107. Uninvited guest

This is the Choi Family

"Start talking or we're going to kick you out."

"I'll talk! I'll talk." She frantically nodded her head, as if it would get Jeonghan and Hoshi to stop their train of thought.

"You can start with why Wonwoo doesn't like you."

She rubbed her hands together a little nervously, not looking them in the eyes. "I've never met this Wonwoo before. I don't know either why he is not fond of me."

Jeonghan and Hoshi glared at the top of her head. It made a little sense, since Wonwoo didn't realize who she was until she said her name, which is when he turned her away.

"Then tell us what you do know. Why are you here?"

"I'm here to take a look at Seungkwan, my child." She stopped after that sentence. Not a noise was heard for a good minute, Hoshi's patience wearing thin. "And?!" He said aggressively.

"He's my child! Why can't I come see him!" Like a broken record, she repeatedly said she wanted to see her son, not giving anything more. Jeonghan held Hoshi's shoulder, silently telling him to calm down. 

"Can I ask why you are looking for him all of a sudden?"

She looked up stunned for a moment, before casting her sight back down.

"I looked for him before, I was just refused."

"When was that?"

"......"

"When?"

"...every month. Every month since I left him at the orphanage."

"Then why didn't you come looking for him when he was in Mr. Choi's care?"

"I.....he's living with new family?"

Her answers were typical of a parent who has finally found a good foster family for their child, but it didn't sound natural. They weren't getting anywhere. 

"Why did you look for him every month before?"

"Because I missed my child but I couldn't afford to raise him by myself." She looked a bit more confident. Weird.

Still matches the information. One more question.

"Who was with you when you visited Seungkwan? Who was Seungkwan's caretaker? The one who rejected you."

"........"

"Can't answer? Why?"

".........."

"Did you actually go to the orphanage every month and ask. Is there anybody at the orphanage that can tell us that you do so."

Not a single word of how she missed her son or how her son was when she left him was said. Where was the longing, the need to pamper, the need to check their well being. It was suspicious and unlike other parents. But what did they know? All their parents weren't average.

She was beginning to panic just like earlier, eyes darting around more frantically. 

"Nobody! There was nobody with Seungkwan! I....I went there secretly I actually didn't attempt to make contact! I lied!!! I watched from a far!! No one can vouch for me..." She shouted. It would make sense only if she was more consistent. With the wavering gaze and unconvincing voice, she was not persuading anyone. 

Jeonghan whispered into Hoshi's ear, sending him off, leaving himself and this woman alone. 

"Is that so, I don't know if I should believe you."

"Well you can't stop me from seeing my son!" She responded like a broken record.

"What if I don't let you see him?"

"You can't! I'll call the police!"

"And what will you tell them?"

"That-! That-!" She was getting frustrated, the conversation not going as she expected. She looked as if she'd really blow her top, but Hoshi returned at that time. Holding a child's hand, he walked in. Although this conversation wasn't going the way she thought it was, and was feeling despair over not meeting her son, they suddenly bring a child over. It must be...!

"Go say hi. This is Boo Yooyoung."

Obediently he said, "Hello auntie." She glanced at the child up and down. Healthy, cubby cheeks, bright eyes. It has to be.

"S..." She froze. Looking at the kid, she cried. "Oh my baby!!!!!" 

Standing up fast, she circled the table quickly and grabbed the child into her arms. 

"It's me, I'm your mother!!!!"

He didn't move, he didn't hug her back. He just looked confusedly at her.

"What's wrong darling? Did you miss me? Do you remember me?" She rubbed his hair, pulling at his hands, acting all motherly.

A scoff was heard. Out from behind Hoshi stood Wonwoo. 

"What's it to you?!" She barked at him ferociously while pulling her son in for a hug, tight.

"I knew you were fake. You were always a trouble maker for Jihoon. How would I not know you?"

"What do you know?!" She felt threatened. Hearing the name Jihoon, a flash of recognition passed through her expression. She looked back at him to see his eyes appeared to see right through her and she didn't like it.

Her son pushed her away and took a step back. Shocked by this, she turned back to her child.

"Honey? What's wrong? Was I hugging you too tightly?"

He shook his head. Turning back towards Wonwoo and the other two, he went back to holding Hoshi's hand.

"You don't like your Mom? Seungkwan, you can't do this to me, I'm your biological mother!"

Jeonghan stepped forward right before Wonwoo could, preventing him from doing anything reckless. He could see the angry glint in his eyes and was a bit concerned. Taking it upon himself, he smirked. 

"Thank you Mingyu. You helped us a lot."

Mingyu who was holding Hoshi's hand beamed at Jeonghan. "Anything for my brother~" he said with a smile.

"...What?" It seemed that this woman still didn't understand. Wonwoo saw that their play was done and took Mingyu back and away, once again leaving Jeonghan and Hoshi to end this farce.

"That Jihoon..." She mumbled. "But I though..." She mumbled some more but Jeonghan and Hoshi couldn't make her words out. Instead, they began closing the show.

"Ma'am, I don't know who you are, but you clearly don't know your own child. You even mistook another kid as your own, I don't even know anymore. If you're trying to fool someone, try harder." Hoshi smirked. "This one is clearly older than your kid, how could he be yours?" The corners of his lips were hooked up maliciously, an angry fire burning in his eyes. 

"n-n-n-No, no no no!!! This isn't- I mean-!!!!" She dug for words. "That's-it's been nearly a year since I've seen my son, I- he's growing! I- he-....he's my son!!!"

Jeonghan silently phoned the police, informing them of the trespasser on their property.

Seeing things unfold this way, she was livid. Hands curling into fists, she looked both Hoshi and Jeonghan in the eyes. 

"It's all your fault!!" She growled. From how frantically she was before, she didn't look any better, a mess at best.

"Oh~ so you can make eye contact~" Hoshi mocked. Like a gangster who swaggers around dead end streets, he had his hands in his pockets and an evil grin on his face. "Ma'am, you might wanna get going~" Glancing at her clenched fists, he even chuckled. "If you don't want to be charged for something else, I suggest you think a little more~"

"Give me my SON!" She roared, taking a step forward. It didn't matter if she wanted to appear threatening or not, she was no match for 2 grown men. 

"He's not yours~"

The sirens were heard and soon the doorbell rang. Jeonghan opened the door for the efficient police officers, allowing them to take her away.

"Ma'am please do not resist, for it will be an obstruction of justice. Please come with us."

Taking the woman forcefully, the officers quickly removed her from the household. Not a word of complaint escaped until her brain finally caught up. "NO! I'M INNOCENT!! THEY HAVE MY SON!!! LET ME GO!!!"

The officers knew of this household, as this was an area only rich people could live in. Even if there was something wrong here, they couldn't go against these folks.

"If you have any complains, please say so at the police station."

Shoved into the car, she had no room to argue, completely shut down. 

Watching the police car drive away, Jeonghan imitated brushing off dust before closing and locking the front door. 

"Now, let's find some answers from Jihoon and Wonwoo." There was more to this woman, and they needed to know.