CHAPTER 95

Angels and Demons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

       The Burj Khalifa in the city of Dubai was considered to be the highest building in the world. It had two observation decks. One was on the 124th floor, while the other was on the 148th floor. Visitors used elevators going up the observation decks. But on this day, the elevator going to the 148th floor became stuck. The doors wouldn't open and when the repair crew came, they discovered that no matter what they did, the elevator remained stuck on the 125th floor. It wouldn't go up nor go down. No one could figure out what was wrong and visitors who paid to reach the second observation deck had no choice but to refund their tickets. No one seemed interested in using the staircase since one would have to climb more than twenty floors.

 

 

       Junki was on the observation deck on the 148th floor. He was casually sitting on the L‑shaped couch reserved for visitors and drinking one of his favorite wines. The glass windows around the deck were permanently shut to prevent any visitor from falling. But Junki had removed one of the windows to let the air in and to provide access to his incoming guest. He had already messed up the electronics of the elevator used to get to the 148th floor to prevent anyone from interfering his meeting. Anyone who would try using the stairs to get to the 148th floor would encounter his fatigue spell once they reached the 130th floor. The spell would make them feel too tired to go up anymore. This was after all, a very important meeting and he didn't want any nosey humans around.

 

 

       He had also put spells around the deck to prevent anyone from Lightside and Midnight from spying in on the meeting.

 

 

       Five minutes before their arranged meeting, Junki noticed three specks on the clear blue sky. He was expecting two. When the three landed on the deck, he was surprised to see a five‑year‑old girl with green eyes with Bae Yong Jun and JoongKi. The girl had two pair of angel wings behind her back like Bae Yong Jun and JoongKi.

 

 

       "Don't tell me this is Jade?" he was astonished. "Isn't she supposed to be a baby?"

 

 

       "She has Siesmyre blood, and Siesmyres tend to mature faster than angels or demons."

 

 

       Junki smiled and happy to see his sister.

 

 

       "She could become a grown-up woman before the month is over," he commented.

 

 

       "Wipe that dirty mind of yours, Junki," Bae Yong Jun quickly reprimanded him. "My granddaughter is off‑limits!"

 

 

       Junki burst out laughing before focusing his eyes on the toddler.

 

 

       "Hello, Jade."

 

 

       "You're a demon."

 

 

       "Not just a demon. The king of demons!" he bragged.

 

 

       "I can still kill you."

 

 

       "Whoa! Why did you turn her into some war freak angel, Bae Yong Jun?"

 

 

       Jade giggled. Junki realized that her sister was teasing him! She definitely had their mother's sense of humor.

 

 

       "Stop messing around with Jade. What is this meeting all about, Junki? Did something happen? Is there a change of plan?" asked Bae Yong Jun. A frown appeared on his face. "Where is Blue? You can't go anywhere without him. What have you done to him?" he demanded.

 

 

       "Calm down, Bae Yong Jun. Blue is fine. He is doing okay. He's with his parents." Sort of. "Back to the business at hand. Can you make a Lightside weapon from her spirit?" Junki asked pointing at Jade with his thumb.

 

 

       "Even if we forged a weapon from part of Jade's soul, Jaejoong can't use it," explained Bae Yong Jun.

 

 

       Junki noticed Jade sit on the couch and chose one of the donuts in the food tray on the glass table. It didn't escape him that she chose the donut with the strawberry filling.

 

 

       "A Lightside weapon can only be used by the owner or by his family, right?" he asked.

 

 

       "Even Jaejoong can't touch his own weapon because of his demon half. He wouldn't be able to touch or use Jade's Lightside weapon."

 

 

       "I need Jade's Lightside weapon to conduct an experiment," Junki began to explain.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter