CHAPTER 91

Angels and Demons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

       Junki suddenly became aware that something had changed. Jaejoong was staring at him as if he had just seen him for the first time while Dara had begun to tear up.

 

 

       He frowned.

 

 

       "What's going on?" he asked. "Is there something on my back? Did I get burn by something?"

 

 

       Jaejoong handed him Blue. Junki noticed the leaf‑shaped mark on Blue's back.

 

 

       "Where did this come from?"

 

 

       "It had always been there since I marked him as my own son," Dara answered emotionally.

 

 

       "You are a weird mother! How could you mark your son like that?"

 

 

       "To make sure that he would always know he is my son!"

 

 

       "How come this is the first time I saw this mark?"

 

 

       "The mark would remain undetectable and invisible unless I activate it. I have activated it that's why it has appeared."

 

 

       "I don't understand why you want me to know about Blue's mark."

 

 

       "Because you also have the same exact mark on your back, Junki" muttered Jaejoong.

 

 

       "What? Are you telling me that Dara had also marked me?" Junki tried to look at his back, but it was impossible unless he would rotate his head.

 

 

       "I marked you when you were still a baby. When you were still Blue," explained Dara.

 

 

       Junki was speechless for a few seconds before he burst out laughing.

 

 

       "You two are joking! What are you two up to now? Blue and I can't be one and the same person! If that were true, then when I do this to his arm," Junki wounded Blue's left arm with his manicured nail. Blue started crying as blue blood flowed out of his wound. Junki's eyes widened when he saw the same scratch appeared on his left arm! In seconds, both their wounds had healed.

 

 

       "Maybe you should try cutting off Blue's ?" suggested Jaejoong.

 

 

       "Are you out of your mind?!" Junki was aghast.

 

 

       Jaejoong started laughing.

 

 

       "No wonder you are very cunning and a trickster. You have inherited some of my traits," commented Dara.

 

 

       "How long have you known about this?" Junki demanded.

 

 

       "I knew who you really are when I tricked you into allowing me to hide inside your body," she smiled.

 

 

       Junki stared at Blue. Blue looked angry.

 

 

       "That hurt, Junki!." he blurted.

 

 

       Junki couldn't believe that this baby was also him.

 

 

       "What do you plan to do now, Junki?" asked Jaejoong.

 

 

       "Me?"

 

 

       "This should be your decision, not ours. We are your parents but you are old enough to decide what you want to do with your life," said Jaejoong.

 

 

       "Do you want to change history? Take Blue back to the present? Or bring him to the demon couple who raised you as their own?" asked Dara.

 

 

       Junki couldn't believe what he was hearing! After such revelation, he was being asked to immediately make a life‑changing decision!

 

 

       "We can't force you to leave Blue on this time or take him with us back to the present. We would have liked to guide and see how Blue would grow up, but that would be selfish of us," admitted Jaejoong.

 

 

       "You decide what you want, Blue," said Dara, teary-eyed.

 

 

       Junki grimaced.

 

 

       "Why did you name your son Blue? That's not as cool as Junki. Junki was an ambitious, audacious and skilled swordsman."

 

 

       "I never heard of this Junki," said Jaejoong.

 

 

       "Neither have I," added Dara.

 

 

       "He is one of the Great Warrior of all time! For supposedly college graduates, you two need to read more!" he berated them.

 

 

       "Then your foster parents must have named you or you yourself chose that name," commented Jaejoong.

 

 

       Junki stared at Blue's blue eyes that were so much like his own. No wonder he began to care for the brat! He found himself smiling.

 

 

       "I like who I am and what I have become. I don't want to change anything," he declared.

 

 

       Dara became misty‑eyed. She stared at Blue.

 

 

       "Goodbye, Blue. I love you so much baby. I will always love you even if you would develop the habit of being a nuisance." 

 

 

       "Me? A nuisance? You two are the ones who keep giving me headaches!"

 

 

       Dara giggled. She took a deep breath, though souls didn't need to breathe at all.

 

 

       "Okay then, let's follow history. Let's find Blue's demon parents. You do remember where they are and who they are at this time, right Junki?"

 

 

       Junki nodded. He spread his wings.

 

 

       "Follow me!" He took off with Blue in his arms. Dara quickly followed him. But since Jaejoong's wings were broken by Yang Hyun Suk, he had to run after them on foot.

 

 

       From above, Junki quickly scanned the land. He soon saw the village of Erbyl. His foster demon parents often frequented that place. The people in that village were a superstitious lot, and his foster parents used that to get what they wanted.

 

 

       He spotted his foster parents. He signaled Jaejoong to the direction they were heading.

 

 

       Junki's foster parents, Leaden and Mina, were near the river. They looked pleased with themselves. The villagers had brought them two pigs and a goat as sacrifice so they would stop terrorizing the village.

 

 

       "Maybe next time, we should ask for a girl?" asked Leaden as he cleaned and gutted one of the pigs he had killed in the river's water.

 

 

       "We can't do that! The Lightside Corp. would become aware of us. We might find ourselves turned into ashes if those angels suddenly show up here because of her parents' ardent prayers," explained Mina. She took out several spices from the pockets of her skirt and began putting them on the pig's carcass her husband had just cleaned. "This would be a very tasty roasted pig."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter