CHAPTER 27

Angels and Demons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Dara was lying on the bed when Jaejoong got back to the cottage. She was except for the fur covering her body. Her eyes remained close even when Jaejoong walked toward the bed. She must have fallen asleep while waiting for him. He sat on the side of the bed. Dara opened her eyes and smiled at him.

 

 

"I thought Bae Yong Jun's sermon would last the whole afternoon. He likes to do a lot of long monologues." She rose and let the fur fall away, revealing her ness. She pulled him into her embrace. Jaejoong felt the warmth of her body, her soft s on his chest. "So, shall we continue?" she purred.

 

 

"I am still distracted, Dara."

 

 

"Distracted?"

 

 

"You said that Bae Yong Jun was your father. But he denied it vehemently."

 

 

"I know," she sighed. "He continues to deny the truth even when I showed him the proof. He believes too much in DNA tests. Just because his DNA profile and mine do not match doesn't necessarily mean that I am not his true daughter. All it proves was that we are not biologically related. But if there's some kind of spirit test, the truth would come out that he is my spirit father."

 

 

Jaejoong frowned.

 

 

"You need to explain this to me."

 

 

"What do you know about me, Jaejoong? About my mother, grandmother and my ancestors?"

 

 

"That all of you are women?" he replied.

 

 

"Of course, we are all women! Have you ever heard nature being called father nature?"

 

 

"Are you telling me you are Mother Nature?"

 

 

"No. But my bloodline came directly from her. We are one with nature and the clans of the Siesmyre. We are nature's protector. And since the Siesmyres also descended from nature, you could say me and my ancestors are siblings to the Siesmyre. Do you understand now?"

 

 

"Yes. But I still don't get it how Bae Yong Jun became your father."

 

 

"We are not normal women. We don't age. And we always sense our impending death. When my mother sensed her death, she realized that she needed to leave an heir that would continue her responsibility to the Siesmyres. She needed to give birth to her daughter. But she wanted her daughter to be much stronger and more powerful than her. She somehow sensed that during her daughter's lifetime, the Siesmyres would be put in great danger and the natural order of things would be disturbed because of the changes the humans are doing to this world."

 

 

Jaejoong realized that he would soon discover how women like Dara reproduce.

 

 

"And?" he prodded her.

 

 

"My mother created a seed from her body."

 

 

Jaejoong had already heard this from Yabu. But there must be more to it.

 

 

"Is this the birthing part?"

 

 

She nodded.

 

 

"She put this seed in a golden locket created by the Siesmyres."

 

 

"The seed is you..."

 

 

"That was a part of me. But my mother's powers were not enough to give life to that seed. It needed a spirit."

 

 

"And that's Bae Yong Jun?"

 

 

Dara nodded.

 

 

"My mother tricked him into taking the locket as a gift. An offering from the Siesmyre. My mother was not sure from where the angel spirit would come from. But she knew, as long as Bae Yong Jun kept that locket inside his office or any place in the Lightside building, the locket would be able to absorb enough spirit from all of the angels around it to finally give life to the seed. My mother believed that in order for her child to become stronger than her, she needed an angel spirit. She doesn't want a Siesmyre or human to give life to her daughter, and certainly not a demon."

 

 

"Luckily, Bae Yong Jun liked the locket and instead of keeping it in a drawer or cabinet, he carried it with him. He even had a chain made for the locket so he could use it as a necklace. Little did he know that the seed was absorbing his spirit? By the time he realized the truth, it was too late.

 

 

"He threw the locket away, but the Siesmyres were ready. They easily found the locket and brought it back to my mother. My mother then took the seed from the locket and planted it in the forest. Two months later, a plant grew from that seed. It flowered and then bore one fruit."

 

 

"Let me guess, inside that fruit was a green baby girl named Andaryad." Jaejoong added.

 

 

Dara laughed.

 

 

"Yes. Inside that fruit was me. But I do not yet have a name. The Elders were the ones who chose or rather invented that name for me. And they decided to call me Andaryad."

 

 

Jaejoong studied Dara's face.

 

 

"Don't you believe my story?"

 

 

"I believe you. A baby from a fruit or from a flower often happens in some of the fairytales I have read. Thumbelina came from a flower. Momotaro came from a peach. So, it's quite possible that someone like you could come from the seed created from your mother's body and warmed and nurtured by Bae Yong Jun's spirit."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter