CHAPTER 40

Angels and Demons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jaejoong was momentarily taken aback. He stared at the Tarosian to make sure he wasn't just pulling his leg.

 

 

"How?" he asked tentatively.

 

 

"Go to her. Tell her you want your marriage dissolved. There must also be witnesses present. And once you have rejected her in front of the witnesses, she cannot object. All she could do is agreeing to the annulment of your marriage." Elder Duk Hwa stood beside the window and looked outside. "If you want to end this marriage right now, she is just there in the plaza playing with the children around the hot spring. Go to her and end your marriage right now. You will have all the witnesses you need."

 

 

Jaejoong found himself rooted in place. His feet refused to walk.

 

 

"Do I really give her immunity from pollution?"

 

 

"I have already answered that question. Let's not waste time discussing things we have already talked about, Jaejoong." Elder Duk Hwa's eyes studied Jaejoong. "But before you end this marriage, I want you to listen first to what I have to say. It's about time you finally know the truth."

 

 

Jaejoong let out a deep breath.

 

 

"As expected, Dara has more secrets."

 

 

"Yes. And one of them is how different she is from her mother and her ancestors."

 

 

"I already know who her father is," Jaejoong quickly added.

 

 

Elder Duk Hwa continued talking.

 

 

"Because she is special and different, she became quite demanding in choosing the one that would become the father of her future child. No matter who and how worthy the men we chose for her, she kept rejecting them. For her, no one was worthy of her!

 

 

"When she got sick and almost died, all of the Elders became afraid that because of her attitude and refusal to consider any man to become her future child's father, she might die without leaving a successor." Elder Duk Hwa paused, took a breath and then continued.

 

 

"So, while she was sleeping and healing, the Elders began to form a plan. Since Dara had refused to consider every available man from the three worlds, we decided to create a man she could not refuse." The Tarosian's eyes locked on Jaejoong.

 

 

Jaejoong began to understand where this story was going.

 

 

"Are you saying-"

 

 

Elder Duk Hwa nodded.

 

 

"The Elders facilitated your birth, Jaejoong. We are the ones responsible how you came into this world."

 

 

"How?" Jaejoong's mind was reeling with this revelation.

 

 

 

"After choosing who should be your parents, we then began manipulating events so that Archangel Na-young and Prince Won Bin began to see each other as mortal enemies to the point that both would seek a duel to end their rivalry. After proper documentations and permits for their fight had been obtained, they proceeded to the agreed upon battleground. We made sure that we were there first. We also prepared the place for them. We used all kinds of potions and spells to turn that place into a lover's nest. Several of the Elders had also enclosed that place with illusions so that anyone from Midnight or Lightside who was interested to see the fight would behold a bloody fight instead of what was really occurring which was a ual tryst."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Even if your spells and potions affected those two and their hate turned to lust, their bodies were not compatible. An angel's human form is just a mere representation, not a real body. And their nature remained and would naturally reject each other," pointed out Jaejoong.

 

 

"The spells temporarily turned them to real humans making their bodies perfectly compatible with each other." Sadness dimmed the big round eyes of the Tarosian. "We just wanted them to create a man worthy for Dara. We never intended for them to die. But they were powerful beings, and they soon broke from our spells and made our potions ineffective. Before we could snatch you from Archangel Na-young's womb, the two of them had regained their senses and remembering what they had just done went crazy and began fighting each other to the death. You know how that ended," his voice trailed off.

 

 

Jaejoong now understood he was conceived through Siesmyre magic. And the power of illusion he now possessed must have come from the Siesmyres. Maybe the reason for his fascination with fairies was because deep inside, he knew he was in someway part of the Siesmyre race.

 

 

"But even while you were growing up, we already saw your potential, we were still not sure though if Dara would accept you. Our plans and the sacrifice of your parents would be for nothing if she rejected you. But when she laid eyes on you," Elder Duk Hwa smiled, "she instantly recognized you were indeed worthy of her and the perfect father for her child. You giving her immunity from pollution and her falling for you were not part of our plan. If there's anyone that should be blamed by what she now feels for you, it's you Jaejoong."

 

 

Jaejoong blinked.

 

 

"Excuse me, what do you mean she fell for me?"

 

 

"That is what these eyes of mine can see. But my personal opinion is not important here. You should be able to know this truth by now."

 

 

Jaejoong couldn't speak for several minutes. He found himself thinking hard.

 

 

"What would happen if I chose to have my marriage with Dara annul?" he finally asked.

 

 

Elder Duk Hwa's face looked worried.

 

 

 

"We have to find another husband for her. It would be hard, because she will definitely reject those men. For her, she had already chosen. She doesn’t want any other man. But that won't stop us from trying until we soon find someone else who could replace you."

 

 

Jaejoong clenched his teeth.

 

 

"If you don't want to talk to her or see her again, there is another way so your marriage with her could get annulled. If after a year of your wedding day, your marriage to Dara remains unconsummated, the mark on your face will disappear. That will signify that your marriage to her is over."

 

 

"I don’t see any mark," he commented touching his cheek.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter