The Final

This is the Choi Family

Summary of what has already happened for each character:

♛Seungcheol

✦The ‘oldest’ main character of the story

✦The ‘only’ son of the Choi family
❇It has already been revealed that he has an older brother, Choi Seungmin, who had saved money for reassignment surgery and is living with their lover. Let’s assume Seungmin is living a better life after all this time.

✦He loves children to a fault; this was a trait passed from his brother.
❇The moment he learned of his father’s adoption of the children his thoughts lead to his father first. He was shocked and confused about this person’s motives; this man was always in control and making decisions that only benefits himself. Someone like this wouldn’t be so reckless and do something so big on a whim. There would have been a lot of thought and planning ensuring his own success first.
❇He accidentally hurt the children on their first meeting with his sudden rush of emotions, not realizing that the people before him are just innocent children. Mingyu’s appearance was like a wake-up call and he cleared his head, leading to the start of a better relationship.
❇It is most obvious when he is constantly considering each child’s present and their safety.

✦Use to be an underground rapper.
❇He had some popularity, but it was shut down with coming of age and his father’s control.

✦Owns CSC Entertainment, a company started up by himself without the help of his father.
❇The money he earned working for his father in the early years, all of it was put in.
❇Though I never mentioned much about the success of his idols aside from Hoshi, it’s assumed that his company is doing well.

✦He is a generally bright guy who strongly believes in righteousness.
❇Not abandoning the children who were forcefully taken in by his dumb father shows his compassionate character.
❇Always looking for a different way out shows his determination.

♛Jeonghan

✦The ‘heir’ to Yoon Family

✦A person who started with weak character
❇Constantly suppressed by his father; from when he wakes all the way until he sleeps, this was all controlled by his father. His life of constant control made him unable to make right decisions for himself. He was mentally unstable whenever his father was around or whenever something relating to him was spoken of. This is seen in his submission and never refusing his father’s requests.

✦Loves Joshua
❇I hope this is apparent. However, though he himself knows it, he has very low self-esteem and feels like a burden to the people around him. This is the reason which drives him to want to become better even though we all know Joshua fell for a person called Jeonghan, regardless of the baggage he thinks he carries.

✦Use to work in management in Yoon Industries, now working freelance in video production which he minored in in the US
❇I don’t think I really talked about this so I’ll explain: Although his father controls much of his life, he sent Jeonghan who received a scholarship and his wife to America alone; his father came and went, managing his company back in Korea and business relations in America. You could say distance gave Jeonghan a little freedom which is how he got to know Joshua. Jeonghan majored in business management under his father’s wishes (commands) and took up extra classes to fill in time. Those classes happened to match the list of classes for a video production minor. With just a few more classes on that list and consultation with his counsellor, he graduated with a major and minor.
❇The time he separated with Joshua, he had already finished his course work and his graduation was forgotten, but on papers he has all the credentials he needs.

✦Character development happens as he finds what he wants to do in life.
❇He gets seen as a responsible figure in the later chapters, protecting the children and worrying about them that horror episode. (Although I say he is responsible, I don’t want him to be a parental figure.)

✦Although it isn’t explicitly said, he has his own ideals for a good family.
❇Due to his own experiences and the experiences that he heard from others, he knows the difference between a happy family and his own family. In his ideal family, he doesn’t care if there are parents or not. He longs for freedom of choice, love, and care.

♛Joshua

✦Seungcheol’s cousin
❇Make that distant cousin. Their parents’ relationship is at most knowing each other’s name. Someone’s father’s brother’s wife’s sister’s….you get the idea.
❇How Joshua and Seungcheol got close was due to functions. Although Joshua’s story and background is in America, his family visits Korea often when younger. They also are from the high society circle so are invited to functions that Mr. Choi would also be invited to.

✦A café chain owner who is very hands on in its affairs
❇Different from his father’s line of work, he does what he wishes to with the blessings of his parents.

✦Loves Jeonghan
❇Something I may not have mention (I can’t remember every single detail from my own story cries): It was in an elective course of photography (or the likes) where he met Jeonghan. Since Jeonghan came to America for the first time to study, Joshua helped him out as a fellow Korean. Just like that, they became close and from close into closer.

♛Jun

✦A close friend to Seungcheol and co.
❇How he became friends is just like the others. Functions, social gatherings, high society.

✦From an unhappy family that valued sons over daughters (well most families in this story is like this but Jun is the only one with a sister).
❇His sister’s affairs weren’t managed well due to negligence. His family has power, but the relationship between child and parent was too cold, things weren’t done timely, and communication didn’t work very well. Although running off with a questionable boyfriend is irresponsible, their parents forcing and not listening were just as in the wrong.
❇However, their brother and sister relationship was much better. She had entrusted him with her one secret, her child. Its too unfortunate that the child was too young and the journey between China and Korean was too taxing and the care of the orphanage was too lacking.

✦Runs an intelligence agency.
❇He does most of the information gathering in the story, aside from times that have Seungcheol finding his way in familial matters.

✦Best emotional pillar

♛Hoshi

✦Idol

✦Friend of Seungcheol and co.
❇Functions. Yay~

✦A relatively younger and energetic character of the ‘adults’
❇I’d like to believe that I did a pretty good job at writing his backstory. Anyways, he was deprived of what others his age had, resulting in childish desires as he grew up. This was a problem caused by his family situation; his family to this day does not understand him and he is unwilling to explain. He himself knows that he is a bit petty and a bit selfish but explaining to people who have strong pride would be too tiring, so he has given up. Either way, his relationship with his parents is lukewarm at best.

♛Wonwoo

✦A student that has been held back a year.
❇It’s because of this status that he got to meet Jihoon and become best friends and a brother in their little family.

✦His family is run by his mother, not his father.
❇His father is very obedient to his wife. Whatever she wants, he provides. This mindset caused his son, Wonwoo, to stop looking for him for help in life.
❇His family is rich, but his pocket money is little. His family is nouveau riche, and his mother values face a lot. Since Wonwoo hasn’t done anything to gain her support, he is just a pawn she is keeping in her books if an opportunity arises. This is seen in her asking Wonwoo for Seungcheol’s contacts and acting as if they were close enough to be on certain terms.
❇His family does not care where he goes as long as he is alive and not ruining the little reputation they have.

✦Has talent for music but prefers caring for the kids.
❇Although he spends time managing Woozi with Jihoon, his interest in music came from Jihoon’s talent. Aside from that, he may never have touched music.
❇After learning of Jihoon’s circumstances, he often joins Jihoon at the orphanage to care for the kids. He learned that the orphanage is warmer to the children with guests around so he stayed over as often as he could. Though the effectiveness of this wore off once the people working there noticed that a teen was no threat and had no power.
❇He also shows great prowess in teaching, as seen in teaching Jihoon his classwork.
❇He is seen as motherly to the younger ones and as effective as Jihoon in childrearing.

✦An aloof appearance but warm personality
❇Towards others he isn’t familiar with, he would keep them more than an arm’s length between them, but he also gives others a chance. He listens to explanations and is generally good at giving advice.

♛Jihoon

✦A silent but attentive character

✦Said to have autism
❇Throughout the story, I hope you can tell that he doesn’t do well in social situations and most obviously having a stuttered speech. I have said that he speaks to Mingyu and the kids on his own, but I haven’t showed it much. He does want to correct this problem of his but with the appearance of more people in his life, I have left out a lot of little interactions.
❇His aversion to stressful situations isn’t too different to other people when dealing with them, just a little more panic involved. Due to his own backstory, his sees himself as useless, and he has accepted this part of himself, resulting in accepting the bullying. Whenever he is the subject of the situation, instead of running away, he chooses to become detached and hiding in his head. This isn’t healthy, especially since inside his head is not safe.

✦His backstory is not pretty

✦A student, in the same class as other people his age
❇With just a little more review, he can keep up with other students; this was a decision made with Jihoon and approval from a doctor.

♛Mingyu

✦The ‘oldest’ among the ‘kids’
❇I made him oldest because I wanted Seokmin to be younger. Hehe~

✦He’s the best older brother
❇As the next oldest in Jihoon and co., he does his best to aide Jihoon in everything. He is much better than children his age at raising babies. He wishes to lessen Jihoon’s burdens as much as he can.

✦Enjoys Wonwoo’s company
❇This is due to the help that Wonwoo can provide to Jihoon. Although Mingyu would like to do everything for his family, there are limitations to being young. He is very grateful for Wonwoo’s appearance in their lives. Wonwoo is also someone Mingyu looks up to, academic wise.

♛Seokmin

✦The next kid in line
✦Besties with Minghao
✦Best drama queen

♛Minghao

✦The child that replaced Jun’s nephew on papers.
❇I hope that arc was interesting. To summarize, Jun’s sister’s child was sent from China to Korea on a ship to keep him away from the danger that took her life. Sadly, the child was too young. The journey was too taxing, the conditions of the orphanage was too poor, the child died just as another child was brought in. This child had nothing to him so they decided to transfer what little information they had to this child to save work.

✦Rather quiet child
❇Although he is quiet, he enjoys happy and noisy environments. He especially likes watching Seokmin and Mingyu holding plays.

♛Seungkwan

✦A child with questionable background
❇There’s been rumors about his birth parents since the day he entered the orphanage. A strange lady claiming to be his mother constantly visited in the early days but disappeared. This woman is found to be a relative who knows a little something. His parents are wealthy, so she wanted to take the child to get money.
❇His parents, after knowing about his circumstances, sought Seungcheol, who was currently taking care of the children, to ensure Seungkwan’s safety. Mother-in-law is known to be a little crazy.

✦Rather bubbly character and loves to cling to Hansol

♛Hansol

✦Besties with Seungkwan
❇Although I don’t think I really showed their relationship well, its mostly Seungkwan keeping Hansol motivated and bringing him along to everything he does.

♛Chan

✦The baby of the family
❇Just a baby who’s finally learning how to walk~

 

Future plot I had wanted to explore (new content):

✦Seungkwan’s future

❇His adoptive parents want to protect him, but just by being near him, they are putting him at risk. His grandmother is a bit (very) overbearing and only wants the best for her son. This is why she doesn’t approve of his first wife as she didn’t have high social standing. Having a child that isn’t even his blood is even worse as the upper class shuns mixed blood (social-wise) more specifically illegitimate children.

❇Seungkwan and company would go on a picnic at the nearby park when a stranger approaches him. Everyone knew to be cautious due to kidnapping and etc., but instead of a specific target, the closest person was taken. Though I haven’t planned out the entire scenario, the person I decided on being ‘kidnapped’ is Wonwoo. He’s not a kid, I know. He is very protective of the young ones and would put himself between them and danger as seen in the bus incident. Something like keeping the children behind him while the others are coming over with suspicion and swoop! Mr. Kim finds out that this is done by his mother and a huge argument about human rights and the likes happens. The final straw would be Boo Yooyoung herself saying that she never held a grudge for everything she has done to her because she can understand how she feels. She wants the best for Seungkwan so she begs for her to let Wonwoo who along with the others were taking good of Seungkwan. Grandmother finally lets Wonwoo go after being understood.

✦Jihoon’s backstory

❇Briefly in an episode, Jihoon showed panic attack like symptoms when watching Joshua and Jeonghan fight. A little of his history was told; his mother blames him for anything and everything just because he resembled his father who had disappeared.

❇Here’s the story: After Jihoon was born, there was a financial crisis and many companies had to lay off their workers to cut costs. Jihoon’s father was such man; he was the sole breadwinner of the family of 3 and with the loss of his job, debt started piling up. Jihoon’s mother wasn’t academically smart so her frequent spending started causing discourse between them. As a baby, Jihoon grew up listening to them argue but all he could do was cry along. While father was trying to make ends meet, mother started behaving violently at home. Although she still took care of Jihoon’s needs, it was the bare minimum. His father did tend to Jihoon when he was at home, which is why his mother still bothered with him. By Jihoon’s 3rd birthday, their relationship was too toxic that there wasn’t a day where some terrible words were thrown about. This went on until one day, his father did not return home after work. His mother didn’t care and didn’t bother to go looking for him. Only until one too many days have passed, and her funds have finally run dry, did she try to look for her husband. It wasn’t long until debt collectors came knocking and asking for their money but since she didn’t work, there was no income to pay off anything. After an extension, she finally got a job, barely feeding the two of them and had a friend help with the debt. You’d think things would start looking up but no, work for an uneducated person is very stressful. Whenever she felt any negative emotions, she hurled it all at the only other living person by her. Jihoon grew until 7 years old hearing this. She finally couldn’t support a growing child and left him at an orphanage.

❇Jihoon at 5 had started school like other kids was quieter than others. From the other students, he was remembered as the child who didn’t do anything but sit alone during break. He wasn’t being punished, he just preferred to not move at all. His teachers were worried for his health knowing bits and pieces about his family situation. Once they took him for counselling, but the doctor didn’t do his job right and just said that he was just a reserved child. Other parents spread rumors about his situation and obviously rumors made by adults would reach children’s ears. The kids around Jihoon started calling him names just as they had learned from their parents and the teachers were bewildered. However, the teacher had no power to stop anything that happened in school so all they could do was watch over Jihoon the best they can. It wasn’t until Jihoon was registered with an orphanage that he switched schools and was diagnosed with autism. His unresponsiveness and hiding from crowds appeared more reasonable but the adults acted just like before, not caring at all.

✦Jihoon’s future

❇I want to cure Jihoon. The truth is Jihoon doesn’t have autism, he only has a ton of matching symptoms due to trauma. He doesn’t respond because his mother doesn’t like to hear him speak. He doesn’t look people in the eyes because his mother doesn’t like his eyes that seemed to scorn her. His aversion to speech lead to lack of self confidence resulting in a stutter. He is sensitive to negative emotions resulting in panic attacks. Trained by the people in the orphanage, he likes things to be orderly and clean so that hopefully there isn’t anything left for others to complain about him.

❇To cure him, Seungcheol and company would try to get him to express his emotions more. By asking him to speak his mind, he will eventually build more confidence and just like that the stutter would be gone. By gaining trust and dependence on these guys, he will grow and try on his own to meet people’s eyes when talking.

❇But how would the guys know what to do? Remember the doctor visit? Although after Seungcheol did a little homework for the doctor he never showed up again so far, but he will figure things out with all the context clues before him. He is a professional at his job and with a few trials of remedies and a DNA test, the difference between autism and trauma induced behavior can be clearly discerned.

✦Seungcheol’s cousin who sits in the CEO position is a perfect puppet.

❇Hyunwoo, who was put on the spot by Mr. Choi (and his own father) does not want his position. Seungcheol himself also doesn’t want that position. Hyunwoo had shown Seungcheol his unconditional support due to their brotherly bond. He is even more of a puppet than Jeonghan. Although their situations are similar, compared to Jeonghan, Hyunwoo obeys because he doesn’t know what to do with his life. He has no dream and no ambition, not to mention he has no love life. Even if he has a super strong academic background, he excels in everything and doesn’t find one subject more interesting than the other. There is no drive in his life, so he listens and does as he is told. He is also the most prized son simply because of this trait. Just because he obeys and performs as he is told, doesn’t mean that he isn’t human; he still has emotions and can be swayed by them. Since he has some fondness in his heart for Seungcheol, he doesn’t mind pretending to fail his job from time to time. As for his relationship with his mother, she doesn’t care about the content that her husband does with him, but she does care about her son’s well-being. She does hope that Hyunwoo can make decisions for himself one day.

❇With a little more power struggle, I planned for Hyunwoo to realize a dream. From watching these people who are younger than him, he would finally feel a burning passion for something and start setting time aside for it. When he realizes that he can make this dream come true and with the support of his mother, he would break away from Mr. Choi and his father’s control and the CEO position is once again freed. Since Mr. Choi is such a vain person, he wouldn’t leave this seat empty for long. He would work as the CEO once more despite his shareholder’s wishes. Either way, things are going to get busy for him.

✦The children are not actually registered under Mr. Choi’s name.

❇I think I mentioned it? If you didn’t know, that’s my fault. This man didn’t tie the children to his name at all. That’s why he was so willing to do it. This matter gets exposed by the man himself, saying that he wasn’t the one who wanted it this way. He said the children, specifically Jihoon, was the one who demanded that they pretend to be bound by name and only provide them funds. This way, this man pushed all the blame and future problems on the children. Him not caring for the children who were in a bus accident? Not my problem, they didn’t want me near them. School life troubles? I wanted to help them earlier but they didn’t want it. My son went and corrected the school system? That’s because I couldn’t stand watching anymore, I had to do something. Just like that, public opinion of the children dropped while his own image soared. One thing he kept out of the news was how his son wasn’t his heir.

❇To remedy this situation, Seungcheol would adopt them himself but the between him and the oldest Jihoon did not exceed 10 years and could not be his guardian. Once news of this got out, the first person to reach out to them was Seungkwan’s parents. Mr. Kim and Ms. Boo offered to have them under their name. Although the two haven’t planned to get married again, after seeing the change in his mother, Mr. Kim went for it. The two bind together once more and received the children under their name. However, their lives did not change; Seungcheol still cared for them, they still lived in the same house. Unlike Mr. Choi, they honestly had the children under their name, but they wouldn’t interfere unless needed.

✦Wonwoo and his family situation

❇As nouveau riche who are the first in their family to enter high society, they have to cautious about everything and everything they do. People around them already know their name and look at them as they are new. They would be scrutinized until they show etiquette worthy of the upper class before trust and acceptance occurs. Wonwoo’s mother is working really hard to stabilize their footing and ended up being very strict. Restricting where and who Wonwoo was with, keeping her public image up, thankfully her husband follows her wishes. When she found out that he was hanging out with a boy, she didn’t think much since he wasn’t causing trouble. However, when she found out who the kid was, she wanted her son to keep away to avoid rumors. This was just paranoia since she didn’t bring her son to social functions often, there wasn’t that many that would recognize him anyways. Wonwoo went against her and continued to stay with Jihoon, making her boil with anger. Threatening but having no effect, she finally chased him away at the hospital, resulting in him leaving home. She didn’t like that one of her people wouldn’t obey but she was quickly distracted by her husband asking for help with the company. Over a couple days, she realized that if Wonwoo doesn’t cause trouble for her, she could care less. As long as he is alive.

❇When she had asked Wonwoo for help with Seungcheol, her first request after their separation, she was shot down. She had finally thought her son had done something right, getting close to the one and only Choi Seungcheol. But he didn’t give her a chance. It was her chance to get closer to the others but she didn’t get her way. Since this kid won’t listen, then she needs to take him back and train him again.

❇I haven’t though this out much. However, I do hope to reform this family. They aren’t at the breaking point like the other families in this story. Due to some mistakes, Mrs. Jeon will nearly ‘lose’ Wonwoo and realize that even though he doesn’t listen to her, always doing things that he thinks is right, he is still her flesh and son. As for his father, he also learns that he wasn’t being a good role-model for his son. He reflects on the fact that he couldn’t be someone that his son could rely on, someone he couldn’t trust to talk to. As for what kind of ‘loss’ yet, I leave to the power of imagination.

✦As for the other children who were not highlighted…..

❇Seokmin, Hansol, Chan….. I would love to develop a story for them too but at this point, I don’t have any big ideas. Sorry… I don’t think I would involve parents and bloodline for these 3 since I basically talked about parent child relationships through this story. If anything, it would more about them growing up. Probably personality development? A lot of my story is based off of their past experiences.

✦Jihoon and Wonwoo being Woozi

❇I think when these two reveal themselves to the world, it would be the moment where Jihoon has confidence to do so. When he doesn’t stutter, when he can stand before a large crowd and still smile. This is very far off on the timeline. Until then, they would gain popularity with their music. Even if any trouble occurs along the way, they have Seungcheol, Jun, Hoshi out there to back them up. Although Jihoon won’t become an idol, he would become a well known producer. Hoshi would be the main idol that he would produce for, the two going hand in hand up in fame and glory.

✦Jeonghan’s parents

❇After a trade, Jeonghan’s mom lives the rest of her sentence and gets released early. Although she has not a cent from her husband, she was still accepted back to her own family and goes back to her original ways. As for his dad, Jun would have tracked him down within the next few chapters. No matter how many escape routes he would have made, Jun would crush all his chances of escaping. All for the sake of his sworn brothers’ safety.

✦The rest of the story

❇They’ll go through trials of life; being a proper adult, growing up, managing children, falling in love, etc.
❇I had tagged this with jicheol since the beginning, but I didn’t really help them foster a ‘love’ relationship. There was some hinting here and there that Seungcheol dotes on Jihoon, but unless I say that that was love it could be taken as extra attention due to his condition… maybe even pity.
❇If they were to get together, I think everything with start with trust and dependence. Each and everyone of them have developed a close relationship, but to depend on someone in times of weakness is one step further. This is because being willing to show everything unfiltered can be a bit humiliating since weaknesses are supposed to be kept hidden. Jeonghan has learned to be more open towards Joshua after his episode and that is a huge step. As for Jihoon, he has a story that he doesn’t wish to tell. It doesn’t matter how obvious to others that such things should be shared, it all depends on himself; only he has the right to control this information. For Jihoon to open up enough to Seungcheol, it would be a long journey. Starting with speaking up about his dislike of negative language and straight up arguments and showing a bit more of himself, each step one at a time.
❇Definitely correcting the adults around them. Things like denouncing Seungcheol’s father, settling the company with a proper CEO who has the necessary academics, reducing him into a fool with a pile of cash. Hoshi’s family is estranged and Hoshi himself is fine so there’s no need to fix his family. Jun would eventually talk to his parents about their lost grandchild though the results would be ambiguous.
❇Jeonghan and Joshua getting their happy ending. Everyone looked forward to it right? Sorry not sorry~ The only notes I have on this relationship is the appearance of a new character. A fictional character who is the ideal person that Jeonghan wants to be approaches Joshua. Jealousy and inferiority take over his mind, he starts looking down on himself and being negative again. Under some conversations that happen with people like Jun or Seungcheol, he finally decides to confess and tell Joshua that he doesn’t want to see anyone else by his side. If it isn’t himself, then nobody else. It might sound obsessive but monopolizing someone who he hasn’t spent enough time with, who could fault him? Joshua would then reveal that he only ever liked Jeonghan for being him and that nobody else has ever entered his eyes after knowing him.

 

 

I think that’s about it? If there’s anything else you are interested in knowing more about, as long as I’m capable of answering, I’d love to tell you more. If I missed any main ideas, do tell.

 

Thank you all for reading this far. I never though there would be more than a few people that would pick up my story so I’m very thankful for all of your comments and views! This is the end of my story, 123 parts, 123+ weeks of planning and writing. Thank you for coming with me on this short episode of my life. Goodbye~