Broke The Promise, But Did It For The Best.

They All Have A Date?!

Jessica's POV

It had been a few days since JongHyun sent me that letter to break up with me.

I was still crying myself to sleep at night and zoning out more than usual everywhere.

Of course, Tiffany was the only one who knew about the break up at the moment, so the other members didn't think too much of my staring into nothing and they didn't hear my quiet sobbing at night.

I was sitting in the back of our van, waiting for the rest of SNSD and Manager Oppa to get here to drive us off to our next schdule.

I came straight to the van after the schedule, tears were threatening to spill and if it did, I wanted to be alone.

The others wouldn't be coming here for another 20 minutes at the least, they would be going around thanking pretty much everyone involved.

I held my tears back, even though I was alone, there was the possibility that my make-up - which was supposed to be waterproof - could smudge and my make-up Unni would ask me questions as to why I was crying.

That was one of the last things I needed happening.

I shifted unconfortably in my seat and my cellphone slipped out of my pocket, falling onto the seat next to me.

I picked it up and noticed that there were 2 missed calls and 1 new message.

I never noticed I had gotten calls or a message, because I had my phone on silent.

The 2 calls were made by the same number and it was a number that I didn't recognize.

The message also turned out to be from the same person.

I read the text, mumbling slightly to myself as I read the text that was in Korean.

Me: Please don't blame JongHyun for sending the letter, he didn't, I did.

Just then, Sunny bounced through the door.

Sunny: What did you do?

Me: Ah! How much of that did you hear?

Sunny: I heard you mumbling and then I heard the bit where you said 'He didn't, I did.'.

I sighed in relief.

Me: Phew, okay.

Sunny: What did you do? And who's the he?

Me: Ah, it's nothing. Don't worry about it.

Sunny: Aww, tell me~!

I tried to change the subject by talking about the other members.

Me: Where are the others?

Sunny: They're still thanking other people. I thanked all of them faster than them, so I came here.

In that little amount of time, I zoned out again, wondering whether I should ask Sunny if she knew this phone nubmer or not.

The sender obviously seemed to know JongHyun, but their name was unrevealed in the message.

I decided that if she did know the number, I'd be getting some information about this and if she didn't, it wouldn't do any harm.

Me: Sunny, do you know this number?

I wrapped my fingers around half the screen, so that the contents of the text was hidden, but she could still read the number.

Sunny: Lemme see..... Put your fingers down a bit more!

She tried to pull my fingers off the phone, but I tightened my grip.

Sunny: What's wrong? Is it a secret text~?

I nodded weakly and lowered my grip a little like she asked.

Sunny: Sorry, I don't recognize the number~! I have a question though. What are you blaming JongHyun for? Wait, that came out wrong..... What did JongHyun do to make you blame him for something?

My eyes widened and I whipped my down back into my pocket.

Damn, I fell for her trick.

Sunny stared at me, expecting an answer.

Me: I'm..... I'm not blaming him for anything..... I just..... It's probably a wrong number, so.....

She kept staring at me suspiciously, but luckily, the rest of SNSD had come back to take Sunny's creepy glare off of me.

Sunny: Geez, you guys took ages! Where's YoonA?

SooYoung: YoonA's coming soon, she said she was getting something. Jessica Unni! Where were you? You suddenly dissapeared!

Me: Uh, me..... I just..... I didn't feel well, so I went to the bathroom then came here..... Yea, I did.....

Doubt was obviously in their minds, but they seemed too tired to think about that now.

All of them just shrugged it off and went to their seats.

Sunny moved up to the front to sit in her usual seat beside HyoYeon and TaeYeon after giving me a warm smile.

Something seemed odd about that smile.....

It wasn't those goofy ones that she put on for TV programmes.

It wasn't one of those friendly ones either.

It was more.....

Sorry looking.....

But why would Sunny feel sorry for me?

Does she know about JongHyun and me?

No, she can't know about that.....

 

Sunny's POV

I gave her the best comforting smile and made my way to the front of the van towards HyoYeon and TaeYeon.

I stared out the open door of the van, looking for any sign of our late member.

I saw YoonA making her way over to us and I waved, telling her to come faster.

She broke into a jog and quickly reached the vehicle.

Me: Mind if I sit in your seat today?

YoonA: No, but..... Why? I mean, you never ask to swap seats.....

Me: I just have soemthing I want to discuss with Tiffany.

I slipped past YoonA and plonked into her seat.

YuRi was sitting in the window seat, Tiffany was in the middle and I was sitting beside Tiffany.

Tiffany gave me a knowing smile which I returned.

I leant over closer to her and whispered.

Me: Someone texted Jessica I think. She wouldn't let me read the text, but I managed to catch a glimpse of the first line and it mentioned something about not blaming JongHyun.....

Tiffany: Oh no..... Do you kow who texted her?

Me: Nope. I'm pretty sure she doesn't either, because she asked me if I recognized the number which I didn't.

Tiffany sighed a soft, but frustrated sigh and I gave her a light tap on the shoulder in attempt to comfort her a little.

Me: I'm sure if we don't make a big deal of this, no-one will and it'll be all over soon. For the time being, we'll keep having to protect Jessica secretly. Oh, see if you can get that number off Jessica. I'll ask other people if they know that number.

Tiffany: Hey, thanks for helping out.

Me: No problem.

 

*Tiffany's Flashback*

After calling JongHyun, Tiffany went to the kitchen to get a cool drink.....

 

Sunny: You okay? You look..... Annoyed!

Tiffany: Oh no..... Do I?

Sunny: Yup and you sound annoyed too.

Tiffany: (Sigh) Sorry. It's nothing, don't worry about it.

Sunny: I don't think it's just nothing, Tiffany. You wouldn't look and sound so frustrated if it really was nothing.

Tiffany: Well, alright. It's not nothing, but it's not something I can tell you.

Sunny: Aww..... Why not? It's better to talk about problems than keep them to yourself~!

Tiffany: Yea, I know. You see, this problem isn't my problem though.....

Sunny: Eh? What do you mean?

Tiffany: It's a friend of mine.

Sunny: Oh..... Sorry..... Have you talked to her about talking to other people?

Tiffany: Yes, but she told me not to tell anyone else.

Sunny: So it's a she..... Why do I get the feeling it's someone in this dorm right now? Can you tell me who this friend of yours is?

Tiffany: Uhm..... Well.....

Sunny: It's Jessica, right?

Tiffany: Hey! How did you know?!

Sunny: It's not that hard..... YuRi told me about Jessica storming out of the house and you being upset.

Tiffany: She really can't keep some things to themselves.....

Sunny: I don't think they've worked it out though. She probably thinks that you and Jessica had a fight.

Tiffany: That's better than her knowing.

Sunny: So..... You going to tell me what's happening? You know I'm going to figure it out eventually~!

Tiffany: That's kinda true, I guess. Okay, I'll tell you as long as you keep it to yourself only. Not even hinting to anyone about this.

Sunny: Promise!

Tiffany: Well, Jessica got this letter from JongHyun and.....

*End of Tiffany's Flashback*

 

--------------------------------------------------------

So this chapter = LONGER~! ^^

Hope you like it~! :)

Anyway, for some people (silent readers! please comment for this if u can ^-^) would u prefer JongKyung or other coupling for JongHyun?

Personaly, I don't ship JongKyung, but I dont hate them either..... -_-

I've gotten JongNa suggestions but I just want to see what my other readers want too ^o^

THANK YOU~! <3