No joking around like he usually does. Seungcheol shook his head vigorously even though Wonwoo couldn't see it. "nononononononnono NO! No, they aren't a burden, never think that. Nope. Please let me be around them." Wonwoo chuckled on the other end, much to Seungcheol's relief. "I'm not keeping you from them. The kids like having you around. Let's just ignore the message all together. Aren't they somewhere around the world? They can't do anything about this situation anyway." Wonwoo's reassurance cleared the fear in his heart, warming up slowly into a fuzzy kind of feeling. "Thank you," a soft smile on his lips. "I promise to be over sometime soon so we can talk more." Wonwoo made an affirmative noise and they chatted a little more before ending the call. Turns out Jihoon was in class at the time, apart from Wonwoo, who was in a different one, in self study.

Hoshi showed up soon after, and he was quickly distracted from the matters that just transpired. Sending a quick thank you to Jun and a promise to buy him a meal, he left the building with a tired hamzi in tow.