CHAPTER 84

Angels and Demons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

      

 
      

 

      

 

 

       Two hours before the start of the first challenge for the throne of Midnight, Junki received a text from Jaejoong. The half-demon had the nerve to instruct Junki to go to Dara's Memorial Tree in Waipoua Forest and fetch him!

 

 

       Junki reined in his anger. Anger never solved anything. Part of him wanted to punish Blue for Jaejoong’s insolence. But whenever he looked at Blue's eyes, the Elders' spell would suddenly kick in and he would feel the need to protect the baby from anyone, even from himself.

 

 

       "Your father is a pain in the , Blue!"

 

 

       "!" he repeated.

 

 

       Junki found himself laughing. His anger had dissipated.

 

 

       "Well then, let's go drag him away from your mother's Memorial Tree!"

 

 

       As the new king, he was given a new transportation talisman. This was much more efficient than the one he had before, and he didn't need to go through the red tape and necessary tests. It was also customized to his liking.

 

 

       He had Heechul embed the talisman in his earring. All he needed to do was touch the earring and think of the place where he wanted to go. Unlike with his former talisman where he had to recite a silly chant. He touched his earring. This talisman also afforded him to transport anyone he wanted. He could use it to transport at least three people. In an instant, he found himself before the giant Kauri tree. Blue remained on his back. He didn't use the talisman to transport the boy, but it seemed the Elders' spell required that Blue remained with him wherever he went.

 

 

       Dara's tree had quickly become the queen of the forest, dwarfing the other Kauri trees. But unlike the normal Kauri trees, Dara's Memorial Tree could only be seen by angels, demons and Siesmyres. No human could ever see the majestic tree.

 

 

       Jaejoong was leaning on the wide trunk of the tree. And to Junki’s surprise, he also saw Dara hovering near Jaejoong.

 

 

       "Shouldn't you be back in Athenaeum?" he asked.

 

 

       Jaejoong stretched out his hand toward him. Junki's left eyebrow arched when he saw a glowing green seed in his palm.

 

 

       "What is that?"

 

 

       "A potion in the shape of a gummy candy."

 

 

       "Why are you giving that to me?"

 

 

       "For your protection," quipped Dara.

 

 

       "I have enough spells and protection to keep me safe."

 

 

       "Yes, you only keep yourself safe. But if you swallow this, your protection would extend to five meters."

 

 

       "Why would I need such a wide protection?"

 

 

       "So, Blue would remain safe and I would survive if ever Yang Hyun Suk attacks you."

 

 

       Junki suddenly became suspicious.

 

 

       "Why would I need to protect you too from Yang Hyun Suk?" he demanded.

 

 

       "Because I will be hiding inside your body while Jaejoong fights Yang Hyun Suk. I would be a lot of help since I know a lot of things about Yang Hyun Suk."

 

 

       "Wait, did I just hear you say that you are going to be inside me?"

 

 

       "Yes!" Dara laughed. "Because if you don't allow me to hide inside your body during the challenges, I would tell the Board of Directors about your deal with Jaejoong. And the moment they find out that you-"

 

 

       Junki knew the consequences of his deal with Jaejoong. He had connived with Jaejoong in order to make him an official Midnight employee. He had faked papers and other things just to hide the fact that Jaejoong was never really an employee of Midnight. Not only would Junki be stripped off his new crown, he would also be severely punished. And then, if this reached the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter