110. Just the beginning

This is the Choi Family

Later in the day, Jun called in instead of coming personally, to inform them of the resulting investigation. Seungcheol decided to hear it first before telling the others, in case there was anything the others didn't need to hear.

"How was it?"

"The police are doing their jobs, it was simply a case of drunk foolish people causing noise." It was just rich drunk kids from the neighborhood, partying for whatever reason. They seemed to have a conflict between the groups in the party and it escalated into a fight. Judging from the security footage Seungcheol had reviewed, it's most likely that a drunkard tried to make a move on girl and was rejected then got upset. 

"Several of the people in that group were released as they weren't involved in the fight, and the other was released since he was defending the girl."

Seungcheol groaned, hearing that some weren't kept away, but couldn't blame the police as it was the law. "And the ones that were involved?"

"They're being confined for now but I think their just going to give them a fine to pay and let them off."

Scrubbing his face, Seungcheol felt tired. He had thought living in a richer neighborhood could protect them from more threats and his father, but something like this happened inside these so called 'walls' and yet the kids experienced this horror. 

"I'm thinking of moving again, please stop me."

"I understand you want to find a safer place, but there's a limit to where those places are. If you want the boys to grow up well, this place is already better than others."

"Mhm. I needed to hear that. I could do more but I could disturb the kids' lives." Seungcheol reflected and reassured himself. Calming down, he checked up on Jun. "How are you? Still hung up on Yoon's case?" 

He heard the tiredness leaking from Jun's sigh. "It's okay. I have things in order, and soon I'll catch him. I just worry that this might impact Jeonghan's state of mind again. There is just so much dirt about his father that I don't think he knows about."

"Should I be worried for you? Is it really dangerous?" If it could get much worse, Jun should stay out of it, for his own safety. "You better be careful."

"I'll be fine. Just keep an eye on Jeonghan when the news starts rolling out. It'll first be rumors since we need to make sure to reveal every single bit of this monster's tracks and this starts tomorrow. Sorry for the short notice."

"That's fine. I just worry that you are overworking yourself."

"Mhm, I hear you. I just want to apologize ahead of time, if Jeonghan doesn't like what I will be doing."

"What do you mean?"

"...It's something. But I won't change my mind."

Seungcheol went through their conversation in his head again, trying to find clues. "Jun?"

"Hm?" He hesitated to continue. Instead, he decided on words of comfort.

"....We trust your decisions. You climbed to be where you are now all on your own, you know more than all of us combined. I'm sure he'll come to understand you in time."

 "...Thanks. Be careful."

"Back at you. Stay safe. Don't do things too dangerous."

Jun chuckled, teasing that Seungcheol didn't stop him completely from doing dangerous things. Ending the call, Seungcheol returned to the others and briefed them of the incident the morning before.

"It seems he's really busy, but I'm sure he's the only one who can do it." Joshua replied after hearing how he's been working on Yoon's case.

"He'll be back in time for our vacation right?" Wonwoo asked. They planned to go to a ski resort so that the children could experience mountains of snow in the following break, a couple weeks away. 

"I think so. We'll see."

Seungcheol stole glances at Jeonghan who was sitting next to him. Seeing him actively participate, Seungcheol was happy to see that he was feeling better and closer to the others. But he also felt a bad feeling that something unhappy would happen.

------------------

NEWS REPORTS

3 days ago

There's  been rumors about Yoon Donghyun hidding away amidst society after leaving jail. The man was arrested and confined on the charges of money laundering and tax evasions but there seems to be more than what meets the eye.

Since as early as 25 years ago, the man had a series of offenses; the housekeepers in their household had filed charges against said man for harassment and abuse but many of these cases were closed for unknown reasons. It wasn't until a detective that had just switched over and took up one of these cases did they finally charge the man. Despite investigations, Yoon Donghyun was only fined a few zeros and got off scot-free.

What exactly are these cases? Did they happen inside the household? Did his wife know about this? Did his son, Yoon Jeonghan, know about this? Without knowing anything, the man was only fined, not jailed. We want to know the truth and are searching for information. If you happen to know something, please contact us here.

2 days ago

While Yoon Donghyun is still among society, more information has come to light. There have been informants throughout the week, and we thank them greatly for letting us know. It seems there is a huge story to be revealed today. From how many parties the man has gone through and how many times he's stayed somewhere besides home overnight, there seems to be records of other women who have interacted with Yoon Donghyun. 

As this information is given to us privately, we will not disclose the source however we can at least tell you that this person use to work for that family. Yoon Donghyun is a lover of alcohol and has made severe mistakes while drunk, said our informant. From yelling at people all the way to becoming violent with people, he is a dangerous drunk. 

There are rumors that the man has illegitimated children outside of the country; some letters with money the proof. Either he moved them out or had them out there, we do not know. There also seems to be discourse within the family since early on. More on this next time.

posted yesterday

Breaking news! Yoon Donghyun and his wife were arranged in marriage, and his wife lived a life of luxury knowing what her man does behind closed doors! What happened to their only son Yoon Jeonghan?! But there is more! There seems to be another official son before Yoon Jeonghan! Where is that child? What have this family done to him? We want to hear more of this from the person who had lived with them for their entire life; looking for Yoon Jeonghan to speak up.

a couple hours ago

Like what we said before, this situation isn't as simple as it seems. Something among the information that we have received has changed the entire story. There is a chance that Yoon Jeonghan, the supposedly only son of  Yoon Donghyun, is not his son at all. Information shows that his wife and him only had friendly relations based on benefits; as long as she got to spend money, she would act along at functions. Before her marriage, she lived a free life of debauchery, her family turning a blind eye long enough to marry her off. There is enough reason to doubt Yoon Jeonghan's blood relations. We wish to hear from the subject in question, Yoon Jeonghan for a word.

-----------------

When the news started, Jeonghan didn't feel anything. At some point, he even asked the others to hide the information from him, since he didn't want to hear about his own family. However, he couldn't turn a blind eye to all of this, weighing on his mind where ever he went. 

Picking up the courage and reading all the shortest summaries of the current buzz, he absorbed the words and processed them. There seems to be somethings about bribery but the world seems more interested in his family's relations. Seeing his own name over and over, Jeonghan was more lost than ever. Jeonghan slumped over in his chair, hands covering his face. Joshua who insisted on staying beside him through this, reached out for his hand, squeezing his in comfort.

"I'm here." He couldn't think of anything else to say. He couldn't ask if Jeonghan was feeling okay since he clearly wasn't, he couldn't tell him not to cry, since he himself wanted to cry. He could only reassure Jeonghan that he was here.

 

-------------------

I'm sorry if it looks fast-paced, I have a lot of ideas in my head but I'm not sure I got it out in words that make enough sense. :D