105. Don't hold back

This is the Choi Family

"Onto the celebrity corner! Everyone is super excited to hear Woozi's new single. The title was finally released this morning, the teaser to go live tomorrow evening!" The radio host cheered.

Joshua flicked off the headlights, the morning sun finally high enough to light his path. Stopping at the red light, he took a sip of his coffee, and sighed.

"This is just in, rumors are that the other half of Woozi, the one who sang 'Simple', participated! Another participant is S.Coups, does anybody remember this name? He was pretty famous as a rapper in the underground before disappearing. Who would of thought we'd see his name here like this?!"

Everything is going as Seungcheol planned. Joshua scoffed at the host's tone. Just wait 'til you dig in and find who it is. Joshua wasn't so sure if Seungcheol should participate simply because of his identity, but he couldn't say anything in his face. Seungcheol was doing something he liked, not that he wasn't by raising a company, but by being this involved in music production, he could see the look in Seungcheol's eyes was different. 

He had brought this up to Jun quietly, as Jun was the one who knew the trends the best. All he got in return was that they could only try their best to suppress bad news and hope that they could ride Woozi's coattails, although it sounds bad.

Arriving at first of his cafes, he greeted the manager and stepped into the backroom to check logs. As the weather was getting colder, it was an indicator that special menus were coming soon. Choosing which pastry goes with which drink in a set, which type of cakes were to be sold in slices, which were able to be made to order. Joshua took his time doing everything himself. He could totally leave certain jobs to secretaries or managers, but as his love for desserts and drink drove him to make this café chain, he only ever wanted to make new menus and share his treats. 

The radio could be heard throughout the café, playing trending songs and little tidbits of news. 

"Thank you for listening, that was Dynamite by BTS. Before we move onto the next song, there's another thing trending on the search engine as of now. It goes: There are several crimes that Mr. Yoon is responsible for; not limited to bribery, tax evasion, and illegal possession of goods. However the man has been revealed to not be in jail. As this is just a radio program, please check out the full story on our news channel. The channel number is XXX. With that let's listen to the next song."

Hearing this, Joshua frowned. Did Jun do this? Was there anymore? Pulling out his phone, he called.

"Jun?" He heard loud talking on the other end. "Are you busy? Should I call you later?"

"No I'm free. That can wait." He heard the sound of a door closing before it became quieter. "What's up? Miss me~?"

"Sure. I just heard on the radio the stuff you told us about you-know-who. Was that you?"

"Yea that was me. I've decided that since he's out and about, we should at least limit him from appearing in public. With this warrant over his head, he should be hidden away where no one else could see."

"...Is that so."

"You sound kind of sad, and you know I'm intuitive. Do you think that this isn't right?"

"You see right through me. I'm just mainly worried about Jeonghan. Suddenly seeing his father on the news again, I don't know what to do if he'd lock me out in the end."

"Joshua hyung, I know how your brain is wired. If worse comes to worse, I don't mind being the bad guy. This is the way I'm going to protect you all, if it's a punch I need to take, I won't shy away."

"That's not what I mean, I just...I'm worried."

"If Jeonghan hyung says anything about this, good or bad, as long as he needs a place to vent, pin the trouble on me. Just be there for him ok?"

Joshua chuckled. "It's not that serious Jun. Nobody among our family would throw a punch at you. And yea. I'll be there for him. But what you're saying sounds like it's going to happen, is something going on on your end?"

"I....I'm just over thinking some things. ...And you can take this as an apology in advance. I might just do something wrong."

"No matter what you do, you deserve time to explain and a chance at anything. Just do what you know is correct."

"Not what I think is correct?"

"Haha, is that too strict?"

"You and I will both know when the time comes."

"You've been calling both me and Jeonghan hyung, is everything really okay? You're usually more goofy. Everything you're saying sounds cryptic."

"I'm fine. I just have a lot of work to do. Just, if anything happens, don't hold back, either throw a straight ball or not at all."

"Weirdo. Now I know you've been lying. You busy man. Go back to your meeting. Sorry for interrupting."

"Not interrupting. But get back to your menus bro."

 They ended the call but Joshua felt like he should have said more. Jun's job must be tough. He doesn't know all the details but what he does is a lot harder and complicated than what he does. Shaking his head to clear his head, he went back to work.

--------------

Hi! 

Starting now, chapter might be posted around this time, later in the day than before since school is starting to get in the way. Who gives projects the first day of school?! Just why?!!!

Thank you for reading~ See ya next Friday~