21. Beach

This is the Choi Family

 After the long needed nap, Seungcheol took them all out to the beach. A small part of the ocean was sectioned out by cones and buoys, a lifeguard nearby. Blue green waters and fine sand beneath their little feet. The children were excited.

"Surprise, kids!!! Our own little beach!!!" Seungcheol had reserved part of the beach and had hired lifeguards to watch the children with them. The 3 kids screamed in excitement, running towards the sand. Wonwoo ran after them, yelling for them to be careful, also sporting a large smile. Jihoon walked with baby Chan in his arms as Seungcheol guided Seungkwan and Hansol slowly. They were practicing walking and with Seungcheol's strong arms always ready to catch them, they were getting better and faster at getting the hang of it. 

-------------

Seokmin and Myungho built large sand castles with the help of some lifeguards, while Mingyu kicked in the water, learning how to swim with Seungcheol.

"That's right Mingyu, keep kicking, legs straight. Hyung's got you." Holding Mingyu's tiny hands, he walked backwards in the water slowly.

"Now we're going to move the arms too. Remember windmills back in kindergarten? Do the same thing, careful now." Mingyu moved his arms awkwardly, Seungcheol correcting him every so often, feeding him encouragement and praise whenever he could. 

Jihoon watched seated on the sand, water lapping at his ankles. Baby Chan had fallen asleep and was sleeping in the shade with some maids watching over him. It took a while for Seungcheol to get him to let go of Chan and trust the maids, but eventually he realized that Chan can't possibly go anywhere anyway. He wasn't so much as worried that the maids would run off with baby Chan, Wonwoo did that for him, checking Chan every couple minutes. Watching how Mingyu's eyes lit up in excitement, the way he scrunched his nose in concentration, Jihoon found him looking at a very happy boy. He doesn't remember the last time he had time to spare for Mingyu, just to play with him or just be together alone. Once the orphanage had received more children, Jihoon and Mingyu being the older ones had to help out in the facility. Not to mention there wasn't anyone Jihoon's age around, children near Mingyu's age weren't many either. Jihoon's lips twitched into a small smile, fingers drawing patterns in the sand by his side. He's glad Seungcheol was the one to make Mingyu smile so. Wonwoo sat up abruptly from where he was buried by the kids and sat down next to Jihoon. Patting the sand from his limbs ignoring the whines from the children, he stuck his tongue out telling the kids to build another castle. Still covered in a lot of sand, Wonwoo rubbed his sand covered hands and legs all over Jihoon's skin, eliciting a sharp squeak to escape his companion's lips. The grainy texture of clumped sand scratched at his skin, a huge wave of stimulation. Jihoon tried to escape Wonwoo's clutches but Wonwoo was taller and stronger than him, effortlessly picking him up. 

"Come on Jihoon!! Don't just sit here and burn in the sun!!!" Stepping closer to the water, Jihoon began frantically grabbing at Wonwoo's shoulders, squeaking getting louder. "You milky tofu, get in the water!!!!!" 

Falling backwards with Jihoon encased in his arms, he dunked them both into the sea. The cold water kissed Jihoon's warming skin; he liked how it cooled him down but he hated that it was really cold. How could the sun burn and scorch the sand on the surface, yet the water stay icy cold? An exaggeration but eh. Wonwoo sat up, pulling Jihoon out of the water too, water only up to his waist. He knew Jihoon couldn't swim and purposely dunked him in shallow water. Jihoon shivered, fingers scrabbling on nothing again and again. "H-hyung!" He stuttered out, landing a weak smack on Wonwoo's chest. He only chuckled in response. "Don't say anything. I know what you mean. You loved it didn't you? Let's go again!!!" Getting up quickly not giving Jihoon a chance to answer, he shifted him higher and smacked back first into the water, submerging them both. This time, when Wonwoo pulled Jihoon back out, Jihoon was giggling uncontrollably. Wonwoo always manages to make in smile or laugh in the most weirdest ways.

Hearing his hyung laugh, Mingyu looked over to see his Jihoon hyung laughing in the arms of Wonwoo. "Hyung!!" He tugged on Seungcheol's hand. "I wanna play with them!!!" Seungcheol looked over and paused. Eyes trained on Jihoon, he wouldn't have believed if anyone told him that there was someone prettier than Raina, but looking at the fair skinned Jihoon in the arms of Wonwoo giggling so hard, he didn't know why but he felt an uwu escape. UWU......

Snapping out of his reverie, he helped Mingyu back to the shore before heading over, Mingyu darting off before him, yelling "ME TOO!!" at the top of his lungs. As soon as Mingyu reached the two, Wonwoo dropped Jihoon in the water, splashing Mingyu in the face, thus beginning a huge water fight. Splashing back and forth, Jihoon sat in the water clapping his hands and laughing until Wonwoo slapped him with water. Glancing back at Wonwoo, Jihoon mustered his most angry expression, which was a scrunch of the nose and twitch of a lip, before shoving a wave of water in retaliation. The three of them splashed and screamed, laughing all the while. Standing to the side, Seungcheol snapped a few pictures with his phone(a waterproof one), wanting the moment to last forever. Wonwoo, Jihoon, Mingyu splashing in the water, Seokmin, Myungho terrorizing the lifeguard's sandcastles, Seungkwan, Hansol digging for seashells nearby, Chan sleeping under the umbrella. He admired the view for a little more until Mingyu came bounding back. 

"? What do you need, Mingyu?" Mingyu shyly grabbed his hand, swinging it a little like a shy boy asking out a girl. "I... can you play?" Seungcheol stood stunned again. 

"Can you come play with me and Wonnie hyung and Jihoonie hyung?" Hand clutching at his chest wear his heart is, he internally screamed at the cute display. Maybe he should see a doctor after this trip. He keeps getting shot with cute bullets from the boys. "Of course." He finally choked out, allowing Mingyu to drag him by the hand to the water. 

Seungcheol stood awkwardly in the water. He felt like he shouldn't intrude but Mingyu insisted. Wonwoo and Jihoon also stared awkwardly back. As the silent crow makes its way over there heads and Seungcheol drops his gaze to the water lapping at his calves, suddenly a bucket of water was dunked on him. Flinching at the cold water and shooting his head up, his eyes caught Wonwoo bursting out in laugher, bucket in hand, Jihoon giggling along. Mingyu screamed from the splash damage and slapped water back at his brothers. Feeling the competitive side come out a bit, he used his big hands and shoved a wave over Wonwoo, toppling the boy over. More laughter escaped the petite teen, Mingyu launching himself on top of Wonwoo smacking him below water level once more. Playing together, he realized that all he had to do was the first step. Just like how he took the first step in meeting the children, and the little help he got from Mingyu and Wonwoo, he took the first step, stepping closer towards the warm family.