CHAPTER 32

Angels and Demons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

"Sir, what's happening?" JoongKi was puzzled by the small screen that appeared at the bottom right corner of the TV screen. It was a scene being broadcasted live by INL straight from the Lightside Department of Security. The video feed showing Jaejoong and the demon hunters continued uninterrupted while the small screen now showed the deployment of seven Archangels.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Where are they going?" JoongKi looked back at Bae Yong Jun.

 

 

"Most probably, to the moon," Bae Yong Jun sighed. This was clearly a decision from the Board of Directors of Lightside. Bae Yong Jun's offer to Jaejoong had now been rendered useless. Jaejoong could no longer count on Lightside's help to survive this day.

 

 

"But that's where the battle between Jaejoong and the group of Prince Teddy is being fought! According to our treaty with the Midnight Corporation. We cannot interfere in their internal problems and conflicts."

 

 

"The Archangels won't interfere in Midnight's internal problems. They would go there to minimize the damage that would eventually occur. They will make sure that no debris from the battles would reach the earth and cause harm to the humans."

 

 

"Archangels aren't usually used to protect the humans," commented JoongKi. "That's the job of the Guardian angels. Archangels are the highest ranked and the most powerful warriors, Sir Bae Yong Jun. They are only deployed to fight our enemies. And seven Archangels are way too many. One Archangel could easily do the job of destroying the debris."

 

 

Bae Yong Jun studied his assistant.

 

 

"What do you think then is their real purpose in going to the moon, JoongKi?" Bae Yong Jun had already deduced the true reason for the deployment of the Archangels. But he wanted to know how JoongKi had progressed in learning to decipher the truth around him.

 

 

The Seraph's eyes riveted back to the TV screen. The Archangels had begun flying toward the direction of the moon using a V-formation. It was a formation often used in battle. The one in front was always protected by the two behind and the two were protected by the last four. The one in front was Archangel Kim Tae-hee. Jaejoong knew she was chosen by the Board of Directors to head the group because she was among the best and strongest of Lightside's warriors. She was also the sister of Archangel Na-young, technically making her Jaejoong's aunt.

 

 

If there was anyone in Lightside who had every right to give Jajeoong a quick death and end his suffering, it was his blood relative Archangel Tae-hee.

 

 

During the deliberation twenty-two years ago regarding the fate of young Jaejoong, Archangel Na-young's family had chosen not to participate and allowed the representatives of Lightside to decide the fate of Archangel Na-young's son. The family had also shown no interest in Jaejoong as he was growing up in the human world. Bae Yong Jun had already realized then that Jaejoong's Lightside relatives had never accepted him as part of the family because of the demon blood inside him. If Archangel Tae-hee would be ordered to kill Jaejoong, she wouldn't hesitate for a second.

 

 

 

Despite Bae Yong Jun's misgivings, he found himself sympathi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter