CHAPTER 62

Angels and Demons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Jaejoong's memories were now complete. He remembered every possible ways suggested by the denizens of Athenaeum on how he could defeat Kim Soo-hyun. But most of these suggestions needed time to work. And he didn't have the time to collect the materials needed for most of them!

 

 

When he first fought against Soo-hyun after coming from Athenaeum, he discovered that his strength and powers as well as his mother's crossbow couldn't defeat the latter. In his fight with Soo-hyun in Mexico, he realized that even if he managed to cut him into pieces, Soo-hyun could easily reform every part of his body and become whole again without losing any strength and power.

 

 

Jaejoong looked down to where his Lightside weapons had fallen on the ground. His Lightside sword could easily cut Soo-hyun's head or any part of his body, and his shield could provide him protection from the blast of fires the latter often used. But those weapons were now useless to Jaejoong in his current form. Even though they were created from his own spirit and he could summon them effortlessly, because of the demon blood running through his veins, it would now be impossible for him to wield those weapons again.

 

 

The only things he had left to fight Soo-hyun with were his natural strength, his powers of illusion and his talons. He had already used all three against Soo-hyun before, and none had proven effective in defeating or slowing him down. Creating another crossbow illusion and arrows of light was out of the question. Soo-hyun could easily deflect those arrows and even change the properties of the arrows to separate his two natures...

 

 

An idea suddenly clicked in his mind. But he soon discarded it. He couldn't allow himself to become two again. He would need several days to recover! Dara's in danger, and he needed to seek out her father as soon as possible.

 

 

But in order to save his wife, he had to defeat Kim Soo-hyun first!

 

 

Soo-hyun attacked!

 

 

 

Five worms shot out of his body and headed toward Jaejoong. Jaejoong was surprised by this attack. This was the same attack Soo-hyun used on him in Mexico. And he was able to easily crush his worms. Even those worms that managed to dig into his flesh weren't able to do their work since he easily controlled their simple minds with his illusion.

 

 

Soo-hyun wasn't stupid to repeat a useless attack.

 

 

Jaejoong knew something was up, so instead of crushing the incoming worms, he created an illusion double of himself as he flew away. The worms as expected were fooled by the illusion and continued their attack.

 

 

They struck the illusion and exploded! Purple liquids from the worms' bodies splattered everywhere. Several drops splashed on Jaejoong's arm. He immediately felt his skin burn. The worms' purple liquids were acid!

 

 

Soo-hyun had modified his worms! This was clearly another one of his powers. How many powers did Soo-hyun have? Jaejoong began to suspect that Soo-hyun had other powers he had yet to show.

 

 

Jaejoong's healing powers began to repair the skin of his arm burned by the worm's acid but before it could completely heal, Soo-hyun started attacking again! Two large bursts of fire shot up to Jaejoong's position, ignoring the illusion. It became clear to Jaejoong that Soo-hyun could see through his illusion!

 

 

Jaejoong didn't have enough time to dodge this attack! If only he had his shield...

 

 

Before the flames hit him, something appeared between him and the flames. It was his Lightside shield! It blocked the flame as it floated before him.

 

 

Jaejoong laughed. He couldn't hold his Lightside weapons, but he could control them with his mind! He should have known this was possible, these weapons were after all forged from his own spirit.

 

 

Wasting no time, he summoned his sword, and ordered it to head straight toward Soo-hyun. His sword quickly rose from the ground. Soo-hyun noticed the incoming sword, but he wasn't fast enough to avoid it. The sword effortlessly sliced his body in half.

 

 

His body, though, quickly reformed. But in that instant, Jaejoong glimpsed the hundreds of worms squirming and living inside Soo-hyun's body!

 

 

The worms were not just pets or minions. They were parts of Soo-hyun's body! Soo-hyun could in fact be nothing more than a worm that shaped itself into the form of a human. Jaejoong was reminded of a worm called Planarian flatworm that could regenerate itself even if only a piece of its body remained. As to why such trivial facts suddenly popped out of his head whenever he was in battle, he didn't know. Such things just happen to him.

 

 

This new information about Soo-hyun wasn't known to the denizens of Athenaeum. And because of this, half of their theories and suggestions on how to defeat Soo-hyun became useless. Jaejoong now just had three possible ways to defeat his opponent.

 

 

The first one was to create a crystal that would serve as Soo-hyun's prison. The second one was to lead Soo-hyun to the deepest part of the ocean or into the cold mountain ranges. This second theory was surmised because of Soo-hyun's fire power. Water was the opposite element of fire and therefore could defeat or neutralize him. Cold would be most preferable since it could probably freeze Soo-hyun's worms. The third one involved Jaejoong fighting Soo-hyun until the latter finally ran out of power and strength. A weakened Soo-hyun would be easy to put in a sarcophagus and locked for a long, long time using a spell.

 

 

That third option was the one he was trying to do when he first fought Soo-hyun. He failed because it became apparent that he would be the first one to lose all of his strength before Kim Soo-hyun succumbed to fatigue.

 

 

The second option could be possible if he would use the Finders. If the Finders could bring him and Soo-hyun to the North Pole, he might be able to find out if this theory from the denizens of Athenaeum was true or not!

 

 

"Yabu!" he called out to the Finder. "I need to be teleported!"

 

 

Seconds before he stopped speaking, the other ninety-nine members of the Finder Unit began popping out everywhere around them. It became clear to him that Yabu wasn't the only one who followed him. The rest of the Finder unit was right behind him using their powers of invisibility so he wouldn't notice them.

 

 

"You have again used the Siesmyres!" protested Soo-hyun. "Can't you fight using only your own strength, half-breed?" he insulted Jaejoong.

 

 

"Sorry to disappoint you, but insults don't affect me. I fight to survive. And I never was or will be an honorable fighter." He glanced at the Finders. "Teleport me and Sunny to the North Pole!" he commanded.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The North Pole was cold, icy and devoid of humans. No one lived in the North Pole contrary to popular belief that Santa Claus had a house there. It was impossible to build any structure in the North Pole since it was technically in the middle of the ocean. The North Pole was covered by ice that continually shifted due to the movement of the ocean.

 

 

Every once in a while, people came to the North Pole to do research and observations. But on this particular day or night, Jaejoong wasn't sure since he read somewhere that the North Pole's day and night were often interchangeable, no human was in sight. Which was perfect since human sacrifices were the source of Soo-hyun's power. Without these sacrifices, Soo-hyun couldn't further increase his powers.

 

 

"Do you plan to freeze me here?" taunted Soo-hyun as his eyes surveyed their surroundings.

 

 

Soo-hyun didn't seem affected by the cold. He even looked amused which troubled Jaejoong.

 

 

Soo-hyun turned toward Jaejoong.

 

 

"I am too strong for you, Jaejoon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter