CHAPTER 22

Angels and Demons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

For a moment, Jaejoong thought part of the mountain had crashed down on him. His quick reflexes enabled him to remove himself from the incoming object's path. He soon discovered that the object that half buried itself on the ground was a large piece of ice, similar to those icebergs found floating in the Northern Atlantic ocean, which beg the question, What is it doing here in the Hokkaido mountains?

 

 

When the debris from the crashed ice began to settle down, Jaejoong saw a blue giant standing before him! Aside from the super-sized leather pants, the giant wasn't wearing anything else, not even flip flops or shoes.

 

 

Jaejoong instantly recognized the giant as a demon. The demon bore all the familiar depictions made by popular books and movies about how a devil should look like. Two large bushy eyebrows framing two blazing eyes, two large bull-like horns, a spiked long tail, long sharp nails and oversized muscles covering his large body. There was also that big bulbous nose with smoke coming out of his nostrils. His color though was wrong. Devils were usually depicted as red in color, this one was light blue.

 

 

 

"You seem to be having a bad day," he commented carefully as the demon's eyes glared at him. He could feel the strength and power emanating from the blue demon. It was clear to Jaejoong that he was facing royalty, a high-ranked demon of the Midnight Corp. But as to the reason he was here, Jaejoong had no idea.

 

 

Jaejoong had no intention of finding out the reason since the large demon looked so pissed off. His best move in this situation was a fast retreat.

 

 

The blue demon let out a loud roar giving Jaejoong a glimpse of big, sharp teeth. Accompanying that roar was his hammer-like fist coming down on Jaejoong!

 

 

Jaejoong quickly jumped back to avoid getting crushed. Snow, soil and rock was smashed by the giant's fist. Debris was sent flying all over the place. Jaejoong tried to avoid the flying debris, but he was still hit several times.

 

 

He fell backward. Before he could get back to his feet, the blue giant's fist once again tried to crush him!

 

 

He rolled his body away. The blue demon's intentions had become clear. He wanted to kill Jaejoong! Had the Midnight Corp. discovered his trickery? Was this giant sent to execute him? Had he become the most wanted being in the world?

 

 

Jaejoong stopped rolling when he thought he had put enough distance between him and the blue demon. He rose just in time to hear the thundering sound behind him. He was surprised to see the giant already within several paces near him. Most big things move slowly, but that rule didn't apply to his current adversary.

 

 

This time around, he didn't have time to dodge the incoming fist of the giant. It hit him squarely on the torso! The force lifted him off his feet and sent him flying backwards!

 

 

The pain of the blow brought darkness that threatened to overwhelm his mind. He fought back and tried to remain conscious. He knew the moment he lost consciousness; it would be the end of him! He gritted his teeth and disregarded the pain. He realized that his body was heading to the side of the mountain. His body was strong enough to survive his impending crash, but he had no intention of allowing that to happen.

 

 

He unfolded his wings and began flapping it, minimizing the speed in which his body was hurtling. He straightened his body and positioned his feet toward the mountainside.

 

 

His feet struck the mountain. He immediately bent his knees and using the force that threw him here, propelled him back at the demon. The demon was running toward him. His eyes bulged in surprise when he saw Jaejoong speeding like a torpedo in his direction. The demon never expected this move, but he quickly raised his hands and prepared to squash Jaejoong.

 

 

Using the power of his wings, Jaejoong increased the speed of his flight. The giant tried to squash him like a mosquito between his palms, but Jaejoong was too fast. He avoided the giant's hands.

 

 

Jaejoong headed straight to his target, the weakest and most vulnerable part of any creature. The eyes.

 

 

Jaejoong extended his right hand and released his talons. This attack would not kill the giant, but he would have a big advantage if the giant lost his eyes. Maybe enough to emerged victorious.

 

 

The giant's eyes widened with shock as Jaejoong drew near. Such reaction was perfect for Jaejoong's plan! His right hand went through the iris of the giant's left eye! His talons were so sharp, half of his arm got buried in the giant's eye.

 

 

The giant demon howled with rage! He began trampling everything around him. The whole valley shook and reverberated. Large pieces of snow were dislodged from the mountains and came tumbling down in small avalanches.

 

 

Jaejoong tried to pull back his arm from the eye of the giant, but the giant had closed his eyelids because of the pain. He grimaced when he realized that his arm had become stuck! The hand of the giant was swiftly coming behind his back! His plan was to fly away as far as possible the moment he had blinded the giant, he never thought his hand would get trapped by a giant eyelid!

 

 

The eyelid began pressing down on his arm, crushing it! He felt like he had put his arm under a guillotine that was slowly severing his arm!

 

 

One of the demon's hands grabbed Jaejoong's body and pulled! Bone and flesh separated! Jaejoong screamed in pain!

 

 

His body was thrown to the ground by the giant while his severed arm was left sticking in the giant's eye!

 

 

 

 

 

One of the rules that Bae Yong Jun always maintained in his office was silence during working hours. He didn't like chatter or even ambient music around when he was trying to think or write reports and petitions he would bring against some of the employees of Midnight Corp. The petitions were not just personal grievances from Lightside employees but also direct opposition to some of the current projects of their rival corporation.

 

 

But he didn't want to look like some sort of autocratic boss, so he would allow his employees to listen to music or any radio program as long as they use appropriate devices so that only they could hear the sounds.

 

 

JoongKi was addicted to music. He always had an earbud plugged to one of his ears as he listened to his favorite music in the latest edition of his Mp3 player or was it an Mp4? Human gadgetry improved so fast, Bae Yong Jun had lost track of what new names had been given to them. Bae Yong Jun tolerated most of JoongKi's fascination with gadgets since he discovered that the Seraph's work output increased whenever he was plugged in to his music. JoongKi also worked faster and harder specially when arranging the voluminous records and reports their department always produced.

 

 

But today, the silence that aded Bae Yong Jun's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter