CHAPTER 7

Angels and Demons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jaejoong's fist punched through the hard snow and smashed into the side of the mountain. His other fist followed through. Debris of snow, soil and rock flew everywhere. The power of his punches soon created holes on the left side of the frozen mountain. He continued punching and venting his anger on the mountain. Mounds of snow and rock began forming around him as he continued treating the mountain like a giant punching bag.

 

 

Several months had already passed since his assignment with Yoona was officially declared over. But the hurt and despair in Yoona's face continued to haunt him. He could still hear her sobs after he coldly threw her out of his apartment and ended their relationship.

 

 

He never wanted to hurt her.

 

 

"I had no choice!" he shouted as his fists continued to pound the mountain side.

 

 

No one could hear him here or even see him. He was on top of the Himalayan Mountains. The cold wind that continually howled around him masked his shouts of anger. Even the mountain he had chosen to vent his anger with seemed to ignore him even as he continued to carve out its side.

 

 

Break her heart, Jaejoong, or I will break her neck! Would you rather see her crying or dead before your feet?

 

 

Those were the orders Countess Hyori gave him that night when he discovered Yoona had remained faithful and in-love with him. He also knew that he couldn't protect Yoona. His strength and powers were not enough to defeat Countess Hyori. The only way for Yoona to remain alive was if he broke her heart.

 

 

He stopped punching.

 

 

"I had no choice..." he muttered. Nothing had changed. He was still as weak and as helpless as when he was a Lightside apprentice. He remained a pawn who must follow the rules even if those went against what he wanted. He was wrong to trust Countess Hyori, to expect that she was different. She was nothing but a cruel and sadistic !

 

 

It was now clear to Jaejoong that his assignment was never really about Yoona. It was a test for him. A test to change who he was. Countess Hyori was not so different from Sir Sean. Both of them wanted to mold him into something they want. Something that he would never be!

 

 

Countess Hyori made him cruel! Turned him like Hyuna! Everything that Hyuna did to him, Countess Hyori made him do to Yoona. He had become no different from Hyuna because he had also fooled, used and hurt a woman whose only crime was to love him.

 

 

Yoona's tear-streaked face flashed in his mind. Because of him, she would now be creating sad and beautiful songs. Her songs would be filled with deep emotions that would affect people. Every word she would write and sing would move people's hearts. But she would also become like him. Cold and unable to trust again. She would turn her back from love to protect herself from men like him.

 

 

Jaejoong screamed in anger!

 

 

He hated what he had become these past four years! He was turning into something he despised. His mind, his heart and even his personality was continually being shaped by the two corporations. One week from today he would turn twenty-two. He would have to choose between Lightside and Midnight. The moment he made his choice, he would lose himself. He would either become this self-righteous bastard that would allow innocent beings to die just to give an evil human a chance for redemption or he would turn into a cold and manipulative bastard that would twist everything that was good and innocent just for the purpose of producing a masterpiece!

 

 

He took a deep breath. The air here was thin, but it didn't affect him. He leaned on the crater his fists had created on the mountain. If he continued venting his anger and frustration on the mountain, he might soon create a hole that could reach to the other side.

 

 

Jaejoong stared at his hands. He couldn't see even one scratch. He couldn't feel any pain either. He was built like this, impervious to normal physical pain and injuries. Whatever injury his fists had suffered from his continued punching, his body had already healed it. It would take a powerful weapon to hurt him or make him bleed.

 

 

Jaejoong looked around him. Everything was covered in white. The wind had also gotten stronger and colder. A normal human would have frozen and died here minutes ago. But he wasn't normal nor was he human. Neither was he a demon nor an angel. He wasn't sure what he was or what he even wanted to be.

 

 

He found himself thinking about his real parents. Both their genes were inside him. And because of that, his blood literally gave him an inner fire preventing him from freezing or feeling the sub-zero coldness in this part of the world. His parents died fighting each other. And he was the unexpected consequence of that. He wasn't born because of love. Yet that stupid human emotion had always affected him!

 

 

His mind kept coming back to the night he broke Yoona's heart. The countess had praised him. She even gave him a vacation. He was no longer required to apprentice for Midnight, and he could do whatever he wanted until his twenty-second birthday. His next assignment would be given to him after he had officially become an employee of Midnight Corporation. The countess was already sure that he would choose to become part of Midni

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter