CHAPTER 89

Angels and Demons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

       Dara and everyone saw the true form of Yang Hyun Suk. He looked terrifying and at the same time majestic! He was seven feet tall, his olive skin emitted a dark glow, and he had the body of a prized fighter. Muscled yet lithe. His eyes were deep dark blue, almost black. His thick, sleek raven hair flowed down to the ground, their ends emitting small sparks. Aside from the wings that sprouted out of his back, there were two black horns growing out of the sides of his head resembling antlers. Dara could feel the power and strength emanating from him. No wonder both Lightside and Midnight feared him.

 

 

       Her gaze turned back to Jaejoong. There was no fear on her husband's face. His body had assumed a fighting position while his large Lightside shield floated behind him. The crossbow had disappeared from his hands, but all of his claws had been unleashed. Although Yang Hyun Suk towered over him, Jaejoong wasn't going to back away.

 

 

       "Are you going to hover there and continue to pose for the cameras or are we going to get on with the fight?" taunted Jaejoong.

 

 

       Yang Hyun Suk laughed. His deep voice hadn't changed but it seemed to contain more malice.

 

 

       "You seem very eager to die, halfling."

 

 

       "Halfling? Is that all you could come up with to insult me? Other demons had done better than you."

 

 

       Yang Hyun Suk  turned toward Junki.

 

 

       "King of Midnight, watch how I crush your champion. Better prepare yourself to die because the moment he dies, you will soon follow. You will not escape me!"

 

 

       Junki didn't answer. He simply gave Yang Hyun Suk a look as if the former king was an insignificant insect.

 

 

       Yang Hyun Suk turned to Jaejoong.

 

 

       "Now then, let's get this over with!"

 

 

       He attacked like a bull, his horns targeting Jaejoong.

 

 

       Jaejoong didn't move from his position. He met Yang Hyun Suk's horns head on with his claws!

 

 

       Dara was expecting Jaejoong's claws to cut through Yang Hyun Suk's horns, but her husband's claws were caught by the horns! To her shock, the horns began to grow and form a cage around Jaejoong!

 

 

       Jaejoong's shield came swooping down and smashed into Yang Hyun Suk! The force sent Yang Hyun Suk hurling away from Jaejoong, his horns breaking apart from his head!

 

 

       Yang Hyun Suk stopped himself from crashing to the side of the pit. When he raised his head, he was grinning. His horns had also begun to grow back. The horns he had left with Jaejoong had now reached Jaejoong's wings and burst through it, destroying it. With his wings useless, Jaejoong found himself plummeting down to the red sticky mud at the bottom of the pit.

 

 

       "Now that you have been caught," said Yang Hyun Suk as he hovered above Jaejoong and raised his left hand, "it would be very easy to finish you off!" A long black lance materialized in his right hand.

 

 

       Jaejoong's shield positioned itself between Jaejoong and Yang Hyun Suk, but that didn't stop Yang Hyun Suk. He threw the lance! The lance went right through the Lightside shield and impaled itself into Jaejoong's body!

 

 

       Dara screamed!

 

 

       "Damn it, woman!" complained Junki. "I am going to go deaf! Stop doing that. No Midnight weapon could instantly kill a demon. Your husband also has the ability to heal himself."

 

 

       Dara studied her husband's situation. Jaejoong's hands had managed to break through the ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter