CHAPTER 79

Angels and Demons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 


      

      

 

 

       The Information Network of Lightside, popularly known as INL, was a twenty‑four hour news channel that broadcast all over the Lightside realm. It's counterpart in Midnight was the Midnight Information Bureau (MIB). INL reported all news that concerned Lightside or of interest to any Lightside employee. It was currently reporting the shocking death of three of the members of Midnight's Dark Council in the hands of Yang Hyun Suk, former king of Midnight. It also had a running documentary airing every two hours that detailed the rise and fall of Yang Hyun Suk. A special news report about the Great War that almost decimated both Lightside and Midnight would also be featured during its morning broadcast tomorrow.

 

 

       A thirty‑second news was also reported regarding Dara's death in Yang Hyun Suk's hand before another major news caught the attention of everyone.

 

 

       This was the instant promotion of Midnight Ambassador Junki to the throne, making him the first king of Midnight after several thousands of years. With the ascension of Junki to the throne, it also became known that in three months' time, the new king would be fighting Yang Hyun Suk for the throne in a duel. And King Junki had chosen Jaejoong as his champion.

 

 

       Shock, fear and a sense of dark foreboding rippled all over Lightside Incorporation as its Board of Directors and employees prepared for the eventual Armageddon that would eventually follow after Yang Hyun Suk won the duel. No one believed that Jaejoong was capable of defeating the powerful Yang Hyun Suk.

 

 

       Several veterans that had fought during the Great War were interviewed by INL. All recalled the battles that Yang Hyun Suk led that resulted to the deaths of many of their angel brethren. None of the veterans believed that Jaejoong would be able to take down Yang Hyun Suk in a Midnight duel.

 

 

       Bae Yong Jun was secretly relieved that INL had chosen to focus on Yang Hyun Suk and the state of chaos in Midnight Inc. rather than on Dara's death. Further investigation on Dara would definitely lead INL to the truth that he was Dara's spirit father.

 

 

       It took Bae Yong Jun some time to accept that truth but when he was finally faced with undeniable proof, he had no choice but to acknowledge it and send a report to the Board of Directors.

 

 

       Bae Yong Jun took his eyes away from the wide-screen TV in his office. JoongKi had been glued on the TV since they came from Junki's condominium. The Seraph was busy taking down notes.

 

 

       Bae Yong Jun's eyes glanced at his granddaughter. The baby was sitting on his lap and busy typing on his keyboards. Somehow, while he was distracted by the news on INL, the baby managed to connect to the internet. Unlike most children her age that preferred to see cartoons and colorful pictures on the monitor of the computer, this baby was busy perusing the internet for all sorts of information. Her small hands were still slow, but she still managed to type the words needed. She was researching about facts and fiction regarding angels and demons.

 

 

       Bae Yong Jun wasn't surprised by this uncanny ability of his granddaughter. She was after all Dara and Jaejoong's daughter. And like her mother, she was given the memories and knowledge of her ancestors. If the baby could speak, Bae Yong Jun would be forced to answer a barrage of questions.

 

 

       She was in every aspect an angel. Her brother on the other hand was a demon and though it pained Bae Yong Jun, he couldn't deny that he now had a demon grandson. With Junki taking care of him, Bae Yong Jun feared the boy would grow up influenced by Junki! That was if Junki would live long enough.

 

 

       His thoughts were suddenly interrupted by JoongKi's voice.

 

 

       "Sir Bae Yong Jun, Director Insung is here!"

 

 

       Bae Yong Jun turned toward the director. His arm instinctively embraced his granddaughter. Director Insung's golden eyes studied the baby who remained uninterested with the latter. Her green eyes remained glued on the computer monitor.

 

 

       "You have nothing to fear, Bae Yong Jun. Your granddaughter is an angel and is welcome in Lightside."

 

 

       Bae Yong Ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter