CHAPTER 99

Angels and Demons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

       Jaejoong wasn't worried that Midnight Corp. would claim Dara's soul as theirs though her legs remained dark. Junki literally pushed Jaejoong and Dara out of Midnight Realm after the Arena battle.

 

 

       "Get her back to Athenaeum!" Junki ordered.

 

 

       "She hasn't regained her full grey color yet."

 

 

       "Then do something to turn her back into a grey soul. I don't want mother causing trouble here in Midnight."

 

 

       Jaejoong and Dara were now headed back to her Memorial Tree.

 

 

       "This tree will help me," was Dara's explanation. After coming back from the past, Dara had spent the next two days inside her Memorial tree. Jaejoong wasn't sure whether she was resting or sleeping. But it seemed those two days weren't enough since when she emerged from the tree, her legs remained dark.

 

 

       "How many days do you need to stay inside your Memorial Tree this time to turn you into a grey soul again?" asked Jaejoong as they approached the giant Kauri tree.

 

 

       "Seven days and seven nights. Come back here after that time. You need not remain here and wait for me, like last time," she said as she began to descend.

 

 

       Jaejoong quietly followed her to the ground. He didn't have anything to do for the next seven days. Going to school wasn't as important as guarding her Memorial Tree. He did become bored during those two days of being a sentry when Dara first did this.

 

 

       Dara floated toward the huge Kauri tree and entered its giant trunk.

 

 

       "Come back after seven days," she said before becoming quiet.

 

 

       Jaejoong touched the tree's trunk. Unlike regular trees, the Memorial Tree felt warm to the touch.

 

 

       He began thinking of what he would do for the next seven days. Going back to their house and going to school was out of the question. He would only worry about Dara. But staying here in the forest would bore him to death.

 

 

       After an hour of deep thought, he began building himself a small shack. He flew back to their house, got their couch, his iPod and his laptop. Soon, he had set himself for the seven‑day wait. As he watched over Dara's tree, he listened to music, browsed the internet, watched movies and slept. He would often fly to the nearby town to get some take‑out food.

 

 

       On the seventh day, he was awakened by a fragrance. It was the smell of flowers that often accompanied Dara whenever she walked into a room. Jaejoong opened his eyes and saw the Kauri tree flowering. Or rather had produced one flower. It was a strange looking flower. It was small, green and spherical. Come to think of it, it looked more like a cone. But its fragrance was similar to regular flowers.

 

 

       "Dara?" He called out.

 

 

       Only silence answered him. He walked toward the tree, put his palm on its bark and once again called her name.

 

 

       Dara remained sil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter