CHAPTER 77

Angels and Demons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

       By the time Junki arrived, the Memorial tree had grown into a thirty‑foot Kauri tree. Blue was clinging and wrinkling the front of Junki 's blue shirt. Jaejoong was leaning on the tree with arms crossed across his chest.

 

 

       "You ing bastard! How dare you order me to come to you? I am now king and‑" began Junki.

 

 

       "You will be killed unless I become your champion and fight your fight," Jaejoong finished the demon's words.

 

 

       "I am calling out the favor you owe me! You will fight with Yang Hyun Suk!"

 

 

       The favor Junki was talking about was something Jaejoong tricked the demon into giving several years ago. It was during the time when both Lightside and Midnight wanted Jaejoong to choose whether to become an angel or a demon. Refusing to choose would mean instant death. Jaejoong worked out a deal with Junki. They would fake documents to make it appear that Jaejoong had chosen to become a demon and would be working for Midnight. But in reality, Jaejoong had remained a free agent and was just pretending to work under Junki. In return for Junki's protection, Jaejoong promised to do him a future favor.

 

 

       Blue's eyes widened upon seeing Jaejoong. He stretched out his hand toward his father.

 

 

       Jaejoong reached out to his son. Blue let go of Junki's shirt and shot out to his father's arms.

 

 

       "So, is your nanny taking care of you? Feeding you?" Jaejoong asked his son.

 

 

       "That spawn of yours is out my energy!" protested the king of Midnight.

 

 

       Jaejoong laughed.

 

 

       "The Elders believe that you are the best choice to protect and take care of Blue."

 

 

       "You named your son Blue? That's a stupid name!"

 

 

       "It's a nickname. Once he could speak and think for himself, he would choose his own name."

 

 

       "The Elders are wrong! I know nothing about taking care of children! I am totally allergic to them! If that baby wasn't a demon, I would have thrown it out of my condominium!"

 

 

       "If you don't protect Blue, Yang Hyun Suk would take him, and use his body as his new host. Then you would have a more pressing problem since I would never hurt or kill my son."

 

 

       Junki was momentarily taken aback.

 

 

       "And as long as you keep my son safe, I will fight as your champion."

 

 

       "Wait, we already had an agreement about you doing me a favor!"

 

 

       "And I will fulfill my part of that agreement. I am just stressing the importance of the life of my son. If I somehow died during my fight with Yang Hyun Suk, you can run away with Blue, raise him to become a strong warrior that would continue my fight with Yang Hyun Suk. He is after all my son. And a son, according to the rules of Midnight could continue the duel started by his father! He would also inherit all of my weapons, including my Lightside weapons. So, it is still in your best interest, Junki, to take care of my son."

 

 

       Junki sighed in defeat. The former Midnight

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter